1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Shrewsbury Squad 2018-19

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Matster, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

i think Eisa is a very exciting player but needs time to develop , were as Fejiri is the real deal and alex is another useful winger , we needed a tall centre back sand Waterfall fits the bill.

2. Zenfootball2

it really is all change Payne is going to Bristol rovers , i feel sorry for Payne playing him on the left just does not work and his goal ratio for minutes on the field is very good. , i really hope we have someone coming in to replace him because i dont rate lewis and if holloway gets injured we would be up the creek with no paddle.
    unfortunately our successful team has been ripped apart.

3. Zenfootball2

the rumour mill is in near melt down Greg Docherty’s loan move is imminent? i do wonder how many midfielders do we need, with Payne got surely the priority is a forward, these kind of deals just dont happen so i assume Bristol have been after him for a bit.
    so we have lost our two best midfielders a very good centre back and our top scorer, , whilst Rodman had a good season the replacement seems up to it,Waterfall has a good reputation

4. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Payne looked good at the start of last season but has become rather disappointing. If we can get a decent fee for him and get a good replacement in ( the young Scottish striker mentioned on B and A?) then Payne moving is fine with me. Looks as if it will take a few weeks for the team to take shape so we must give Askey our total support while he tries to sort things out.

Matster likes this.
  5. Zenfootball2

we have a very tough month of fixtures , we looked like a team in transition and with all the new players they will take time to gel. i am a bit confused as i thought we were going down the route of using Askey to find some hidden diamonds from the lower league to bring them on and sell them .

6. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Docherty seems an odd one, surely we have too many midfielders now? As you say a Striker must be a priority now,

7. Zenfootball2

i have lost track of the midfielders but grant and loft are not fully fit

8. Matster

Forum Moderator

Doherty is one of these "box to box" midfielders, but he's only got four goals in quite a few games. Rangers fans seem to think he'll be one player of the season of he moved to us...

9. Zenfootball2

well i thought we needed a forward before payne went so now i think we need two!

10. greenhousmeadowman

Doherty now confirmed - we have not had a midfielder who can consistently get beyond the forwards (and hopefully the opposition's defence) for quite a while (Dave Edwards?) - perhaps he can do that for us. Nice to see that we can compete with Sunderland on something. I agree we desperately need at least one forward who knows where the back of the net is and I also doubt if the midfielder from Tranmere will be coming in now

Zenfootball2 likes this.

11. greenhousmeadowman

All gone a bit quiet on Payne - perhaps he will stay? On the cash side it looks as if Clucas will have to go to Wolves before Swansea have the cash to buy Woods so that one could go to the wire. I have a feeling Beckles might go - he has looked increasingly out of sorts and not particularly fit in the last few important games - and he clearly does not want to play left back. Apart from strikers (who are very hard to come by) I think we need another right back to give Bolton some competition. I see Grimmer was only on the bench for Coventry on Saturday and would love to see him back. Over to you Askey - this could be the most important day of the season for us.

12. Zenfootball2

if beckles goes we could do with a left back and right back, i cant imagine payne will wont to be playing on the left side and even if payne stays we need a forward

13. Matster

Forum Moderator

Midfielder Ollie Norburn signs for Town on a three year deal. Blimey what a lot of midfielders we have now. Who's off then? Sam Jones in a move away from the club?

14. Zenfootball2

welcome to town ,he is supposed to be a quality player and i think he has played with askey before, i know askey wont two players for each position, but we have two loan midfield players and there clubs will excpect them to play and another three year deal ! we got stuck with a lot of dead weight when melon signed players on long contracts,saying that the two players who have been given three year contracts are supposed to be good players.

15. Zenfootball2

i know i am repeating myself but i hope we sign a forward otherwise i will be worried.

16. greenhousmeadowman

There is always the loan market to the end of August. It may be too late to get a deal done now and perhaps we can persuade Payne to stay. Shropshire Star reporting that we did not make the initial bid for Shankland (though that doesnt stop us putting in a better one). This season could be a real struggle if we do not invest in a bit more quality upfront.

17. Zenfootball2

i have no idea how many midfielders we have signed
    payne is rumoured to have signed a two year deal with Coventry
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-rovers-transfer-news-live-1873069

when i think of forwards i think of lewis and holloway but fejirin okenbirie has played as a winger for us he is also a forward and towns forgotten man arthur gnahoua who when i have seen him plays seems to have been pout in as an attacking midfielder is actually listed as a forward on other sites.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  18. greenhousmeadowman

Payne confirmed at Bristol Rovers. It looks like we are going for Angol from Mansfield ( who recently turned down a move to another League 2 club). I must say I am rather underwhelmed by our lack of ambition considering the amount of money that is flooding into the club at the moment.

19. Zenfootball2

so he has gone there !
    a potential issue and problem is yes we do have this money but i suspect it will come in drips and drabs ,whilst all clubs have a sliding scale on the salary we go for a club record signing we would be paying him a lot more than the other players, so i dont think that will be good for club harmony, Blackburn and wigan had seven players who were been payed more than £10K last year , although saying that when we had Grant Holt he must have been on a lot more money than other players.

after raising our profile you would think we would draw moire interest, whilst
    we have been linked to a lot of players and the rumour mill/speculation / fake stories and agents talking up players is all part of that

i suspect that some of these deals have fallen down due to wages.

my expectations was to see most of the new players coming from the lower leagues to be turned into polished diamonds

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  20. Zenfootball2

welcome last season scored 9 goals in 29 games , or one in every three games . i hope we get another one