1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Shrewsbury Squad 2018-19

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Matster, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

watched him in the brentford game he is a big unit and scored a good header from a set piece , he looks a player you will park in there half of the pitch to hold the ball .since askey said he is looking for another keeper and a midfielder , i am a bit concerned about our forward line , really dont know why we kept lewis he was not good enough to get a regular place last season,payne whos form tailed off towards the end of the season and aaron-amadi-holloway
    who had 21 appearances for Oldham last season and scored ONE goal !!!
    we could not score enough goals last season and we bring in a forward who could not score last season as it stands in one pre season game he has already equalled the goals her scored last season, so let us hope he is transformed.
    i had hoped we would bring in a forward who would bring in something different to our forward options.

still let us see how it all fits together after 12 games .

2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Back up and experience I guess. Bet he won't start many, but will come on to shore up defensive midfield

3. Matster

Forum Moderator

We lost out last season due to Hurst not getting a squad together with more goals in them. Payne was dropped to a sub role and insistence on playing Morris. Since that point around Christmas we drifted.

Hopefully Payne and another paired with him will give us that up front. I'm guessing Fei and Abo will also get us a few!

4. Zenfootball2

the two wingers Fejri and alex both look dangerous going forward Fejri has score two goals in two games,as some on blue and amber posted if you look at payne goal versus minutes played rather than games he has a good ratio ,as you say master Hurst favoured morris last season and when payne came on he was often on the left side .i have no idea why we kept Lewis he was third choice last season. let us hope the wingers keep scoring and we get another keeper.

5. Matster

Forum Moderator

Goalkeeper Joel Coleman signs on a season long loan from Huddersfield Town. Looks likes good signing.

6. Zenfootball2

i am relived we signed him on loan , from Askeys perspective that is it, personally i think we still need a defensive midfielder/sweeper and a decent forward.

7. Zenfootball2

i know askey has been rotating players to get a feel for the players but you would think he would chose the best 11 to start and then rotate in the second half.

8. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

It is anyone's guess what the starting line-up will be against Bradford. We still seem to be leaking goals at set-pieces which is a worry given the height of most of our defenders. There does seem to be a bit more firepower upfront but it would be nice if we could get a finisher like Bogle or Cole on loan.

9. Matster

Forum Moderator

Anthony Grant joins Salop on a one year deal, with an option to extend. Obviously means the is a deal being settled on Nolan and NNsiala.

10. Zenfootball2

welcome to town anthony grant i hope we have not paid silly money for him , but he ticks the box on the physicality that was missing in our midfield , i think Charlie colkett who is a play maker on loan is probably a stop gap for nolan, i dont think anyone is is surprised that toto and nolan wont to go.

11. greenhousmeadowman

A replacement for Abu with good League 1 experience. The Shropshire Star report that agreement is nearing with Ipswich on the Nolan/Nsiala deal so at least we can move on when that is done. I expect we will sign an attacking midfielder before Thursday. A centre-half signing would not seem so critical but perhaps a loan player will come in before the loan window closes.

12. Zenfootball2

a big centre back and another forward would be nice

13. Zenfootball2

Luke Waterfall may be coming to town if he does then we have a replacement for toto

14. Zenfootball2

15. Matster

Forum Moderator

Lincoln defender Luke Waterfall signs on a three year deal. Interesting deal based on the length.

16. Matster

Forum Moderator

Bryn Morris is looking like he is off out on loan until January to a rival league one club. Several clubs were interested in him and he didn't get in the squad on Saturday. Bit of a mystery that Asked doesn't want him yet other clubs do.

17. Zenfootball2

i like bryn and i am glad we still have him, i hope his loan goes well

18. Zenfootball2

welcome

19. Zenfootball2

looks as if the deals will go to the wire

20. greenhousmeadowman

Waterfall was impressive against us at Wembley and we need him to make a good central defensive partnership with either Sadler or Beckles (Kennedy looks like the back-up to me). I am not unhappy with Morris leaving on loan - the lad obviously has ability but to my mind is lacking belief in himself at this level. If he gets some more consistent game time at Wycombe he might return a much improved player. Looking forward to a couple more additions before the end of Thursday. The big question for me is what has happened to Eisa? He looked a real find at the end of last season but inexplicably did not even make the bench at Wembley or on Saturday. Is there some underlying reason for this or can it be Askey does not rate him?