1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Shrewsbury Squad 2018-19

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Matster, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

3. Zenfootball2

bit surprised if we do sign Anthony grant whilst he will bring some experience to the midfield he is 31 and i thought the strategy was to go for young hungry non league players. if he comes we can tick that box for a defensive midfielder ,he does pick up a lot of yellow cards , they paid a six figure price for him in 2017 on a two and half year contract ,he seems to not fit in with Evans who has transfer listed him.

4. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

There is room for a few experienced players amongst the young ones. He is a solid League 1 pro and could be a good addition. With today's refs multiple yellows over a season is the norm for a defensive midfield player.

5. Zenfootball2

i agree there is room for the experience in the team ,i dont have any issue with him , i just thought the strategy was to go for lower level young hungry players

6. Matster

Forum Moderator

I was surprised to see Grant linked to us .

7. Zenfootball2

i know the manager has a lot to adjust to and if he can securing the spine is important , i also dont wont any knee jerk reactions but personally we still need two keepers ,two forwards, a defensive midfielder, and left back

8. Matster

Forum Moderator

Some movement in to the club would be good.

9. Zenfootball2

it wont be long before the pre- season training starts and whilst i dont wont a knee jerk reaction , i feel we need at least seven players

10. greenhousmeadowman

Ryan Haynes - left wingback from Coventry - signed up. Funny how we have swapped left wingbacks with them. Welcome Ryan - I hope you are as good as the last player called Ryan we had (If Woods does sign for West Brom we should get a nice little earner from that).

Matster likes this.

11. Matster

Forum Moderator

Hopefully a good signing for Town. Coventry have got an experienced lb in Brown but has had a bad injury and we've got a younger lad who appears a little rawer but has a lot of potential.

12. Matster

Forum Moderator

Ljl qnd Arthur Gnuhoua have signed up for another year.

13. greenhousmeadowman

Arthur has potential but needs to deliver this year. I cannot see the point of giving Lennel another year but very much hope I am proved wrong. I am still reeling from the news this morning that Abu is going to Coventry - this is a massive blow. We need some new signings soon so they can be fitted in pre-season.

14. greenhousmeadowman

Rodman now gone as well - he had a very good year but Eisa should be given a run now as he is potentially very good. Some people on B and A have lost the plot a little bit - lets give the new manager time to sign some players and bed them in. He must know what he's doing after Macclesfield's season last year.

15. Matster

Forum Moderator

Gutted about Rodman. Good tackler for a winger and got us a good few goals and assists. However not always consistent.

Eisa looks to have great potential but needs a bit more muscle on him to complete the package.

16. greenhousmeadowman

It would be even more annoying if Rodman went to Coventry. To see a club that is apparently making big losses (and one that does not even own its own stadium) making big contract offers to poach some of our best players is galling. However, whether Abu and Junior will fit in with the style of play there (and with both coming back after bad injuries) means they may live to regret their decisions in footballing terms if not in financial terms.

17. Matster

Forum Moderator

Rodman to Bristol Rovers is an odd one. Are we offering crap contracts again, players not liking what Askey is saying, or clubs like Rovers just offering better deals in terms of length or value?

18. greenhousmeadowman

He had two of his best games against them so they remember that. I would have liked him to stay but we must remember last year was his best season by some distance. It may well be the system Hurst played that suited his talents and there is no guarantee he would reproduce that under another manager. Askey seems to have come in for an incredible amount of flak from some people on B and A despite having been at the club only a few weeks. Grateful as we are to Hurst for what he did it was obvious that he had decided to go to Ipswich probably before the play-offs even started. Askey is trying to deal with the fallout from that and get some of his own targets in and we should give him time to make an impact. Hurst has shown that we can be competitive in this league given the right sort of management.

19. Zenfootball2

i hope after they come back from spain we will have signed more players otherwise we will be playing a pre season game with key players missing

20. Matster

Forum Moderator

Sounds promising