1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Should the club sell Ronaldo?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cytrax, Jul 2, 2022.

?

Should the club sell Ronaldo?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

"The fans are always right," said Portugal captain Ronaldo. "They should know the truth. The players want the best for the club. I want the best for the club. This is why I came to Manchester United, this is why I love this club.​

"You have some things inside the club which don't help Manchester reach the top level like City, Liverpool and even now Arsenal.

"It's complicated. It's difficult. It's hard."​

We made a grave mistake letting this a’hole stay in the summer. He’s now playing mind games by using every fans’ favourite monster in the Glazers to divert attention from his own complete lack of regard for the club he claims so much love for.

I’m glad the World Cup break is coming to stop this from disrupting the team.

Diego likes this.
  2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

The man just can't accept that he is no longer at his peak.
    He has now finished his life at OT and given the total lack of interest in him during the summer maybe even finished his career (at least at top level).

cytrax likes this.
  3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Doubt it.

It's like any job, if you're dismissed for a breach of contract, or for misconduct, then you can be sacked.

They don't then have to pay him.

As soon as he's slating the manager in the way he has, he has to be in breach of contract unless that contract states 'I can slate the manager and club with impunity', which I would very much doubt even he has that clause.

4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

I wonder whether he does want to get sacked. That way he could go an interested club without a fee. He could retire post WC or if he wants to play on, he could go to a Saudi team for the lucre or return to Sporting in Portugal for less but then would any competitive team take such a currently non productive liability?

5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It's got to be his ultimate aim, to leave. He doesn't need the money, the club should terminate his contract immediately I'd say. Where he ends up is immaterial, who cares.

Like I said when it broke, from a United perspective its at least been well timed, it's not during the season with the **** actually sat right there in the dressing room.
    Everyone has gone to the world cup so the dust will have settled when the they all come back, with him not then there.

He says a lot of stuff that we all know and all agree with, but it does not erase the other things he has said about the manager. Which is unacceptable, and the support will not forgive him for, how ever many times he says he loves us.

**** him, quite frankly. He's done.

cytrax and glazerfodder like this.
  6. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

He should be sacked for breach of contract and bringing the club into disrepute. To have him stay at the club beyond the world cup, even if he is training with the over 8's, he will remain a festering sore for ETH. Every presser will be about CR, every column inch will be about CR - all of it (as with the excellent result against Fulham) constantly overshadowing the manager and the team's collective efforts.

If we sack him we save £2m a month in wages to spend on a new striker, perhaps someone who comes to prominence in the WC, perhaps someone else, but at least we can offer top dollar wages to whoever it is and still be in profit..

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    cytrax likes this.
  7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Anybody watching it btw?

I'd rather nail my bollocks to a plank.

cytrax likes this.
  8. glazerfodder

No, I'm having my testicles waxed ahead of the World Cup - I need to look my best

cytrax likes this.
  9. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Manchester United ‘cut my legs’ and stopped me shining – Cristiano Ronaldo​

At least no one was cutting off your legs.

glazerfodder likes this.
  10. glazerfodder

Part of me thinks that a lot of what Ronaldo wanted to say has been lost in translation, and part of me thinks that he has been hung out to dry by Piers Morgan who has played on that language gap (and selective editing) and fed CR leading questions (which PM then went on to qualify in his own words). But at the end of the day, when you are being paid £2m a month to play football, you play football on the manager's terms or not at all.

That wasn't as 'explosive' as it was trailed in the media, certainly over-hyped, but there is clearly a disconnect between ETH, the hierarchy at the club and Ronaldo. Is what he said so defamatory as to warrant the sack, I doubt it. Was what he said disrespectful and ill-judged, certainly. I doubt there is sufficient legal grounds to sack him so the best thing is a mutual parting of the ways. A sad end to a great career, a sad way to see a club favourite leave, but he has to go.

11. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

F him! That hefty contract needs to be terminated!

Every sentence that he spews suggests that he has a deeply overinflated sense of himself which is detached from reality. It is a clear indication that he is mentally struggling with his declining impact on the field. He can’t cope with it because he simply has no grace to cut himself some slack. A mature player would have understood that his presence is enough to inspire others without being the center of attention. But sadly he still thinks that he is 29 years old with the world revolving around his boots. Reminds me of Yaya Toure.

What a fkin moron!

12. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

God I pray Piers Morgan dies a painful death or his who family get whiped off the planet, can't believe he gets airtime after all the phone hacking and fake pictures of the war plus all the pedos he used to hang out with.

glazerfodder likes this.
  13. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

This is not Piers Morgan’s doing. There are men like him everywhere who love taking advantage of men like Ronaldo that are largely driven by ego. CR clearly didn’t take any responsibilities for his own inadequacies this season. He blamed everyone but himself. Blaming Piers Morgan only serves to absolve Ronaldo.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    Diego likes this.
  14. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

As I suspected, it is not straight forward to terminate CR’s contract. I also suspect that he consulted with his legal team before doing that appalling interview. Otherwise, he could have just triggered contract termination himself which means the club wouldn’t have to compensate him. But he clearly wants some money, and still be able to leave in the next transfer window right after the World Cup.

Very cynically calculated!

15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Cristiano Ronaldo: Manchester Utd explore legal action to force player's exit - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63676465

Well it looks like they'll try to find way anyway.

He's not coming back after the world cup, at least that's obvious. He doesn't want to, United don't want him back. A conclusion will be found.

Be interesting to see who will employ him, if anyone.

A lot of the stuff he said in the interview was bang on but he burned his bridges by saying he nearly joined City. He can **** off for that alone.

cytrax likes this.
  16. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It is easy for anyone with high leverage as Ronaldo to run to the media and conduct an interview under the disguise of telling the truth. That is not what true leaders do!

The purpose of his interview was solely self serving which invalidates his narrative of “telling the truth” by actively trashing the club in public. His act is insidious and should not be given any credence.

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

He's definitely not conducted himself well in all of this, but aren't we going a bit OTT here?

Manchester United is considered to be one of the biggest, most charismatic, and flamboyant clubs in the world. That in part has come from the flawed geniuses who've played for us as much as the consummate professionals. And it's not like somehow Ronaldo has done something the best players in the world to have played for us haven't before.

please log in to view this image

Ronaldo's played his last game. He'll be gone by the time we come back. The end.

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

That last paragraph is the correct summing up.

Instead of any more song and dance, he should be allowed to leave by some mutual way or other and we can forget about him.

19. glazerfodder

CR to leave the club with immediate effect by mutual agreement

20. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Best thing for UTD and CR7