1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Should the club sell Ronaldo?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cytrax, Jul 2, 2022.

?

Should the club sell Ronaldo?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Apparently there is 25% pay cut across the squad. I don’t know how true that is. But if that’s why he wants to leave, then he better hurry up to get the next big contract. He certainly hasn’t made enough in his career.

Either way, as glazerfodder mentioned again, he’s not under a hole. He has social media there and a fully fledged team. His silence at this point is far more of a confirmation of all the stories than anything he could say at this point.

I don’t hate the guy for looking to leave. I really don’t! I just think he could have better navigated this and not further disrupt a fragile team that has lost the summer thinking he would be here for the season.

2. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

The more you think about it the more one realises that Ronaldo leaving would be symbolic of the new start under TenHag. There would be no bigger sign that this is a completely fresh start for the team without the 2 biggest earners. New system, new manager and new blood.

cytrax likes this.
  3. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

The club just needs to do the right thing at this point in time and let him go. The negatives of having him in the team outweighs the positives at this point in time.

4. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Cristiano Ronaldo Wants To Leave Manchester United Despite Conversation With Erik Ten Hag

Wants to leave but there are no serious offers for him. Reminds me of Pogba saga.

5. oozkan

oozkan Member

I think Manu stuck with him and he stuck with Manu. It was a bad decision to take him back, romance of old days fooled fans. Or may be club was expecting Leo to end up on blue side of city, so that they can capitalize rivalry of both players and teams.

6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

It was Woodward that bought him not the fans, that said i think the fans were quite happy with his 18 goals in a shambles of a team.

glazerfodder likes this.
  7. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

would Sir Alex had kept a player he don't want to stay ? highly doubt it
    is not good for club moral to have someone like that in dressing room and sending wrong signal to other players that is ok to treat club like shat

8. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

Woodward bought him for selling shirts and marketing tbh

Diego likes this.
  9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Welcome back @Shwan71 , how you doing you mad French man?

Still hhh-ing at everything?

Diego likes this.
  10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

@Treble you’ve mentioned a number of times that we shouldn’t be talking about Ronaldo. Your perspective is that we just need to focus on a CM.

It is now being widely reported that many in the squad want him out. As much as we may want to dismiss it as just gossip, the notion is completely understandable. It doesn’t matter what players you bring in, it can all be undo with lack of unity within the squad due one person that thinks they are better than everyone else. In my opinion and evidently, I must add, Ronaldo has done as much damage to the club going into this season as our lack of general squad reinforcement.

Can that negativity be reversed? Of course! He could come out and issue an unreserved apology to his teammates, the club, and fans. Effectively acknowledge that he was being a selfish knt! Without that, this will hang over the club all season if he stays.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    glazerfodder likes this.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

For almost 20 years, from the moment he arrived, every ABU **** in the media and rival fan has taken every opportunity to paint the guy as the pantomime villain. I can understand that, it's par for the course from our rivals and the media because we are Manchester United, but what I've always found tragic is that sections of our own fans have been duped by it throughout.

All I ever judge ANY of our players by, is how they perform on the pitch. THAT is all.

And he's rarely if ever let the club down in that regard.

While he remains at the club we are lucky to have him. If he leaves he'll do so with my thanks and my blessing.

Viva Ronaldo.

Keep the red flag flying high <ok>

Diego and Chief like this.
  12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Just waiting for someone to say he intimidates the likes of Rashford and makes him play ****e and it's definitely

tenor (1).gif

time.

#blameronaldo

Diego likes this.
  13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yeh I mean the bloke's only the first on the training ground and the last to leave, dedicates his whole time to his profession, loves the game, no stupid distractions, no stupid social media vids, and on top of that happens to be one of the best to play the game....

but yeh he's a terrible influence on the others.

Diego likes this.
  14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

But some journo's "have heard" and "it's been said" so all the **** must be true.

I remember when he really wanted out to RM, he wasn't shy of speaking to the press then and in actual quotes said he was being treated like a slave.
    If the man was playing up and really wanted away you would know it for sure.

Treble likes this.
  15. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Tbh mate I honestly don't know what he wants, nobody does and that's the point.

So what's the problem here? Firstly it's just more media bullshit with no quotes no names.

Anyway, he's probably fcked off at the lazy arses in that squad and maybe that's what they don't like?

Diego likes this.
  16. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I hope you’re now following the “media bs” fully to know that it looks like he will be let go before the window closes. It is absolutely necessary before this squad can move forward.

The bigger challenge for Ronaldo is finding suitors. I very much doubt that he will be getting one without a massive pay cut which I don’t think he cares for anyway.

17. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

More media stuff:

Ronaldo's former United team-mate Gary Neville said on social media: "Why does the greatest player of all time (in my opinion) have to wait two weeks to tell Manchester United fans the truth?

"Stand up now and speak. The club is in crisis and it needs leaders to lead. He's the only one who can grab this situation by the scruff of the neck!"​

This point by Neville is what we’ve been saying all along. Ronaldo is waiting for his grand interview to tell fans the “truth”. This is exactly a demonstration of self before club that I’ve been pointing to. Why do we continue to accept that he isn’t a prime problem for the team when he couldn’t even take the time to address the issue head on?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    glazerfodder likes this.
  18. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Finally the legend clown is bringing out his interview. I actually thought we had a turnaround on the matter. I was sadly wrong. Hopefully Ronaldo has played his last game for the club but he’s too much of a coward to tell the club to stop paying him the hefty salary. He wants the club to be the one to break the contract so that he can get a nice chunky payoff that he clearly doesn’t already have in abundance.

Why does this matter? It matters because the distraction that Ronaldo became in July had a poor knock on effect on the whole preparation by a new manager. But it can also be seen as a blessing in disguise as it allowed ETH to put the marker down on who the boss is. Eventually when we get rid of Ronaldo who is ego consumed, we can look forward to better team-first attitude from all the players under ETH.

glazerfodder likes this.
  19. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I don't see why he should he paid off, he should be sacked.

Diego likes this.
  20. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I think the club will have to pay off his contract or at least come to some sort of agreement if they choose to sack him.