1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Should the club sell Ronaldo?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cytrax, Jul 2, 2022.

?

Should the club sell Ronaldo?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Why is it so strange? So because he scored 24 goals, it means he earned the right to say that the club that lacks ambitions? Didn’t he get the beautiful contract to do his job and fkin score goals? He was also involved in various tantrums during the season. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not suggesting that it is his fault that we finished sixth, but coming out with CL nonsense is antithesis of being a team player.

What you’re doing here is panhandling his ego.

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

This is getting surreal.

You two do realise he's not saying he doesn't want to help the club be successful? You do realise he actually wants the opposite? His whole point is that the club (in his eyes) lacks the ambition to do it.

He's not going to do it on his own is he? Last season has proved that. And if he feels the club is not doing enough to change that, and wants to leave then that's fair enough. That's how he feels. He's 37 years old, time is not on his side and he believes he can contribute to a side which has higher ambition. Whether you agree with him or not I really don't see what the anger is about tbh.

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I'm personally certainly not angry about it. Said at the time, on this thread or the other, I'm easy either way.

He ultimately needs replacing anyway as I think this one could be his last season of real use, so it just brings things forward.

Ten Hag nees to now get his targets over the line and, if he can't add a striker to that this window, make use of Rashford and Martial till January window.

Ronaldo can do what he wants, it's all perfectly understandable from his point of virew, if a little bit disappointing ultimately. Could be doing us a favour in the longer term.

cytrax, Christiansmith and Treble like this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Btw forgot to mention, not just Ronaldo and Rooney, but Best also called for more ambition from the club before he eventually left.

It happens, and it seems it's from our best players over the years. Nowt to get worked up about.

5. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Even though Ten Hag may not shed lots of tears if CR left, I think the club should still play hard ball. Utd shouldn’t just give him away just because he wants to **** off to a CL club. Now is the time to say to prospective buyers pay our asking price or **** off.

6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Oh yeah, completely agree with this. He's under contract so they should be looking for, what, £20 million?

Any idea that he just walks away with our goodwill and best wishes is nonesense.

Christiansmith likes this.
  7. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Stop it already!! He’s a fkin baby! You’re rationalizing nonsense.

He knew three months ago that there wouldn’t be CL football. He could have let the club know then. Coming out with five weeks before the session starts cements the fact that he only cares about one thing… himself!!

As many have said, I don’t think it matters that much on a whole. I see Ronaldo leaving more as an opportunity. And if he stays, the team shouldn’t be created to simply accommodate him. We need to look ahead and peddling to Ronaldo will be the wrong approach for the long term rebuild.

glazerfodder likes this.
  8. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

**** me, we actually agree on something.......

Chief and cytrax like this.
  9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Except I never mentioned CL. That's what you lot have banged on about.

All I've ever said is that maybe he's looked at events recently and feels the club lacks ambition. And seeing as many on here have been unhappy with the way we've conducted business I thought ppl might understand even if they disagree with him.

Anyway, seeing as we've all but completed two transfers today, maybe he sees it differently now, who knows.

See ^^^^^^^^^ no mention of CL.

10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I’m sure that any player in the world will take £26m per year from a team whose worst year in recent history is coming 6th in the league. New manager in, new rebuild starting, isn’t that perfect time to be the leader?

I get it that the club is currently disappointed. But if I were in Ronaldo’s shoes with one year done on a two year contract, I would seek to be part of the solution and not make it all about my ambitions. I adore Ronaldo, but it is pure nonsense to suggest that he deserves better than the team, his team, achieved based on all that’s already been said in this thread.

glazerfodder likes this.

11. glazerfodder

Whatever the outcome - I cannot forgive him for dropping this in July when he knew in April that we were out of the CL reckoning. To leave the new manager up **** creek without a paddle in the middle of the window is, for me, unforgivable. Had he made it known we could have upped the ante for some of the decent strikers that were available, particularly as we had so much to offer in terms of wages once we unloaded CR from the books. EtH needs to get rid regardless otherwise he will become an even more destabilising influence. His legacy has gone.

Christiansmith and cytrax like this.
  12. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

i am starting to think like you. Now he is playing the usual distasteful game to get his wish. He’s very likely to pull out of preseason. His presence in the dressing room already difficult for others will be impossible if he is kept against his will. Better get rid and with enough money to get a decent replacement. I agree that he should have made his wishes clear at the end of the season.

His position is almost untenable at the club. Let’s hold an auction and get the best price possible.

cytrax and glazerfodder like this.
  13. glazerfodder

He was here in Menorca just the other week. Had I known I would have walked up to his table and kicked him in the bollocks to see how he liked it.

EDIT - I wouldn't have, not many would as his two bodyguard twins are ****ing massive and are quite aggressive.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    cytrax likes this.
  14. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

“Piers Morgan claims Cristiano Ronaldo wants to quit Manchester United because of 'cocky, lazy younger players whose egos, unlike his, are writing cheques their performances don't cash'”

Idiots like Piers have a megaphone to scream now. Worst part is that the statement above has nothing to do with the new setup and what ETH is trying to build.

This is such a useless and completely irrelevant distraction. He’s dragging the club into disrepute solely driven by his ego.

My bet is that we would have gone all out to get Darwin had he made his wish known right after the last game. Extremely fkin selfish and it’s all about his records.

We need to get rid of him sharpish!

glazerfodder likes this.
  15. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think you lot are making up your own narrative and winding yourselves up in the process.

Has the season started? Feels like it already <laugh>

Diego likes this.
  16. glazerfodder

The bottom line is that if CR wanted to shut this conversation down he has a global presence on social media and could end this in a second. By virtue of the fact that he hasn't, it is reasonable to accept that the statements attributed to him with regard our club are true, and that being the case, he is a world class **** for dropping EtH in the **** at this stage of the window.

cytrax likes this.
  17. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I'm actually not sure why Treble is failing to see the ramifications of CR's last minute throw in of the towel.

glazerfodder likes this.
  18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Which statements are these then?

The fact that he wants to leave... yeh possibly. But that may be because he's acting professionally and keeping it within the club.

The stuff you lot seem to have bought into about wanting CL footy? Why should he entertain that if it's not true? Ridiculous logic imo.

19. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I'd like an actual statement from him.

For all the 'he owes us this/he owes us nothing' statements, what he does really owe us is an actual
    statement.

I'm inclined to think and agree that until it comes form the horse's mouth a lot of it is media conjecture.

The two main issues he allegedly has don't ring true;

No CL football - well he knew that in March ffs.

No ambition - window only just open, United have clear targets. How is that not showing ambition?
    (and perhaps one or two of those targets fancied a season learning from Ronaldo, so thanks for that spanner in the works like)

If either of those do turn out to be true, and he's chucked in the towel at this crucial stage of close season then yeah, the bloke is a self centred ****.

The third, which is just Piers Morgan noise, is based on the previous regime.

Have people not notived that these people are no longer in charge and that the players he refers to have left?

Things will be different.

20. glazerfodder

Well, in simple terms, the story has global traction - every country is reporting it as factual news. If it isn't true, why hasn't CR put a one line post on social media and shut down all the noise in an instant..
    He was here in Menorca on holiday until the other day, I saw him and his family - they all looked fine and dandy yet he is citing family reasons not to re join the rest of the squad at Carrington - it's bollocks, He is training each day at the national team centre in Lisbon so all he's doing is hiding away like a ****ing coward playing for time so Mendes can scramble a deal together. He hasn't even had the balls to sit face to face with EtH and air his issues/discuss the future. He has no idea what EtH has planned, what his aspirations are - this is all about CR and his ego - nothing else. We're not good enough for him any more - we got him to the top of the heap and now he wants to **** on us from on high. ,

cytrax likes this.