1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Should Nick start shopping on the continent?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Craigo, Feb 7, 2012.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I knew it was an attempt at humour really.

2. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Interested you should mention humour. I think the team's poor performance against Donny was probably because of a lack of banter within the camp. Hence the need for McShane.

You know it makes sense.

3. mussiesredhat

mussiesredhat Active Member

hopefully Nick will have a playing surface worthy of continuing his philosophy. I fear the Circle may soon resemble The Baseball Ground of the 70's & early 80's. It's obviously an idle threat, but imagine Rovers chewing the surface every other week as well!

4. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

It's a bit harsh to call them 'bastards' isnt it? All either of them has ever done is give 100% for HCAFC. The fact that they arent particularly good footballers isnt their fault, it's the manager's fault for signing them.

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I call people I like bastards, if I didn't like them, I'd have called them talentless ****s. <ok>

6. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

belaid was ok, pusic looked decent enough, his injury meant we didn't get a look at him and the management didn't want to risk the wait. Loads of players on the continent and beyond, but at our level the biggest problem is work permits. A good example of a foreign player doing well would be guly do Prado at Southampton. Loaned him from Fiorentina then bought him.

Im sure there are plenty of serie a or ligue 1 players we could loan, but the fee involved would mean the player has to really stand out.

7. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Immobile from Juve / Genoa part ownership. He'll be one of the stars of world football in the next 5 years.

8. robingram02

robingram02 Well-Known Member

Are you sure he can get around the pitch?

9. merchantman5

merchantman5 Well-Known Member

About on a par with our strikers then

10. merchantman5

merchantman5 Well-Known Member

When the **** are we going to put this excuse to bed for poor performances. It is not like the old days where the kickers used to dig ****ing holes in the ground. The ground staff have said that the rugby does not damage the pitch anymore than the football. A music concert which everyone seems in favour of having would **** it up more, and as I have said before there is more chance of hell freezing over than HKR playing at the KC

11. mussiesredhat

mussiesredhat Active Member

you seem like a rugby fan with a persecution complex. If it was 3 (or 2) football teams playing on the surface, it would be two much to maintain a quality surface. My point is simply that two (or possibly 3) games of anything every two weeks plus 2 concerts per year will be too much to retain a 'carpet' of a playing surface!

Specifically with regard to my HKR comments, the words 'idle' and 'threat' are a give-away!

12. mostynthecat

mostynthecat Active Member

i thought the way to win matches, was pace, power, possession and converting the chances in front of goal - not banter. In terms of players we sign - as long as they are not mercanaries (we've had too many of those in the past) and can improve what we have got in terms of the squad, and don't bankrupt the club in terms of transfer fees. So probably looking abroad at say Belgium, Austria - countries where we can get a bargain is the way to go.

13. westhulltiger

westhulltiger Active Member

Pretty sure we will have a European scout?

14. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

Hope he keeps an eye on Ghilas. Well someone has to.