1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Should Leeds Utd be punished over Spy Gate?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 17, 2019.

?

What punishment if any should Leeds Utd receive over Spygate? (2 VOTES EACH)

Poll closed Jan 20, 2019.
  1. 1-3 points deduction

1.1%
  2. 3-7 points reduction

2.3%
  3. 7-15 points reduction

12.4%
  4. Hefty fine

10.7%
  5. Touchline ban for Bielsa

5.6%
  6. Legal action to be taken by rest of the Championship

4.0%
  7. Bielsa broke no rules - no punishment

58.2%
  8. Frank Lampard to receive a good kicking for sh*t stiring!!!

38.4%
  9. Death to anything LUFC

6.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

That was not aimed at you Shako!
    The welsh one from last night.
    Was supposed to be a joke,anyway.

Irishshako likes this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Bit like Leeds at the moment unfortunately

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  3. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<laugh> I know Este.........<laugh>

4. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Very brief statement from our Stuart Webber, our sporting
    director on NCFC's stance on the 'Spygate' saga.
    Fair enough, really.

wasper and Ringo Lion like this.
  5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Fair enough. No problem with that

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  6. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Absolutely no problem with that.

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  7. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

@brb - didn't get on here last night so haven't seen your later posts on "Turkgate" until now.

I realise you had no knowledge of the PM's between me and Elland on the subject - the mattter was already resolved between us and the poster, and he was banned from the Leed's board.

I've got no problem with offensive posts from my members being deleted and the poster warned and even banned for that particular forum - he deserved it. His actions were purley on the Leeds forum and removing him from there was enough. The whole site ban prevents him posting on his own forum where he has been no problem at all.

There was also no need for Resurgan squealing with apparent delight in doing it - that really pissed me hence my rant against him. FFS, WTF was that all about - just ban the bloke don't revel in it.

No doubt Turk brought it on himself with his subject matter but there you go, it's done and I got caught in the crossfire - so we move on. <ok>

8. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Nope, not fair enough.

Bielsa has been totally up front about what he did, why he did it, and what he gains from it compared to the other 360 hours of input to his assessments. He's told you all exactly. And he did the same when called up to the beaks too.

An analogy, based on the above:

You get stopped for speeding. Your employers don't like you. They want to put a case together to sack you. So they ask the police to interrogate you and get details of every time you've dropped litter, pee'd outside the pub, sworn in public, used un-PC hate terms, nicked a packet of chewing gum as a kid, nicked a towel or soap from a hotel, found a tenner in the street & not handed it in ..... The list is endless.

That's how stupid it is. He's confessed to one specific behaviour. And you want him to confess to lots more? No-one, but no-one, would say another word on this for fear of incriminating themselves. Except for Bielsa, who is a man of integrity, openness & transparency. That's exactly why he's been targeted, no matter how you hope to dress it up. It's a way to get at Leeds United & unsettle them.

Perhaps all of the clubs should write to the EFL about the pink away dressing rooms. And insist that the beaks haul you up to see what other confessions they can drag out of you. Perhaps you've bugged the dressing rooms, bribed an employee, put something in the water, removed the non-slip tiles & replaced them with slippery ones, left sharp edges all over the place, temporarily blocked the sewage pipes, put in unnecessarily loud extractor fans that won't go off ..... Do you begin to get the picture of how ridiculous your clubs actions have been in concert with the others. Oh no, that would be a confession, wouldn't it, and no-one does that. Apart from Bielsa.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  9. lifecheshirewhite

Very true,the EFL should ask Norwich,who told them they could get an advantage by painting the dressing room pink ? have they paid for this information ?what other cheating tips were they given ? and what other methods have Norwich used ?how long have they been doing under handed things etc.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  10. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Pretty bizarre analogy to be honest.

Unless done in a work vehicle, or it's part of my contract that I need to inform them, speeding has nothing to do with my job and I've no need to inform my employer it even happened. Plus the police wouldn't investigate at the behest of my employer. Even if they did some of the things you mention aren't criminal offences, and the police have no obligation to inform your employer of any of them.

If you're employer was unhappy with you they'd have to investigate themselves and find either some breach of contract or issues based on capability or competence for which there are set rules and procedures.

Same here. If the FA or EFL aren't happy with Leeds they need to show rule-breaking with evidence to back it up. If Leeds or Bielsa want to provide it they can, if they are required to do so then the request needs to be specific and what the NCFC guy is talking about is a fishing expedition. It's fair enugh for him to say he wants it but unless Leeds are required to provide it then I agree very much that they should not (the bit i underlined). Bielsa did create this situation himself though so I don't have much sympathy.

11. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

You say Bielsa created this, If there is no rule how come Bielsa has created all this trouble.
    The person who created all this was Lampard and all the other clubs who jumper on the bandwagon for personal gain.
    O' and all the useless pundits who wanted to get themselves noticed

12. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

To a relative outsider (which I am really) then unless I've missed something (very possible) the aftermath of the initial "incident" was Lampard saying that the spy had nothing to do with his teams loss (and he then seemed to want to hear no more of Spygate and looked visibly bored by questions of it) and Bielsa holding an audience of reporters to go through a powerpoint presentation of what they do. He didn't exactly look to keep his mouth shut and let the situation die down, he poured fuel on the fire.

I totally agree about the pundits, they look to sell opinions and jump on anything they can. What gain has Lampard got out of this though? Not sure how other clubs have gained from this, feels like a bit of paranoia from Leeds fans that one. It's an interesting situation but not a particularly important one - storm in a teacup. The fine kind of represents that.

13. Whitejock

Go back & check this out if you don't believe me ....

Pampard lied & defamed the 'spy'.

* He insisted that their training had been disrupted by the police being onsite. Yet the Police confirmed by tweet that at no time were they onsite
    * He insisted that the 'spy' was hiding in the trees & was carrying wire cutters. Yet the Police confirmed by tweet that as the 'spy' was on the public footpath, and as no offence had been committed, there was no reason to search him & indeed he wasn't searched.
    * Despite this clarification from the Police, Pampard continued to make these totally unfounded allegations.

Pampard is clearly guilty of disrespect to our club. This is directly in contravention of the Championship Charter that was used by the 11 clubs to complain about Leeds' behaviour. I didn't see them all rushing to sign a letter about Pampard's behaviour. Is it any wonder that we might seem a little paranoid?

Bielsa on the other hand, displayed his absolute honesty & integrity by trying to make it clear how little he gained from such a practice, and how all of our preparation was complete & not able to be changed with any critical information gleaned at that stage. I'm looking forward to Pampard calling a press conference to apologise for the defamation & lies he spouted, but I'm not holding my breath.

14. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

FollowMe&LeedsUnited Well-Known Member

Lampard lied repeatedly about what happened and stoked the fire. I would much rather have Bielsa with his honesty than a sly lying s**t. Lampard should be hauled up for bringing the game into disrepute with his lies as well as all the other teams who wrote their letters who were looking for us to lose points. Having followed Leeds United for over 50 years I have seen more injustices against us throughout this time and I'm sick to death of the EFL and others including referees, who now don't even try to hide their blatant hatred and disregard for us and treat us differently with one rule for us and one rule for everyone else. Am I bitter? Too damn right I am!

15. Whitejock

OMG!!! See what you've done now, @haslam? You've made our Heidi swear! That's comparable to Mother Theresa having a dump in the middle of the church! You should be ashamed of yourself! <whistle>

16. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

Ha ha sorry!

Whitejock likes this.
  17. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I'll have a look back, I wasn't aware that Lampard had lied or over elaborated. A lot of fans of my club complain about us being treated unfairly and I always take it with a pinch of salt to be honest, I don't think there's a set of fans out there who think they draw the long straw.

18. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

Believe me when I say we have suffered more injustices than most. Having been in both Salonika in 1973 for the ECWC Final and Paris in 1975 for the European Cup Final and seen us up against bribed referees which was proven and robbed of both cups, they are only a small part of it.

FORZA LEEDS and Jammy 07 like this.
  19. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Haslam, how do you rate Jack Ross?

20. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

We should have told the EFL to **** off, we broke no rules
    people on here who say we should bend over and accept this because we didn't get a points deduction and can now concentrate on getting promotion should think on, lets see how many penalties are awarded against us, how many of our players get sent off from now until the end of the season, the bent bastards aren't finished with us yet