1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Should Hanging be re-instated!

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Norwayhornet, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh yes! Silly me...how could i forget NZ?! Pudently.png

2. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

Hi OFH, we had a chat a while back about what part of France you were from...

I live in England but racked up a huge amount of bank debt whilst studying due to not being allowed a student loan (stupid rules over not going to school here). I'm having to be really careful with my finances, and as much as I'd love the odd trip up to Watford, it'll have to wait until things are a bit more stable. I'm thinking about meeting my Uncle and Grandfather for a game or 2 next year, will wait and see!

On the TV side of things, I get to see highlights but they rarely last more than a minute, and it's hard to judge a player's/team's performance on such a short amount of footage. Saw the QPR game on telly though, hadn't ever seen us play that comfortably in a league game!?!

All the youngsters look promising and Malky is doing the right thing by not rushing them into the first team too quickly. As things are they will slot smoothly into the positions that become vacant through player sales/injuries, and they know that a good performance will keep them in the side for a run of games. Yet another positive side to having Malky as a manager <ok>

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Toby - it is good to have another reasoned person here debating - and yes in hindsight my comment was a cheap shot - as opposed to bullying. Roo is actually a good bloke and has posted some intelligent comments and I feel sure he is well valued here

Don't let your lack of matches hold you back - for nearly 40 years I got to go to the Vic but then retired to West Wales so it is no longer very easy but I love hearing what others say about matches and enjoy these threads.

4. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

Leo, sorry if bullying was a bit strong, it was just the nature of the situation made it a 1 vs all and that wasn't fair on roo (even if his remark was aggressive). All done now, hope I didn't cause any misunderstandings? <ok>

I've been too busy to justify spending time on here chatting, but my life is more sorted now so will be on more often, with my luck it has to be at the end of the season...

Next season should be good unless Baz and co decide to sell everyone and do a runner, still not convinced by anything they're said or promise to do...

5. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Toby..it is coming back to me.. you lived out here. Sorry, but I have been asked so many times about where I live that it all becomes a bit of a blur.

Maybe it is time to do another map. ;)

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

OFH - good point _- I will mention that to Ak - think it was him on 606 - on the NEst thread

7. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Hello Toby I`m usually reliant on the match threads in here for most games and some streams as and when available!
    Folk from either set of fans tend to advertise various sites! the qpr game was my first home game for a very long time!
    I understand the financial restrictions you are operating under!(a bit like a certain footy team we all love)
    Your views and opinions are just as valid as those held by season ticket holders!

8. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

Hi Norway, I know how much you like to post on this site, you must have nearly half all the posts for Watford :)

My main problem is not being able to watch full games. Rating a player is tricky on highlights, especially BBC ones which barely even show the build up to a goal. I always follow match threads and radio commentary and I'm always grateful for any updates, but it doesn't compare to following the whole game.

Shame the QPR game didn't go to plan, seeing Warnock look smug makes me feel a bit ill...

9. Norwayhornet

Shame the QPR game didn't go to plan, seeing Warnock look smug makes me feel a bit ill.

I know what you mean ,plus he didnt help the crowd trouble at the end by taking the qpr fans infront of the Vic road end of the lower rous!
    and anyway Toby I`m quite a talkative fellow hence the number of posts :)

10. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

Hi guys and ms guy!

Overworked, knackered and bored late night Ranger here. Dropped in looking for an off-piste type read on a long thread as only Watford seem capable of providing.

We seem to have lost the thread half way through though. Shame. Thought things would warm up with the hang the royals provocation. Sadly no one picked up on it for or against (although it beats me what you'd hang them for nowadays... too much nauseating exposure in the Express or Mail perhaps!).

You appear not to agree with hanging anyway - and absolutely detest bullying! Personally I think it's okay to come in firing from the hip, provided you're willing to get bundled! That's not bullying that's just good old fashioned cause and effect!

Second to lastly, this site needs more moderators in the Leo mould: dutiful and sensitive at the same time. Credit to ya!

Lastly: just to annoy younger persons from central locations, I'll be putting up a new debating thread for OAPs in a bit!

11. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My word Brixton R, you do keep some odd hours. What can you do that overworks you, yet leaves you with enough strength to post in the middle of the night?

Our threads do have the habit of evolving, they don't get lost, they simply become more rounded. Something to do perhaps with people on here being able to see grey as well as black and white.

I will await you new thread with interest. Although not from a central location I can get annoyed. ;)

12. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Brixton - stop it you're making me blush :emoticon-0111-blush

I like the OAPs idea - in fact I think OFH should start his own group for it - he would get extra points :)

13. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Then appearances must be deceptive! I for one am all for it - or, to be more precise, capital punishment - am not too worried about the method utilised.

A debating thread for OAPs? A clear case of age discrimination methinks :biggrin: Am wondering how you will police it, me not personally being in receipt of, or eligible for, an OAP!

14. Norwayhornet

Inverse ageism <laugh>