1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Short term plan

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by The IncREDibles, Jun 1, 2012.

1. The IncREDibles

The IncREDibles Well-Known Member

Everyone keeps going on about Rodgers' footballing philosophy and I appreciate as much as anyone that we need a long term plan, and in those terms Rodgers does seem to be making the right noises.

What bothers me at the moment is what our short term plans will be. Rome wasn't built in a day so it's clear that it'll take time for us to play in the manner of a typical Brendan Rodgers team, but the first six months are gonna be really difficult because, when all is said and done, managers are judged on results, so do you think that Rodgers will try and get the best out of what he already has (plus a few new faces) or do you think he will try and implement his own philosophy straight away and hope that the players adapt to it?

I ask this because I remember AVB at Chelsea. You could see what he was trying to do at Chelsea in terms of implementing a philosophy but he just didn't have the players to carry out said tactics effectively (e.g defence keeping a high line) and I also wonder If Rodgers is the sort of manager that will adapt his style around the players he has at his disposal (at least at first) or will he jump straight into getting the players to adapt to his style?

2. redconn

redconn Active Member

we played attacking, passing possession football under Kenny. We just forgot to finish all the sitters it produced.

Rodgers is just a continuation of the same style but with the bedding in year already out of the way.

It's not like Rafa taking a few years to turn us into a 4-2-3-1 side from 4-4-2 or Roy trying to change a 4-2-3-1 possession side into a park the bus and hoof, defensively rigid 4-4-2.

We're already on the path to the Rodgers way of playing and the squad will like it.