1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Shopping list

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Captain Morgan, May 26, 2018.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'd be very happy with that, although it would be good to also get a centre back with Premier League experience, and I wouldn't want Ream to be the one who drops out of the starting line up. Flint (or another new CB signing) might have to be patient for their chance in the starting line up.

2. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Flint is right footed, yes?

3. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

4. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Bettinelli is a good goalkeeper. But would Jack Butland be a goalkeeper we could go in for ?

According to Bristol fans Flint is good but his passing and control is poor.

5. Captain Morgan

Butland would be a brilliant signing. To be honest I discounted him as I suspect he'll move to someone bigger than us. There were rumours linking him with Liverpool even before Karius had his Champions League nightmare.

That's interesting about Flint. If it's true it might make me think again about him, given Jokanovic's preferred style of play.

6. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Funnily enough I was about to post something to the effect that Flint wouldn't fit in with our style of playing from the back - for just those reasons.

7. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Just looked at Flints passing accuracy on squawka and it comes as 74% (not bad) as our Center backs are averaging (80-90%) with our short passing game.
    He got 7 goals in 37 apps and created chances. I'd expect him to be a bonus on defending and attacking corners.

8. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I think Bettinelli deserves a chance. Besides, Butland will cost c£35m and I think we need to focus our funds in other areas.

With centre backs, I think there is a danger in expecting every defender to be Alessandro Nesta. Sometimes it is better to have someone who can defend first and foremost rather than someone who is an excellent ball player. Ream can take the ball forward if needed - I would rather have someone like Flint than another season of Kalas.

9. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

I’m a big Betts fan and think he deserves a chance next season, to be honest we probably would have wanted a centre back and a right winger anyway plus 6 loanees have returned so we are looking at bringing in 8 players which could cost £60 odd million!

A must is a centre forward, left back, centre back and right wing!

Players from the relegated clubs I would consider are Joe Allen, Shaquari, Diouf, Chadli, Phillips, Rodriguez, Mawson

My wish list - Mitrovic, Targett, Adama Traore, Kalas, Zivkovic, Joe Allen, Lookman, Flint

Players we have been linked to Mitrovic, Smoloev ( Russian captain), Targett, Camara ( Auxerre), Flint

10. Cottager58

L'Equipe are also linking us with 20 year old French midfielder Lamine Fomba. He turned Spurs down in favour of joining Auxerre in 2016

11. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Re;; Stoke have put a figure of 30m on Butland,that probably takes care of that rumour.
    Still Vorm for me, or Krull, - but dont sell Rodek.
    With Spurs reportedly looking at several attacking / /defensive midfielders,this could free
    up Dembele,a possibility ?.

12. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

If he's available, Dembele would be fantastic. However I strongly suspect he'd retire ahead of joining another Premier League team, given his injury problems.

We need a back up to Bettinelli (be that Vorm, Krul or a host of other older keepers), but I would strongly second Ros' opinion that we don't sell Rodak.

13. Cottager58

Back in the EPL we face different rules from the EFL. This little clutch caught my eye:

- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
    - The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
    - Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
    - A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club

The third one is particularly interesting given stories going the rounds (even from Mr Khan Snr?) that we'd sell Sessegnon but loan him back for the season.

14. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Worth noting as well that international loans do not count against that limit, as they are deemed to be short term transfers.

No repeat of our 6 Premier League loanees though!

Cottager58 likes this.
  15. Cookie-6262

Reports that we are interested in Jack Wilshere have surfaced who is out of contract in a month but to be honest I can’t see him leaving Arsenal. Even if he did there would be a lot of teams interested and on a free he would command high wages.

A few reports on twitter suggesting a permanent deal for Targget is close but none from a source I know or trust.

Have read that Shaquri’s release clause is £12 million and he wants to stay in England would love us to sign him!

16. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Please not Wilshere, my most hated player - completely irrational but I cannot stand him - vastly over-rated - or if not has never actually shown his true worth on a regular basis yet because he played for Arsenal was somehow the saviour of England - and way too injury prone, anyway. Signing him would displace my current most disliked player signing - namely one Michael Brown.

2whitestripes likes this.
  17. Cookie-6262

I actually like Wilshere think he is a very good player when fit and would fit in but the when fit is obviously the main concern!

In case people arnt on Twitter I will keep updates of who we have been mentioned with although I know most will be utter rubbish

Gokhan Gonul a Turkish right back from Besiktas although at 33 goes against our recent policy

Also

Matt Phillips from WBA

18. Cottager58

I'm with Fulhaman on Wilshere. Too much of a 'billy big boots'. And, when fit raises further doubts - only played 19 games last season.

Phillips is a decent shout though and reckon he would fill that troublesome right wing spot well. Wee doubt is whether Khan Jnr would be happy paying £8m for a 27 year old.

19. Cottager58

Olly Norwood as a permanent signing seems to be on the cards. The player is certainly keen, having been reported as saying,

"That’s the plan. Hopefully, it can get sorted as soon as possible, I’ll be patient but hopefully we can get it done. It’s a squad game, but to get promoted twice in two seasons I must be doing something right. To be honest, this is the best side I’ve played in by quite a long way."

We did try to get him permanently before but Brighton/Chris Hughton weren't keen; given that they at the time couldn't guarantee staying up. Now they have, the issue may be how much they want as a fee. The 27 year old certainly provided invaluable cover this last season, but not convinced he'd be first on the list as a Premiership midfield signing.

20. Captain Morgan

I've always liked Norwood (I know others aren't as keen). I think he'll be a good squad member for next season. Assuming that there will be a number of brand new signings, having someone who can step in and who already knows our system can only be a good thing. As with this season, he's not likely to be first choice in the 11, but he'll come in handy.