1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Shooooooot.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Enricky., Nov 4, 2012.

1. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I really don't know what it is with us but why do we have no one who can hit the target from outside the box!
    I can't remember too many times in the last couple of seasons where we have scored from outside the box in open play.
    Gerrard used to score several a season but now every time he shoots it seems to get blocked or deflected.
    The only players who are willing to try are Suarez ,Agger and Johnson and even then they are very much 'hit and miss'
    What with our inability to beat the first man at corners and free kicks ,only one striker and no one with a decent radar for where the net is its little wonder we are struggling to score.

2. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

We have **** all in the box when someone goes to make a cross either. Suarez dribbled to the wing and smashed the ball across to the middle of the box and everyone was just stood still about 20 yards watching and not making an effort at all to get into the box. Shelvey's the only one to be honest, and his finishing isn't the best.

Gerrard & Allen are playing on the toes of the centre backs, our wingers are tiny and don't really offer a goal threat and Sahin + Suarez like dropping deep and trying to get on the ball. Not a great recipe for goals.

3. Flappy Flanagan (JK)

Flappy Flanagan (JK) Well-Known Member

I have a name you cannot disagree with.

Stewart Downing.

4. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

He's scored 2 goals this year, both awesome strikes from outside the box <laugh>