1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Shola

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Delusional Full Stop, Aug 11, 2018.

1. the_gateshead_ninja

the_gateshead_ninja Active Member

YES, he kept banging them in against Sunderland.

Heed likes this.
  2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

As did a man in a bra playing for Burton as he sent them down through the trapdoor.

GeordieHalfbreed and RobEllious like this.
  3. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

He's the real Newcastle legend. Get him on SkySports for the Cardiff game!

J. J. McClure likes this.
  4. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

Disappointed with Shola's punditry.
    Whilst I can have some sympathy with a point about not spending way over the top for average players to compete with the biggest income clubs, we should compete to achieve as our income allows.

That's his relationship with the vast majority of our fans almost sure-fire busted.

IMO Out of touch and sold himself out. Shame really. We always gave him more credit than his ability ever deserved.

5. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

So Sky have given airtime to Dennis Wise. His comments more or less mirror those of Shola.

So either both are right, or both are wrong. I'm not inclined to believe 'Wisey' (ironic name or what?), so will have to put this one down as ignorance on the part of Shola. Inexcusable really - it doesn't take much to see/understand what is happening at the club. Ashley's list of defendants include Keith Bishop ("it'll all blow over by September"), Fat Sham, Dennis Wise and Simon Jordan. Shola should have been better than that - I do wonder if some of these people deliberately say 'nice' things to stay on his good side for when Rafa disappears.

For the record, nobody with a brain believes Ashley bought HoS with NUFC profits, he more than likely doesn't take any money out himself but severely hamstrung the football club with mis-management and the influence of horrible corporate ****ers like Justin Barnes.

Nobody questions that we replaced those who went out with equal or better players. Nobody questions whether the squad is better than the threadbare one the was fortunate to claim 10th. What we question is a 13 year old transfer record, a loanee given the No9 shirt, no quality replacement/backup for Perez, Dummett or Yedlin and little/no effort made to explain why we are not investing some of the £160m revenue in football players.

It's not even a horrible question or a difficult one to answer. You could even say "to make it more attractive to the next owner" would be a wonderful soundbyte. It'd probably be a lie, but at least we could believe for a second that Ashley's time is nearly up.

Judge Death likes this.
  6. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Just read Wisey's comments and SkySports really are the official ringpiece/mouthpiece of Mike Ashley. Got me thinking, with regards to Shola, will SkySports have you on if you were to criticise the fat man?

Doesn't excuse Shola 'rarely scores a goal-a' though. The contrast of his comments to Shearer's this weekend says a lot, the fact they were closer to Wisey's than any 'legends' Ive seen says it all.

7. Lord Jonjomort

They got a stack of press for the two official/staged "interviews" they did with Mike, they're not going to pi$$ on those chips anytime soon. The fat wastrel will be back with Sky - but not Keith Downie, I'd wager - in less than a month to give his latest take on things. "I'm all about the people, me. Would the fans rather have a club like Villa, Leeds or Sunderland" he'll cry.

cronemeister likes this.
  8. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

If it gets rid of you ya fat ****bag....aye, every ****ing day of the week. Jog on !!

9. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

I actually haven't seen or read either Shola's or Wise's comments, but surely the story at the moment should be that Rafa has been lied to by Mike Ashley. Which he without doubt has been. The club needs to explain why a very profitable football club (in the last season) has refused to give the manager it promised "every penny", absolutely no transfer budget at all. Him not signing a new contract is not only not an acceptable excuse, it is utter bullshit. If it's because Ashley wants to repay loans, then at least say so rather than treating fans like the enemy and telling them nothing. If it's because he wants to take a dividend after 11 years of ownership, then say so. Because he wants to subsidise the sale of the club or keep the club's budgets ultra lean so we will attract a buyer, then ****ing say so. Something is clearly amiss with club's transfer budget this summer and it needs explaining.

10. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

No one gives two ****ing ****s what this useless bastard has to say.

11. Lord Jonjomort

Dare I say it - I am not dead certain it's Mike. If rumours are true about this £18m failed bid for Maia, added to the considerable list of other rumoured-to-be-failed bids, could it just be that Charnley and possibly mainly Barnes are a couple of idiots way out of their respective depths?

Entirely possible that our negotiating and Barnes' strongarm approach are more to blame than anything.

J. J. McClure and Flash like this.
  12. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Rafa has said if the price goes over a certain amount we won't compete for the player. There are rules there and they are set by Ashley via Barnes. I think Barnes is there to sell the club and day-to-day that means the budgets are set tighter than a nun's blart. There has obviously been no loosening of the restrictions on what wages we offer players either, probably because to sell the club they want it to have tight control on costs.

13. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Possible but the timing is usually a tell. Apparently we put in record bids for players just before ST renewal deadlines. It happens quite a bit.

14. Lord Jonjomort

So its a heady mix of Charnley's nodding dog impression, Barnes' iron fist, Bishop's PR and Ashley's pretend desire to sell.

And they wonder why we complain.

15. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Just plain lying I’d say.
    The lot of them are thick cowboys who think folk haven’t a clue.
    **** me, Stevie Wonder and Andrea Bocelli can both see their lies for what they are.
    A judge even entered the fact that the actively deceive media and fans into the court register ffs.