1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Shocking experience

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wasn't going to write about this, but I feel I must share it now after a few relaxing whiskies this evening.

Away for the week up in Buckinghamshire and a glorious day today so decided to drive down 10 miles or so to Hughenden Manor for a long walk with the 4 dogs - it's an area I've got to know quite well.

This was one time Disraeli's old gaff just outside Wycombe and it's got massive grounds and parklands some of which has been gifted to Wycombe council. Not particulary interested in the Manor itself, but it's got huge swathes of lawns/grasslands with some majestic ancient trees from Giant Redwoods with a base trunk girth of more than 30 feet, through to ancient oaks and other deciduous varieties some of which have been there for 500 years or more courtesy of the Victorians and earlier.

Anyway, I digress.

Was walking along one of the higher paths (sizeable slope in the Hughendon Valley) with various groups of people dotted around on the grass with kids having picnics etc when I became aware of a man lying back in the sun against a felled tree. He was obviously enjoying himself in the sun and he smiled our way as we walked past no more than 20 feet from him.

We carried on past him until I had to turn back to pick up a deposit on the grass from one of the four legged dogs. It was only then when I looked back that I realised the reason for his smile. From the angle off the path you could only see his upper torso because of the felled logs in front of him, but this angle explained all.

Sprawled across his lower body was a young lady with her head going like a jackhammer giving him a good time in the sun to say the least. He rolled his head in my direction and smiled again - I was far more embarrassed than him. I picked up my dog's offerings and gave him the thumbs up and to my amazement he returned it.........<laugh><laugh>

I caught up with and rejoined my entourage who were blissfully unaware of the scene I had witnessed. I was tempted to tell all but decided not to inflame things and risk a similar fate out in the open - chance would be a fine thing!!...........<laugh>

Barry Tiger, irishbluebird and clingo like this.
  2. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

Ah, not got any visits planned up that way but thanks for the heads up Sparky :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0138-think

irishbluebird, Oldsparkey and clingo like this.
  3. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Unlike an old sparkey to be shocked!

4. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Heads up.....

..down, up, down, up, down.

5. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Spit, swallow, spit, swallow.

Good for the complexion and digestive system. Apparently. <yikes>

irishbluebird and clingo like this.
  6. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Is spitting allowed in the current situation?

DaiJones and irishbluebird like this.
  7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Only from 2 metres.<ok>

irishbluebird and clingo like this.
  8. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

Thanks for that blow by blow account there Sparkey :emoticon-0136-giggl

clingo and Oldsparkey like this.
  9. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

That explains why Masky's got the skin of a 21 year old and eats like a horse. <ok>

BluefromBridgend and clingo like this.
  10. BluefromBridgend

Thanks for that Sparks.

Brought a much needed smile for today as have had to cancel a holiday to Portugal in 2 weeks and begin the fight with the travel company to get my money back.

That took 4 months for our covid cancelled trip in March!!!

11. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

His only shared feature with our equine friends.

12. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Enough mirth and merriment, do I need to remind you that this is a football forum and not a wall board for your filth!,
    Listen up, everyone’s talking about Masky, everywhere you go....Masky here...Masky there....Masky’s never been so popular! :emoticon-0103-cool: Get your Masky here!

21C052BD-33C2-4885-AA1C-A3132CBE5B6D.png

BrizzleBluebird and clingo like this.
  13. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Good story Sparks but I think you are taking us as suckers.

14. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

DaI <laugh> - Very quiet on here today, so here's the latest on my travelogue....<laugh>

Another cracking day across here yesterday - brilliant sunshine and too hot if anything. :emoticon-0141-whew::emoticon-0141-whew:

Drove straight through Wycombe (not my favourite town to say the least) and headed for Marlow (my favourite town). Parked up the car and headed across Marlow Cricket Club ground through Marlow Park toward the river and along the Thames path - no sign of any Al Fresco shenanegins to report yesterday....<laugh>

Anyway walked the Thameside path and under the Marlow suspension bridge right opposite the Compleat Angler Hotel where I've spent many a weekend break in the past. Diverted through the "Seven Corner Alleyway" coming back out on the Thames at Marlow Lock. Sat for a while watching the river craft rise and fall with the lock but the heat was blistering and we honestly couldn't stick mored than ten minutes there - headed back for the shade of the trees in Marlow Park.

Today drove a bit further down to Henley on Thames just over the Oxfordshire border from Buckinghamshire for more walking along the Thames path. Lovely day but not so hot - in fact perfect for a stroll alongside the moored barges.

I'll just remark about something that's struck me this past year or so. Has anyone noticed the increasing number of male "couples" walking together in parks and open spaces with a young child in a pushchair? I'm making no judgement here - each to his own, but these guys aren't brothers nor father and son - they are seriously involved with each other on a different level. Elton John, Alan Cumming (not Dominic this time <laugh>) et al have sure started something with same sex child adoption.

One thing I will say is they're very polite and acknowledge you with a smile and "hello there" as you pass. Quite unlike the miserable bloody gits I bump into down around the Christchurch area when I'm down that way. Mostly the elderly residents and what a bunch of knobs who seem to resent any outsider who dares to disturb their domain. Blimey, you're a long time dead and some seem have got there before they actually are......<doh>

irishbluebird, clingo and DaiJones like this.
  15. BluefromBridgend

Trouble with Christchurch is the coffin dodgers think you're going to gazump them on their eventual residence.

Nice by the river though.

It has been bloody quiet on here all week except for your travel musings. Even the ultimate source of bull$hit, WalesonLine has had bu££er all to say.

I'm sensing a bit of a media fall out at City.....

clingo likes this.
  16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Another shocking experience but on a much more mundane level. Always preferred my beer out of a bottle rather than a can, so been slumming it this week on 440ml cans of Fosters back at the ranch. Now I'm not an extravagant type, but I do like my Peronis in a glass bottle - well actually out of the bottle in a glass.....<laugh>

Dropped the wife and her sister off at the Coop in Hazlemere for some essential supplies (food!) on the way back today whilst I stayed in the car with the mutts. Bugger me, they came back not only with the pre-ordained grub required, but to my amazement, also 3 packs of 10 cans of Peroni. I have never ever seen Peroni in a can before today - always 330ml glass bottles.

I have to report I am undertaking an extensive trial of the can variety. <cheers><cheers>

clingo, DaiJones and BluefromBridgend like this.
  17. BluefromBridgend

Can't you get 600ml glass bottles of Peroni? Sure I've seen them. Saves time getting up for fresh bottles.

Despite that I wish you a truccessful sial. Hic!!!

18. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

You can get 660ml bottles of Peroni, but I've only seen them sold individually on a supermarket shelf, never in a multipack though I think you can order them.

BTW, the trial is going very well. <ok>

clingo, DaiJones and BluefromBridgend like this.
  19. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

I can concur on your bottle v can debate.

SA gold in a 500ml bottle is one of the best but in a 440ml can is <yikes><monster><steam>

20. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Well, Sparkey, if you will insist on taking a break in God's waiting room, you get what you deserve!!!! Then again, I'm contemplating a trip to Poole for Autumn hols here, if I can be sure of quarantine etc. Only worry would be my car being clocked as a foreigner, with concomitant potential for damage. I guess they won't really like Johnny Foreigner being about!!!!

Oldsparkey and clingo like this.