1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Shearer mouths off against Drinkwater

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Shearer would "never pick Drinkwater for England again'.
    Well he wouldn't would he, seeing as he couldn't coach a pub team.
    All because Drinkwater honestly told Southgate he didn't feel fit enough to do the country proud.
    Honesty I would have thought deserves praise , not a Geordie slagging off.
    Southgate got it, and thanked Drinkwater for his honesty, but Shearer has to show what a "great " Englishman he is and bring in his warped view.
    I once had to direct Shearer for a TV commercial we shot in a Country Club near Newcastle. He turned up an hour and a half late, was incapable of remembering his 3 line script because he hadn't bothered to read it, and was basically a pain right up the arse.All he wanted to do was leave ASAP, despite the huge fee he was being paid. Arrogant, self obsessed, not real bright, is what I wrote on my notes.
    Seems nothing has changed.
    He could however, play a bit.

PS. my new favourite Ethan "Fuzzy' Ampadu played a brilliant game for Wales. He's 17 years old, he's tough as old boots, and he bloody well better be in our 1st Squad for next year.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Bristol Blue, StanDMan and BobbyD like this.
  2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Like that's going to happen.

3. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Talk ****e also dedicated much of one of their shows to the Drinkwater thing, which to me seems a hell of a non story. He's barely kicked a ball for us this year and was honest in that he wasn't fit for selection.

Bodinki likes this.
  4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Shearer is a helmet.
    Like it has already been pointed out, DFD has had about 30 minutes of football this season, and has just returned from a long term injury, why the **** would he risk the rest of his season to play in a ****ing meaningless international friendly?

That's probably the funniest thing I will hear all day <laugh>

5. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Alan Shearer played for Southampton, won a Premiership title with Blackburn. Danny Drinkwater has already won a Premiership title with Leicester and he looks well set to win more playing for us. It could be a touch of jealousy from Shearer.

6. Chelsea Pensioner

To be fair, Shearer was a hell of a player , and Drinkwater has yet to reach his levels. I just think he's a helmet, end of, just like Bodinki said.

BobbyD likes this.
  7. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

The fact that Alan Shearer was a prolific goal scorer and a great footballer is not in dispute. I find it odd that Shearer didn’t join one of the top clubs of his day. Maybe that’s part of the reason for Shearer’s venom against Drinkwater because Drinkwater is at one of the top clubs. Perhaps I’m being too much of a psychologist but if I was Alan Shearer my main regret would be not having played for a top club.

8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I will never understand why he didn't join United.
    I know Newcastle are his home town club and he had supported them all his life, and they had a decent team back then, but Manchester United were and are on a whole different level, he would have earned FAR more money and won so many more trophies.
    Stupid career move for the sake of sentimentality. He has to regret that, surely.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  9. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Maybe it was more of a dream for him to play for his boyhood club then just win trophies? I can see that. Especially as he had good reason to think Newcastle (having broken the transfer fee record to sign him) may have bought a team capable of winning things?

In hindsight he may have regrets but can see why at the time he made that choice.

But it still gives him no authority on the Drinkwater situation.

Bodinki likes this.
  10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

If I was a PL footballer I wouldn't ever play for England either.
    I would flatly refuse
    International football is utter garbage.
    I would love for an awesome young, English talent to pop up, then get called up for England, and tell the England manager and the FA to shove it up their arse.

11. Chelsea Pensioner

Ha, love it.
    IF the FA did things properly, got a good manager ( and Southgate does seem to be heading in the right direction ) IF the selections are on form, not reputation, then Internationals are truly a great thing. Nothing beats playing for your Country whatever the sport, surely ( not that I'd know from any personal experience)
    But after Sven Goran Ericsson, Graham Taylor, Sam Allardyce et al reduced the game to utter boredom, I get you.

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

It cant just be because England are ****e.
    Because Chelsea have been ****e many times in my life and I have still followed Chelsea.
    I just feel nothing for England whatsoever.
    I remember when Chelsea played in the CL finals in 08 and 12, I was on tenterhooks the entire time, my asshole has never been tighter than it was during our shootout in 2012 against Bayern.

England, if they won the World cup tomorrow, I honestly wouldn't give a ****.
    I would feel the same way as I feel watching Man United win the Carabao Cup.

13. Chelsea Pensioner

So how will you be feeling on Saturday when England take on the Wallabies at Rugby??
    I'll be watching and hoping the Wallabies don't morph into the Wobblies as they did recently against the bloody All Blacks, no doubt cursing the ref every time a free kick goes against us, and generally hating the whole event, unless we win, which we occasionally do.
    Those kind of Internationals I love, plus the Ashes, that'll be another slag fest in the great traditions of the Convicts vs' the Poms.

14. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Nah, international sport in general does nothing for me.