1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sharp to Saints

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by bigfattiger, Jan 30, 2012.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Their aim this season is to get promoted and they're loaded, with that in mind, they're hardly likely to sell the league's top goal scorer.

2. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

After turning down Leicester I expected Sharp to stay at Donny until the end of the season, at least it gives us a boost for tomorrow night if the transfer does go through, any sloppiness in defence like we've seen at the start of games recently and Sharp would be like a pig in ****.

3. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Even if it hasn't gone through he's unlikely to play (unless it collapses).

How many players are going to turn down Leicester to either stay with or go to other Championship sides? There we were thinking Sharp was holding out for a Fulham or a Bolton or someone like that and he goes to Southampton.

4. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

Lambert is 29 and if they get a silly offer why not when they can go and buy Gary Hooper as well. I know its unLilely but ya never know in this game. If they are loaded as you say why not go for better class of player.?
    Just saying like.

5. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Or he just thought Nigel was a bell end?

6. Elmos_right_peg

He just wants to play in red thats all

7. hullborn

hullborn Well-Known Member

This does annoy me if I'm honest... I mean Southampton arnt really lacking goals and yet they're buying a good striker to help them get promoted.... our situation isnt much different to their's, there's only 5 points difference and we ARE lacking goals... so why arnt we looking at signing a much needed striker ? does barmby want to get us promoted ?

its alright barmby saying he's got complete faith in the players he has... you only have to look at our last 5 games or so in the league... what is it, played 5 scored 2 ? and those are from midfield... how can anyone say we dont need a striker ?

8. Theo

Theo Active Member

Of course he doesn't. It's all part of a plan he's hatched.. He's going to blow promotion this season and then sell off all of our good players in the summer and replace them with loanees from the Conference. We're going to play 9 centre halves and Matt Fryatt as a target man. He's also going to brick up the turnstiles to improve attendances and insist that our goal is 3 feet wider than the opposition. When we go down to Conference North and then go bust, he's going to buy the KC from the council for a song and build flats on it.

The man is a genius.

9. Brough Tiger

Brough Tiger Well-Known Member

Billy sharp wouldnt fit into our style of play as he can actually score goals. Judging by our teams since we last got promoted we dont plan on scoring goals, just trying to keep them out

10. HullTigerSteve

HullTigerSteve Active Member

does barmby want to get us promoted ?

It would appear not as it seems every promotion candidate is strenghtening apart from us.

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Would all daft people who think that Barmby doesn't want promotion, please post on this page, thanks. <ok>

12. Theo

Theo Active Member

Boro have signed a striker.

Cardiff have signed a defender and want a winger from Brighton.

Brum have signed no-one and sold Buesejour.

Saints look like they'll get Sharp. They've made a defender permanent and signed two unknowns.

West Ham have signed a defender on loan from the US.

Leeds have sold their captain, brought in a couple of loans and made Pugh permanent.

Reading have signed a striker and a midfielder Derby didn't want.

Blackpool have done decent looking business.

We've got two goalies and a striker.

Unless things drastically change tomorrow, no-one is doing much more than we are. let's not let facts get in the way of a good story though.

13. Theo

Theo Active Member

Oh, and anyone slagging City for not spending money we haven't got for the sake of it whilst boasting a signature with Paul Duffen having his head cut off is a complete moron.

14. hullborn

hullborn Well-Known Member

bollocks Theo.

"We said this many weeks ago that money to Nigel would be available - a million pounds in January for the transfer window," said Tigers owner Assem Allam.

"That same amount is still available for Nick."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15777618.stm

15. MikeHull

MikeHull Member

I doubt thats all true.

16. Theo

Theo Active Member

Who are you going to buy for a million quid who is better than what we have? The whole thing is simple but people cannot get it.

WE HAVE VERY GOOD PLAYERS. TO BUY PLAYERS WHO ARE BETTER THAN OURS COSTS LOTS OF MONEY.

They've tried to buy Adam Hamill, who would have been perfect. Otherwise, anyone you buy for a million quid is going to be no better than our current players.

17. HullTigerSteve

Do you think Fryatt will hit the target now then??

18. andy payton's mullet

andy payton's mullet Well-Known Member

Have to say, I agree with Theo. The kind of strikers that people are suggesting would cost upwards of £3m, which we don't appear to have. We could use the £1m referred to by AA and take a punt on a lower league player, but there is no guarantee that they would be any better than we have already, and it would be spending money for the sake of it.

Premier did suggest that the club does still have some irons in the fire loan-wise

19. Theo

Theo Active Member

Why is he shooting at his own goal?

20. HullTigerSteve

i did say it APPEARS and no doubt come midnight tomorrow they all will have. And how come King is a striker - after his one attempt on satdee (it was cloer to me in the south stand), i dont think striker is his position. i dont beleive (Mannone apart) we have strenghtened.
    Oh i wish we could have got either strikers that Reading and Boro have signed .