1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Shakespeare Sacked

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Chief, Oct 17, 2017.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Howe might be one for Arsenal in the future, but I'd like to see him tested at a club like Leicester before he makes the step up to a club like Arsenal .

2. Libby

Libby 9-0

Some of us really wanted him too. Watching you and to an extent Hull last year reminds me so much of us when Poch first turned up.

Sadly we were too slow in acting, and hadn't even sacked Puel by the time you appointed him.

3. Libby

Libby 9-0

He's another one I've wanted here. Don't think that will ever happen though.

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Bournemouth are very much in the bottom tier of PL clubs though, so Southampton would be a step up for him. I don't think Howe is anywhere near ready to manage a club like Arsenal yet. Is there much of a rivalry between Soton and Bournemouth ? Don't see why he wouldn't take on the Southampton job if it was offered to him.

5. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

If Poch did go anytime soon I'd take Silva from what I've seen of him.

Though Poch apparently said that he'd happily sign a 15 year contract here so he better be a man of his word <laugh>.

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yep, it was a mild wum but I actually think he could do really well in the future. What he's done at Watford so far is really impressive.

7. Libby

Libby 9-0

Yeah good luck with that <whistle>

8. Libby

Libby 9-0

There's a one sided rivalry as they seem to hate us and call us scummers etc. It's all very odd really. There was survey that showed they were Saints fans most liked other PL club, while we're their most hated. Bless them <laugh>

It would be the ultimate betrayal in the eyes of thebfans and not sure he'd want to ruin his relationship with them. I believe he turned us down when we were both in league one too after we sacked Pardew before appointing Adkins.

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I get that there's a bit of south coast rivalry, but why do they hate you so much ?
    I guess it doesn't have as much of a ring to it hating Plymouth Argyle <laugh>

10. Libby

Libby 9-0

There isn't really in our eyes though, we mostly all want them to do well! Brighton has always had more spice for me personally.

And honestly? I'm not sure tbh, I'd say it's like you say partly due to a lack of rivalry for them. Maybe because we've traditionally drawn a lot of support from there too? I also think the fact we don't take them seriously winds them up more <laugh>

To be their fans have acted like ****s in a couple of games, the last one in April I saw some little kid crying because of it which pissed me off. If we're in the same division for a while then a rivalry may develop but it will never compare to the skates for us.

On the above point, we've actually held bucket collections for them when they've been in financial trouble before, can you imagine us doing it for Pompey? <laugh>

PINKIE likes this.

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Bucket of vomit maybe ...

Are Pompy fans hard as nails Royal Navy types like they make out, or do they hang around the docks for 'other' reasons ?

Used to piss me off when Pompy were in the top flight, they'd always pick out that tattooed, stupid hat wearing nob jockey on the TV.

12. Libby

Libby 9-0

What 'John Portsmouth FC Westwood' - yes he legally changed his name to that. Utter **** tbh, got banned from St Marys for pissing on the seats on his first visit infront of kids etc. Classy mate... Worse than that we lifted it for the most recent game here <doh>

I'm led to believe even a fair few of the skates aren't keen on him. The bell is ****ing annoying when you see matches on tv too.

13. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yeah I knew that, was just too shattered to have thought of a witty comeback so responded with a proper answer for a change <laugh>.

I think young managers are becoming the "in-thing" what with how football is forever changing. There's still a few golden oldies but generally a lot of sides are going for managers who seem more intact with the modern game and Silva seems one of them.

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'd be proper ****ing raging if I was stuck behind that hat during a game <laugh>

please log in to view this image

15. Libby

Libby 9-0

16. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Autocorrect? Twat, not hat, surely?

Lovearsenalcock, Libby and PINKIE like this.
  17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh>

I like to knock the ****ing hat out

Libby and PleaseNotPoll like this.
  18. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

Howe would be a good shout for Southampton too... Think he needs to go into that middle tier of Prem clubs - like Southampton, Leicester, Everton. Not quite the top but shouldn't really be bothered by relegation, and have money to invest!

The Bournemouth rivalry thing is quite funny. I've seen them try to create one with Saints, and one with us! They just seem to be trying to force one with a team. I guess they have moved on from their rivalry with Poole Town...

Libby likes this.