1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sessegnon vs Ben Arfa

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Tickler, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Mr Wonderful

Mr Wonderful Active Member

Sess won't get any better and is 28 and is playing at the right level with Sunderland for his skill set. Knockaert's potential is currently in my opinion 15% to what he will be in 3 years time.

2. billofengland

billofengland Well-Known Member

Done to death mate. but for me Sess.

3. The Strawberry Syrup Man

The Strawberry Syrup Man Well-Known Member

Your opinion is worthless bill

4. Mr Wonderful

That one is, It's the equivalent to who's better Phillips or Shearer.

5. Montysoptician

Montysoptician Well-Known Member

And the answer is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ2Ha9bFpxM

6. je ne sais quoi

And the answer is:

[video=youtube;2hlOhksGJuc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hlOhksGJuc[/video]

7. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Ok. Do these videos just not prove that neither can tackle <yikes>

EDIT: Also, they were made in 2009!!!

8. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Please tell me how many times you have seen this Ligue 2 footballer mate, considering the league isn't even televised in France.

(If you live in Guingamp, then accept my apologies...)

9. Mr Wonderful

Twice on myp2p but the point is Sess isn't a typical Newcastle target... he isn't going to grow. We have wasted money on players who already have reached their potential and wanted one last big contract. It doesn't work.

10. concrete tony

concrete tony Well-Known Member

Oh how smug are the mags lol! I'd take Sess' Still has potential to improve. Has a grade A attitude.

Mags pretending like they have always backed fat mikes policy! Lol, really, We do remember you lot being up in arms about it! So funny! No wonder you get called deluded!

11. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Fair one.

I'm always dubious of French kids just starting out, they more than anyone have had their share of 'wonderkids' gone wrong.

Usually once they hit 21-22 you can say, 'yep, decent', but there have been many 17-20 year old, French 'next big things' gone tits up.

12. The Strawberry Syrup Man

The Strawberry Syrup Man Well-Known Member

Haha

13. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

A bitter lemon

14. concrete tony

concrete tony Well-Known Member

Not bitter at all? What do I have to be bitter about. Just pointing out that there has been a large shift of personality amongst some mag posters (not all).

Would you not agree that the current policy of buying young players, which now seemed to be the best thing since sliced bread, was mocked by some mag posters.

I'm not a mag hater, have plenty of mag mates who are top blokes. Like to see some happiness up here!. I think Newcastle have done fantastically this year and if Pardew can finish the job of attaining Europe or the champions league then he has to be manager of the year.

Congratulations on top dogs!

15. Warmir Pouchov

There may have been the odd poster but not really. We've always advocated buying young players and always wanted the club to do so. I would agree though that a good number of posters/supporters were worried when we sold a smattering of the main players in our team from the year before and began replacing them with cheap foreign replacements. They were right to be worried as it is a dicey policy which can go either way depending on the quality of your scout. As fans we were rightly worried that we were heaping a lot of pressure on our scouting team to get the right players. Rejoicing in that gamble coming off is surely only natural though?

Top dogs? Doesn't appeal to me Tony. Maybe if we were both like the Manchester clubs and threatening to actually win something. The likelihood is we'll end up with no european football this year, and when the league starts in August we're back to square one. Of course you have to be happy we're making progress. And naturally I hope we beat Sunderland in the derbies and I wouldn't want you to win anything but I have never worried about where you lot finish. If we were below you like last year I wouldn't blink, but equally when we're above I wouldn't crow. Just seems a mini league of mediocrity to win to me. I have plenty Sunderland and Newcastle supporting mates who obsess over it though.

16. 5 Goals 1 Hat Trick 11 Heroes-NUFC4LIFE

I think we're just about starting to see the real Ben Arfa again after that lengthy injury.

Ben Arfa for me.

17. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

Sess because he plays for Sunderland but if we had Ben Arfa it would be him

18. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

So which one is gonna get the bigger move, maybe even this summer or sometime soon?

19. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

I think they will both be on a few shopping lists but I hope they both stay

20. Warmir Pouchov

I think Sess may move in the summer but I think Benni will only move if he does something ridiculous with the French team. Blanc included prior to his injury but I find it hard to believe he'll suddenly be the focal point of their play. Of course many go as the understudy and end up the hero (Geoff Hurst)

I think for Benni to stop past the January or summer of 2013, we'll need to be in the CL or have won something.

Problem for both clubs is they are both extremely talented, both proven in the PL, and the types of clubs who'll be looking are difficult to refuse at any time for any player, nevermind when the club is gonna receive 15m-20m plus for their services