1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Serious takeover talk

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Well-Known Member

Are these 2 comments not contradictory though? If this is just a loan that needs to be paid back, Donald has had just gambled his whole future (he did it through Madrox, not the club) on making a success of this football club. That is not in anyway risk averse, if like you say, he doesn't have the means himself.

2. Flash Gordon

If that is true though, Methven hasn't really been truthful about the ownership structure staying the same. Preference shares are equity and although as GOM has stated, they wouldn't have voting rights, so Donald would effectively still have control of the club, the percentage of ownership would definitely have changed.

3. Owld Feller

Owld Feller Well-Known Member

I'm no accountant mate, so only reported the views of one I respect and added "Make of it what you will".

Are you?

4. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Cheers mate, I have to say it's been quite overwhelming how many people have come forward with similar posts. I thought I was posting to a handful of the last few clinging on and believing me. Even people I've previously trusted, here and elsewhere, turned against me. But I've now had dozens of posts, and pm's, from people saying they've been kept going by my posts. Despite the relentless negativity, and personal attacks, there was never a moment when I considered giving in to the sad bunch of losers who seem to wallow in their own pit of bile. The ones who created usernames on here, but only ever pm'd me, to continue their sniping are actually to be pitied. One of them came on here solely to attack me, was banned then created another account to come back and continue. No doubt weirdos like these will always believe they're justified so it's pointless arguing with them. They'll now turn their attention to pulling this deal to pieces, claiming Short is still in control, SD & CM are syphoning millions out of the club and that the Americans have all run off with pole dancers.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on that ....

.... the decent people have better things to think about such as looking forward to an actual football match.

I think it would do us good to take a break from all the speculation, investigative journalism and hack accounting.

Haway the Lads!!!

5. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

If SAFC ever come out to Aus for a pre/post season let me know mate and i'll buy you and Mrs S a drink or 3. I live amongst some of the best wineries in the world :emoticon-0103-cool:

Smug in Boots likes this.
  6. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

What the hell are we going to talk about now?

Not long been up and still buzzing at the news, just got to get it right on the pitch and we will be flying

Robertson and Montysoptician like this.
  7. Ozzymac

Who's bucking Mrs O whilst i'm away for the weekend?

Wash. FTM and Chunksafc like this.
  8. Flash Gordon

I have knowledge of investments, dividends and proxy voting.

My point isn't actually questioning GOM, it's questioning the statement about the ownership being unchanged by Methven/The Echo. If they have purchased preference shares, they have taken some ownership in Madrox.

9. Ozzymac

Apologies as i don't understand it all.

Wouldn't preference shares only come into play if a dividend wasn't returned and if so, technically they're not owners yet?

10. Peterleeyacker

Peterleeyacker Well-Known Member

I have a 3 series touring M sport. Great car

My Left Foot and Comfy like this.

11. My Left Foot

My Left Foot Active Member

Thanks to @Smug in Boots for all the info he has passed on in good faith over the last couple of months. Hopefully this investment will help the club move in the right direction and get it back to where it needs to be.

12. West Winger

West Winger Well-Known Member

Preference shares tend to carry zero voting rights though so the ownership wouldn’t be diluted.

13. My Left Foot

My Left Foot Active Member

I have the same. Great for the dog, bikes, luggage and even going to the tip etc. Just hope it doesn't catch fire due to the EGR issues

14. Flash Gordon

If they own preference shares they are shareholders of a company so they are part owners of that company. There are different types of preference shares, some which will guarantee a dividend return, some which just give preference to the Americans ahead of regular investors, but they are still shareholders.

15. Flash Gordon

It's all in the wording though isn't it. They carry zero voting rights so Donald's ability to run the club hasn't been diluted, but technically the ownership has as a new investor now owns a stake in the club.

It's all speculation and irrelevant really, I'm thrilled with the investment, I'd just like to know more about it.

16. West Winger

West Winger Well-Known Member

Yeah but it’s not like this lot to be ambiguous is it......

Flash Gordon likes this.
  17. OldNewtown

OldNewtown Well-Known Member

18. alan reed

alan reed Well-Known Member

extremely well said sir, thank you once again for helping some of us to keep the faith. onwards and upwards from here, and if you are ever in Hartlepool, there's a few single malts with your name on them. thanks again for everything.

Smug in Boots likes this.
  19. Sydney Greenstreet

Sydney Greenstreet Active Member

they could have just got a loan off the Halifax and saved 3 months of speculation

20. Blyth_bucaneer

Blyth_bucaneer Well-Known Member

Fking wonderful, my wife has broken her foot, which is jeopardising my attendance at the game tomorrow, still buzzing though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.