1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Serious question (really)

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by brisbane-lion, Jul 5, 2018.

1. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

One hears of players being bought and sold for vast amounts of money, currently Ronaldo for 88m quid, but who gets the money and what say do the players involved have in where they go? Do they get some percentage or nothing of the transfer fee? I've read many reports of these kinds of transfer deals but, honestly, never really understood them. It's said the such-and-such a player is worth millions, but, to whom?

2. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

Morning brissy. <ok>

Worth millions to the club but you hear about players getting a certain percentage of the transfer fee and a signing on fee but I don't know if that's the same thing or another separate thing. His agent will get a certain fee as is the case nowadays with them but again who knows if that's out of the overall transfer fee or paid for separately by the player out of his cut, which it should be as the club aren't bound to pay the agent anything.

3. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

Thanks, Steve, clear as mud. <laugh> I imagine any agents commission would come out of the player's money, after all, he is representing the player not the club. Seems a lot of money for one man to play footy, eh?

Evening, mate.

4. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

Too right it does mate and you're right as the agent doesn't represent the club. <ok>