1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Second favourites...........

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM, May 30, 2017.

1. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Your only as good as your last season.............last season he was **** .....next season he will probably be worse.

2. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Einstein said " the definition of madness is to keep doing the same thing but expecting a different result "
    if we don't significantly change last seasons squad which lets face it only just escaped relegation then we are in desperate trouble before the seasons even started. Evans out!

3. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Blimey lads I reckon you lot should all be put on suicide watch ! <laugh>

4. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Yeah,it must be so much better being a Budgies fan,have you got the open-top bus out to celebrate narrowly avoiding making the Playoffs?<doh>

5. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

It's a hell of a lot better being a City fan thanks, oh and the open top Bus will remain in the garage until next May when it will be required to celebrate our return to the Premier League and Towan's demotion to Division Three :biggrin:

6. Bigalreigned

Remember to take your umbrella or be prepared to be s*@t on by the flying pigs:emoticon-0102-bigsm

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM and KIO like this.
  7. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Big season ahead for your lot I would say - well done your board for offloading some big earners this summer though.

I expect you guys to be somewhere top 6 next term, how do you feel you and we will fare next season!?

8. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Neither are good enough, we will be in relegation scrap!

9. Bigalreigned

He said what his expectations were in his first post on this thread.

10. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

TBH Westy I have absolutely no idea how things are going to pan out but the new set up is very forward thinking especially for our Board with whom I've been extremely critical in the past.
    It could all go tits up for sure but I'm quietly confident that we will at least challenge for the top six, although we'll have a better idea after the first 10 games or so.

As far as Town are concerned, I think that as long as McCarthy remains in charge the only thing you can guarantee is that you won't get relegated. <ok>

11. Westlake33

Agree Kio - people can say what they want but Mick won't get you relegated from this league along with Big Sam / Pulis prem. There will always be three worse sides.

I think you / Wendy / Villa / Boro - and depending how Wolves / Brum spend could be the top 6.

12. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

He may not get us relegated but it will be another season of boring mediocre football and scrapping to survive! It hardly fills me or the majority of us Town fans with any real enthusiasm! <ok> Enough is Enough! This club badly needs to go in a different direction starting with a new manager and coaching team with fresh ideas on how the game should be played and not the tired old dogmatic approach which always settles for a point. If by the end of October we are in the bottom 3 or hovering somewhere near then McCarthy will have to be forced out for the good of the club imo.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    San Diego, itfcptc and Bigalreigned like this.
  13. Westlake33

Agree Warky I don't think Mick will be allowed such leniency again - nor should he be.

I think any gafa is worth 12 or so games to see how the table forms. Look at Leeds last year, sure they collapsed at the end however Monk was under serious trouble of losing his job early and they kept faith.

14. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

We're up to 5th faves for the drop now...the bookies are starting to poop their pants.
    We'll soon be faves for promotion at this rate :)

15. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

If it looks like it's working out for us with Farke, you should go for his replacement at BD II, after Wagner's success it looks a great place to get a coach, well maybe we'll all see in 10 games and beyond.

I think we'll make the playoffs, we have enough attacking talent still to get goals and I'm cautiously optimistic that even though our recruits have been liberated mainly from the bargain basement, that our defense will be much better than last season, it couldn't get much worse! (But it could so easily go horribly wrong, The manager has managed at no better than lge 2 level and the players are generally coming from lower level football than the championship and from abroad, so how they all adjust know one really knows)
    As for town, I reckon you'll survive again, it won't be pretty, but in all honesty, with the budget MM is afforded can much more be expected? It has got to be soul destroying to have to endure that football each week though, so maybe relegation and a new start is what you need. At least there is the prospect of seeing a more progressive coach even if it means a season or 6 in lge 1.

Bah!

16. Westlake33

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jumplist/transfers/verein/1123

I seriously thought you guys were a certainty for top 6 this term General until the summer came around and transfer activity started happening. According to this site,12 players have left ( some big wage earners like Bassong you'll probably be delighted to have off the bill ) with 7 in. Seem to be cutting back a bit this term, and at the current moment I would have to say you're ( in my opinion ) behind Boro / Villa / Wendy / Leeds / Fulham and potentially a few others. Maybe expected a little more from you this summer. That said, you have a very talented squad and are bound to be top 10 somewhere.

Impossible for anyone to give a decent judgement until the transfer window slams shut. Unfortunately that happens after a few fixtures! Weird business footy.

As for us, sure Mick doesn't play sexy footy but with our position I'm more than happy to have someone with some form of plan / idea rather than some clueless person. I think we've added quite well to the glaring holes. Garner is certainly an upgrade uptop - Webster back fit at CB is massive. I think Celina out wide will be very handy and Danny Rowe appears to be having a good pre season so could feature. We seem to have a few kids coming through so I think we'll improve. The #9 shirt is currently vacant and we're painfully lacking a striker so hopefully get someone good in.

I'm quietly optimistic for the season on one hand - the more realistic says how can we compete with the likes of Wendy chucking millions at it...

17. Bigalreigned

<doh>........just<doh>

yorkiegit likes this.
  18. General Melchett

I seriously thought you guys were a certainty for top 6 this term General until the summer came around and transfer activity started happening. According to this site,12 players have left ( some big wage earners like Bassong you'll probably be delighted to have off the bill ) with 7 in. Seem to be cutting back a bit this term, and at the current moment I would have to say you're ( in my opinion ) behind Boro / Villa / Wendy / Leeds / Fulham and potentially a few others. Maybe expected a little more from you this summer. That said, you have a very talented squad and are bound to be top 10 somewhere.
    you could be right, those teams either have more momentum or have on face value recruited better (Or at least more expensive players) But for us Farke brings the great unknown. If he can sort us out at the back then I think we'll make the top 6 as I said, I think he might, but you've gotta be optimistic at this stage, after Fulham away maybe we'll know how well founded that optimism is.
    Impossible for anyone to give a decent judgement until the transfer window slams shut. Unfortunately that happens after a few fixtures! Weird business footy.
    Impossible for us, because half our players are unknown quantities in this league and so is the entire management team, granted if we then also sold Oliviera as the window closed, hope would take a real knock.
    As for us, sure Mick doesn't play sexy footy but with our position I'm more than happy to have someone with some form of plan / idea rather than some clueless person. I think we've added quite well to the glaring holes. Garner is certainly an upgrade uptop - Webster back fit at CB is massive. I think Celina out wide will be very handy and Danny Rowe appears to be having a good pre season so could feature. We seem to have a few kids coming through so I think we'll improve. The #9 shirt is currently vacant and we're painfully lacking a striker so hopefully get someone good in.
    The closest parallel to MM I can give is our short but not short enough daliance with Hughton, I as a casual fan wasn't considering going to see his anti-football, even when we were on the Tele, I was reticient to watch and would wish I hadn't.
    After so long with MM I can't believe anyone is still prepared to sign up for such footballing pergatory!

I'm quietly optimistic for the season on one hand - the more realistic says how can we compete with the likes of Wendy chucking millions at it...
    How optimistic? Top half? playoffs? Not getting relegated?

Bah!

19. General Melchett

I think he's remembering Keane's time in charge, things could be worse!

Bah!

20. Westlake33

Well what do you propose we do given our position?