1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, May 6, 2018.

1. brb

brb CR250

I understand the prices have now been released for next season, anyone got a link, every time i look at the clubs website its bloody useless.

2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

brb
    The prices are 'frozen' - so that makes my 2 year ST even less of a good 'deal', considering Scally's had my money a year early !
    nb - I would give you details of the relevant prices ( not including freebies, freebies and even more freebies ) - but as you're wetting yourself laughing at me and grumpygit and all the other 2 year 'mugs', you can find them for yourself.

grumpygit and brb like this.
  3. brb

brb CR250

<laugh>

I took up the alternative undisclosed two year deal.

Season 1. Wait for freebies that are less than the £16+ per game two year STHolders pay.

Season 2. By not investing in a second season in season one, my money made interest in my bank rather than the bank of Scally. So even if i did buy a season ticket now, it's cheaper than the two year deal because the interest accrued in the bank of me, will make the cost of the ticket cheaper.

Only joking mate <ok>

grumpygit likes this.
  4. alwaysright

Luckily I am thick (skinned) and can take a joke !
    You actually could have just been honest - and serious - because you are right. The 2 year ST was being touted as an insurance against future price rises etc etc.
    I automatically assumed that Scally would be looking to extract more cash from me if I didn't get a one year ST, let alone one for two years....................maybe with the new NON-FINANCIAL Sponsor 'deal', Scally isn't interested in money any more ?? ----------- Yeah - the day that PDS does something without getting a LOT of money ( let alone for nothing ), Gills will be Champion's League winner!

brb likes this.
  5. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I was happy to buy a 2 year season ticket and support the club I love.

***** ****** *******:steam:<wah>:headbang:

brb likes this.
  6. brb

brb CR250

Looking at the online booking site, I was surprised how many seats are taken by ST's, especially in the Rainham End blocks 4 & 5. Although the odd part was I've had seats in a section that are now ST, so either the site is not up to date or people have purchased since (in the last few weeks).

Price I think was £375 for next season. Not sure this is a viable option for me tbph, mid-week games tend to screw me up.

7. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

To be fair think Scally has done right thing by not increasing the price. I pay £375 earlybird so £16.30 per game. Which is not too bad. Would cost that for national league on the day. Also under 12s remains at a fantastic price of £35 earlybird. Now i also noticed under 18s can go yo a match for just £7 which is also very fair. Their season price is £140 which is not a great saving but still good.:emoticon-0148-yes:

brb likes this.
  8. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Still strange about season ticket prices as medway stand has quite a few different prices but on a matchday i believe they are all the same so hardly any saving getting a season ticket.

9. alwaysright

Don't miss out on this wonderful offer --- not!

https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/siteassets/documents/ticketing/2018-19/lovell-st.pdf

I read a post on another forum - from a fan who is debating whether or not to renew their ST in the Medway Stand ( at £ 400 ). He states that the cost equates to £17.39 if he goes to all the games --- but, with work commitments he can only make it to about 20. This makes the cost of his ticket for those games around £20.
    He goes on to say that the Club do 'deals' during the season - typically for about 5 games, for which he wouldn't have to pay more than £10 ( possibly less ).
    He works out that 15 games x £22 ( single ticket price ) + 5 games at £10 (max) = £ 380. This is £20 less than paying upfront for a season ticket -- which gives him tickets for games he will miss -- and does not leave him with the option of not bothering to turn up to watch the sort of crap that was regularly served up at Priestfield last season.

AND - he states that if you pay monthly, not only does Scally screw you (with mad prices) , but so does the finance company.
    What price loyalty ?

10. brb

brb CR250

Same problem for me, i know i would currently miss at least 3 games in a season (and yes you all remember Hereford!) - so it does not make it financially viable for me to purchase an ST.

I'm aware of a certain club doing 12 (any) game ST's. Come on Scally get your act together on this.

alwaysright likes this.

11. alwaysright

I have (some) sympathy for Mr. Scally ( it shocks me as well ! )
    The 'matchday' prices at Gills are among the highest in L1. The entertainment, certainly in the last two years, has been among the worst in L1.
    Fans are no longer going to continue to go to matches out of 'loyalty,' and tolerate rubbish performances......... and why should they ? - if you went to a restaurant that served up food that made you sick ( time and time again ), I defy you to tell me that you wouldn't stop eating it !
    Football has moved on (( apologies to brb )) - it is part of the entertainment industry. It has no right to expect blind allegiance from 'customers' --- I know that people like brb won't thank me for using the term ' customers ' - but you cannot escape the fact --- even if I consider myself one of the dwindling number of loyal fans !
    Most, if not all of us, look to use our money more efficiently. We use price comparison sites to buy our gas, electricity, insurances, broadband etc etc. We use Amazon and Ebay for bargains. We go to the Hypermarkets for our weekly shop ( and free charm lesson from the staff ).
    We all want value for the money we spend. Very few are willing to simply spend it on a commodity from which we get no satisfaction in return - just because we have always done it !.........................and so it is with football.
    The reason why we have lost a 1000 of our 'loyal' fans in the last 3 years is because of the rubbish at Priestfield. These fans don't want to go to Scally's shop and come out with rubbish ( time after time ) - whilst paying top prices for the crap on offer! .... i'm coming to the sympathy bit
    Mr. Scally needs more money for the Gills. He can't really afford to drop the ticket prices - because he hasn't even got any sponsor money coming in next season. He might continue to offer deals and hand out freebies - in the vain hope that they will entice customers - sorry, I meant to say fans, to return to watching The Gills.... and, of course, all this does is
    (1) Antagonise STH because of the disadvantage they face by buying their ST one or two years in advance -- and equations show that this is not necessarily going to be the cheapest option.
    (2) Deals and freebies only seem to attract customers for that ONE event -- you don't see these people again until the next 'sale.' ...... and you can't blame them if ( especially over the last couple of years ), the quality on display is rubbish.
    Gills have lost STH - because they have been shafted - more will now wait for 'deals' - and if the goods are crap, they will join many others who simply have stopped eating in the restaurant from hell - no matter the price of its' food...............They will have takeaways ( SKY & BT ) (( and be able to afford more 'takeaways' than restaurant meals ! )), all in the luxury of their own homes on a freezing cold February Tuesday night !! - no chance of food poisoning !
    Mr. Scally - give us some decent football - with a bit of relish - the customers will be hungry for it.
    .................. I shall always continue to stick my head in the trough.

brb likes this.
  12. brb

brb CR250

Well mate you have exceeded yourself lol...that is a really excellent post!

I know im i dinosaur and remain traditional but there is no denying in the modern age you are absolutely correct, word for word.

I think so deals that were offered by Scally were shocking...by that i mean too cheap. I took the piss i bought the tickets for £5 last season. Mr Chairman i want to see fair and thought out offers, not bargain basement give away prices, you cannot afford to run the club on fiver ago and it's an insult to STH's.

So what do i want...

More flexable deals than give away prices. Give me a 12 any game ST and i will buy in. I just can't commit to 23. And i don't mean half season tickets, i mean flexible tickets. Think about it, it might be more attractive than you think.

alwaysright likes this.
  13. alwaysright

brb - well said - I think that it is Mr. Scally who is the dinosaur. There are many ways in which season ticket / 10-12 game tickets etc can be rolled out - to make it more affordable for EVERY fan - without causing any disadvantage to STH.
    There were times, last season, when even I did not want to go to the next home game - but I felt 'obliged' out of blind loyalty - and the fact that I had made a heavy financial commitment in buying a 2 year ST. I was left with a conundrum - do I not go ( just to watch more crap football ) - and thereby waste the money I have outlayed -- but if I do go to the games, it will cost me a considerable lot more in travel and catering costs. ---- Fans who don't purchase ST, don't necessarily pay [ a lot ] more for their ticket - and have the choice of simply staying away and not suffering the misery - and save a lot of money.
    ............ ps - I hope you didn't miss the Plymouth game #Hereford

brb likes this.
  14. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

At the moment I probably do about 10 games a season with perhaps a couple of away games thrown in. I don't think I would ever be in a position to commit to a season ticket for work reasons and due to my social schedule. A 10-12 game flexi-ticket that brb has referred to however in the Bradford City ilk would certainly be something that I would be happy to commit to and I know others who would also be willing to do something similar.

The club probably is missing out without thinking about doing something similar.

brb likes this.