1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Staines R's, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

It’s coming up to that time of year again so out of curiosity to those on the board who have season tickets, who’s gonna renew and who’s thinking of not ?
    Anyone who hasn’t got a ST this year and thinking of getting one next year ?

Very likely I won’t get my 3 next year due to work commitments and that we never sell any game out nowadays and tickets are always available.

(Obviously I take the view that we’ll finish mid table and prices will stay the same)

2. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

I have a season ticket & come end of season whether we stay up which we should or unthinkable are relegated I will renew next season.

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Had a season ticket for years but won't renew until Holloway is gone.

bobmid and Staines R's like this.
  4. Lawrence Jacoby

Lawrence Jacoby Well-Known Member

Jeff I salute you
    I certainly won’t be buying one again as just can’t see myself going more than 10 games a year nowadays plus the overseas service coverage is superb from the club

5. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

Rain or shine, Holloway, JFH or Bennie, I’ll be at LR for every home match. I will moan, berate the team, it’s management, owners and occasionally the referee but through unrelenting optimism and for that very occasional, if not annual, moment of joy (this year provided by Smyth) I will be a regular. It’s not such a strange condition really, we are no different in our ups and downs than most 2nd tier teams.

6. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

If it was £200-300 a season to sit in the Loft next year I’d get an ST whatever division we are in. And as Huddersfield charge £249 for a renewal I see no reason why we shouldn’t compare ourselves to them rather than say how cheap we are compared to Arsenal. Our gate receipts don’t pay for much any way they are so small.

A ticket that price would get me to many more games, though there is no way I would go to 23 home games a year, because frankly I don’t want to see that much football especially when it takes me virtually a day to go given my location (no complaint, my choice). Happy to inform the club in advance when I’m not going so they can re sell the seat.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    NorwayRanger likes this.
  7. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I really don't understand the 'I've had enough' stuff that I've been reading. Why would people who put up with the Redknapp years, with a manager and players who plainly couldn't give a **** about our club, decide to chuck it in now, when we have a manager (tactically flawed as he may be), and a group of players who plainly care passionately. Isn't this what we were crying out for?

I'll be renewing my season ticket next year come what may.

8. Staines R's

Sorry to say, going by what I see in the ground week after week....a lot do....so many empty seats appearing and it’s getting worse.

9. Stroller

Shallow ****ers, then.

kiwiqpr, QPR Oslo and Uber_Hoop like this.
  10. Staines R's

Maybe, maybe not.....I can’t speak for others and their situations.
    I’ll be there hopefully every game this season a lot, as you might have noticed, aint.

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I’ve never interpreted blind, unthinking loyalty as a sign of depth.

Surely people can make up their own mind on this type of stuff without being judged?

GoldhawkRoad and Staines R's like this.
  12. Stroller

Surely loyalty (not blind, or unthinking) is how a football supporter should be defined? Criticise by all means, but never jack it in. I think you share my view of Redknapp and all the **** that surrounded his tenure. If there are people (which there plainly are) that stuck with the club through that, but would pack up now, they are shallow ****ers in my opinion.

QPR Oslo and jeffranger like this.
  13. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I'm one who travels to a fair amount of away games who has had enough. The last trip cost me over 120 quid. Considering our away form nobody is in a position to question my loyalty or support. Myself and my son still kept going despite the shocking football and the pre match set up for a draw. Not wasting my time and money

14. Stroller

I imagine you were around for the Redknapp fiasco, Bob. Why is it worse now?

15. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

You imagine wrong stroller. Did exactly the same and stopped going. I remember posting it way back then. My frustrations with the choice of managers and the way they go and have gone about their business all stems from uncle Tony and co. It's like there's nobody in charge

16. Stroller

When did you go then, Bob?

17. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

When did I go Where?

18. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I’m very interested in loyalty. In theory I don’t believe you should be loyal to something that can’t give you loyalty back. I routinely mock people who go on about ‘company loyalty’ or ‘brand loyalty’ - both things are a transaction, you are getting something in return for something. Same with ideas, I can’t be loyal to something which doesn’t reciprocate and should not be trusted to be relevant tomorrow. People (and dogs) fine.

So I shouldn’t be loyal to QPR, because QPR will never be loyal to me. But I can’t help it. Fortunately that loyalty doesn’t extend to feeling I have to turn up to a fairly miserable experience (except for meeting mates, and I often think, but rarely say, “let’s stay in the pub, it’ll be more fun than the game”) every game. Loyalty to QPR has been a source of pain and frustration more often than not for many years. Not just because we don’t win things, but because the atmosphere, with fleeting exceptions, has been dire. I enjoy live football games where I have only a passing preference for one of the teams much more than watching QPR, even when we win, especially if you can be drinking a reasonably priced decent quality beer at your seat. Increasingly I can’t be bothered with football on TV at all, regardless of who is playing.

People who are jacking it in now are still QPR supporters, they have just had enough of cumulative years of mediocrity at best, and are exercising a difficult choice. What they are seeing now may be slightly better than in the recent past, but it’s still pretty ****. They’ve had enough. They’ll always be QPR supporters though. You’re just prepared to invest a bit more of your time into it than they are. Doesn’t make them shallow.

kiwiqpr, durbar2003, QPR999 and 2 others like this.
  19. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

All your criticism of Redknapp is justified. But there was one very bright spot when we won the Play Off final. In contrast, I reckon there's a 35-40% chance we'll go down this season under Holloway's stewardship.

No one's saying they're going to jack in watching the R's, but if the football is dull and tactics are frustratingly incomprehensible, they may not renew their ST. I have a 100 mile round trip to matches, and if Holloway stays, I may not renew mine, and thus be more selective as to the matches I attend

sb_73 likes this.
  20. Stroller

I agree with most of that, Stan, but I think you are giving the current jackers a justification that they don't necessarily deserve. It's much better now than it was under Redknapp. Why now?