1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Tickets...

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Jul 22, 2013.

1. brb

brb Guest

off to the game now lads.

2. brb

brb Guest

Yesterday I tore my ticket out of my book before entering the turnstile and my son did exactly the same. Closed book in one hand and ticket stub in the other we entered the ground 5 minutes before kickoff. Both of us had our tickets taken, neither book ID was looked at or even requested.

However, nothing changes my programme boycott stands.

The club have not answered my questions in regards to their policy of so called 'guest' tickets v 'friends for a fiver' ticket and the parallel charges. I was constantly referred to the T&C's by non st holders, when I complained about exchangeable tickets. Therefore I have kept the 2013/14 ST pricing booklet and I have read the t&c's in my ST book. Neither cover the aspect I have complained about, and neither did the subsequent letter.

So I have three materials of T&C's evidence and none throw clarity on the situation, I will type you the wording...

Please visit the ticket office to do so where the £5 Friend Voucher and relevant Match Voucher will be exchanged for a £5 guest ticket. http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/article/message-to-st-holders-943094.aspx

Firstly, no where does it say in that above line I will actually be charged £5...you can make an assumption I will but that is not the wording. Also if I am to be charged £5 (as I was), then why would I do an exchange for the relevant 'Match Voucher' - I might as well do a straight friend for fiver purchase and have three seats instead of two. Also clarity needs to be thrown on two words...'guest' - 'friend' - no where does either of the scenarios mentioned in this post use the wording at anytime 'guest' - so I can only assume they are meant as one of the same.

Once Gillingham Football Club get their head around that administration oversight, then they might realise why I am not happy. Let alone as an ST Holder you are FORCING me to go to the ticket office as I was told the transaction could not be completed any other way because you want that Match Voucher.

Mr Scally was not aware until to late of the turnstile fiasco, which makes me wonder if he is aware of this oversight?

Quite simply put, the club offer of exchanging a match voucher for a guest ticket technically does not exist because it is quite simply being processed as a friend for a fiver including the £5 cash charge.

3. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

brb. Contrary to my previous experience which I described here yesterday morning, when I arrived yesterday afternoon I was asked to show the id card.
    As a suggestion, I reckon that whenever we are asked for id in future we should say (politely) that we object to the need to go through this process and intend to make no purchases within the ground as a gesture of protest and would the turnstile operator report this fact to his supervisor. If we can get a few hundred doing this then the message might get through to Scally.