1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Tickets...

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Jul 22, 2013.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

BSG - after all of THIS - brb & me will ONLY have each other for friends - as long as he doesn't fart in my car !
    Your point has some validity - but - I am sure that many STH have a dad,son,brother etc who is also a STH and can keep the economic benefits within family.

2. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Look at the end of the day it boils down to the few people who were borrowing child season tickets and getting in as adults. Obviously a few people on the gates started noticing a trend and decided to speak up to higher members of staff. These new rules have been put in to stop that, its not ideal and there are still some options which fans could suggest to the club to make this smoother. Once again as with many things it is the minority who has ruined it for the majority.

3. alwaysright

But why should the majority suffer for the sins of the few ? Surely the turnstile operative had the right to refuse entry to any adult suspected of trying to use a childs ticket - that would be fairer to ALL fans - including honest matchday ticket purchasers.

4. brb

brb Guest

<laugh> no BSG...you have not been following very closely have you...lol...maybe why most non ST holders do not follow our argument! (only joking)

I purchase two ST's which I have mentioned just a few times...lol...for £700...and many ST holder purchase more than the one. So if ST's become non exchangeable as per T&C's before anyone reminds me, then there is no point in me buying two ST's in the future. I might as well have only purchased the one. This is the oversight that our Chairman really is not seeing and is where the right cock up by the club comes in to the argument. alwaysright has highlighted the point I have mentioned as do I believe did Born_Again with his past three season ticket purchases.

This is not about solely a stand alone ST but multiple purchases and something that could hit the club more than they care to realise. After all you do not need to be a financial consultant to realise what they have done.

Yes, next season, they may well change the rules and incentives again in light of this. However, as it stands, it does not pay to buy multiple ST's at our so called family friendly club.

Edit: I read people state Scally is running a business, yes of course he is but get any other businessman to work out the scenario of anyone purchasing more than one ST, it does not make business sense. This situation could be made even worse if we have a bad season and the club offer further incentives to Match Day Ticket purchases or he could appease the situation as he did last season for Torquay and AFC Wimbledon. Currently as it stands for myself it does not make financial sense to purchase two ST's next season, dependent on re-accessing the situation when the time arises. I pretty much guess I will still keep my seat, there was no ST's either side of me, so unless that situation has changed and as long has we hold on to one ST, we will always still be first in the queue.

Trying to look from a positive aspect. What the club could do to put it right without giving way in future seasons, and where I think the club model might fall apart slightly is that they do not offer discounts on additional sales. So the additional tickets just fall into a same comparison as the first purchase, therefore the incentives within that first ticket undermines additional purchases.

5. The Gills PegLeg

You should know better than I do that life is not fair. Its the consequences that always happens. People don't work hard enough in the workplace, the whole team misses out on day trips. People don't work to deadlines, companies lose contracts, kids from my school rocked the boat at Dickens World the school is now banned from ever returning there (not that anyone would want to go back). Its just how it is alwaysright and I'm surprised you haven't realised that.

6. alwaysright

I accept your statement. Life is not fair - but I like to challenge injustice otherwise there would be complete chaos everywhere.
    You won't mind if I use your type of analogy for a moment...
    If everyone has to suffer the consequences of transgressions by a few - why is it only STH that are being subjected to draconian rules ? Surely non STH should be constrained in the same manner ! If the rules are designed to eliminate STH abuse ( adults using a child ticket ) what's to stop those same 'adults' purchasing a child's matchday ticket - a ticket that is not as easily distinguishable as the new season ticket ?( I think I am right in saying that matchday tickets are NOT colour coded. ) Anyone who 'cheated' the Club in the past will continue to try to do so.
    Unfortunately this is another rule designed to inconvenience, more, ONLY those members of society who are law-abiding. The criminals will continue regardless.
    Mr.Scally has managed to divide (& conquor) STH against non-STH on the 'issue.' He should be ashamed of himself for penny pinching. As brb has said, the matter can easily come back to haunt him next season - or even this coming season if we have a poor year.
    I still cannot believe that, in a season where we were top for practically all year - Mr.Scally was compelled to give so many ticket deals - mostly to non-STH and gave thousands of tickets away for free. Us STH raised a few eyebrows at the time - not realising that things were to become a whole lot worse.
    As ever - Up the Gills.

7. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

Ah sorry I didn't realise you were talking about multiple ST purchase, my humble apologies our humped leader (camel reference)

8. brb

brb Guest

lol - no problem.

Yes, based on this season's changes, next season if it replicates this, I only need to buy one ST. Then as a family member I will receive 4 friends for a fiver and 2 free match tickets from my son or visa versa. Then if Scally gives away again any Torquay & AFC Wimbledon scenario tickets again I'm in the money. Also even if he just gives incentives on Match Day Tickets again reverting to a one ST situation will mean I will be quids in. It was only the transferable albeit against the rules that kept the value of both ST's. Hence the club has created a great financial divide between the two payment methods imo. Also no ID required for non ST's. Seems a suicidal business sense to me, unless you have young children under 12, to which I have not worked out the financial implications.

9. The Gills PegLeg

I say we go down to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint and wait for all of this to blow over <cheers>

ps. If you don't get it, its an ongoing joke from the film Shaun of the Dead <ok>

10. passit69

passit69 Member

This all seems a bit extreme from the club,just to stop certain sections using kid ST.

11. alwaysright

This is the photo in my season ticket book - some say it's not a bad likeness !

please log in to view this image
    For my next home game it will be
    please log in to view this image

During the season I will be using photos of Martin Allen, The Queen, The Pope, Thomas the tank engine, a Rottweiler, various forms of fruit and a pile of excrement
    - sorry, that's just how I feel - and, NO, BSG, I can't 'let go'

12. Damo666

Damo666 Member

Did we need to resurrect his thread?

13. brb

brb Guest

Must be honest and say I'm glad alwaysright has bumped this thread again...saves me getting in trouble...lol

I think the ticket office have misinterpreted the rules applied within Paulo's letter. I have read it several times in regards to a recent transaction I have carried out and I believe they have either applied the rule incorrectly or the rule is totally suffice to requirement. I've sent the club an email regarding this matter.

Read #461 on the alwaysright thread.

No where in the letter does it state I will be charged £5 cash. It is an exchange of an incentive ticket...hence I lose that incentive but not £5 as well.

The letter also states I will receive a 'guest ticket' I have not, i have received a friend for a fiver ticket, no where on my ticket does it state 'guest'.

14. Damo666

Damo666 Member

The bloke in the turnstiles wasn't even interested in my photo yesterday....did anyone else get asked?

15. brb

brb Guest

I couldn't be asked with it yesterday tbh. The old boy has gone from my turnstile, so I just handed them the book, rather than tear the stub out ready to help the older fella, as I normally to do - not to deceive but to actually help the old fellas fingers...lol...I think the new young lad did look at the photo.

16. oldsparky

oldsparky Member

Back to my usual turnstile this week and as I expected the lad didn't bother to check the book at all.
    What a silly thing the club has done to confuse and upset so many people and I suspect make a lot of us do the sums to see if our present season tickets are the best deal!

Roy

17. alwaysright

18. brb

brb Guest

Any other ST holders noticed that they have stopped checking the photo at the turnstiles...so today I'm just going to tear the ticket out the book and see what response I get.

19. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

I must say mine has never been checked and I have just torn off the voucher every time. Are we still boycotting programme sales and food? I suspect I am the only one but it would be worthwhile to orchestrate an occasional boycott to make sure Scally understands this will not go away. It is only a financial message that he will take notice of.

20. brb

brb Guest

bristol407 - No you are not the only one and I never go back on my word. I have boycotted all programmes since the season begun and will continue to do so until the club acts within the guide of the customer charter. I wrote a personal letter to Paul Scally via Paulo and the Club and I have never had a response. I raised what I personally considered a valid matter. The food and drink did not form part of my boycott, however, due to previous poor service and the clubs failure to act upon promises imo of emails received in way of reply, I have not purchased anything from the club this season. I buy what I want before getting to the ground.

I will not forget the way we was treated at the beginning of the season, until such time the club makes another personal statement in the same light as when it expects us to get behind the team. Which to be honest the supporters already were!!!!!!!

I will support any sensibly organised boycott.