1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season ticket sales

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, May 19, 2011.

1. N

N Active Member

That is great news. But I wonder how many people didn't renew, more than 800?

2. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

The only figures quoted were 800! what about cancelled/not yet replaced seasons, that were replaced previous season? why not quote the total figure so far??? Poor statement from the club!!

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It says we're ahead of this time last season and the season tickets went on sale later this season, is that not good enough for you young man?

4. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If we sold 15k by this stage last year the 800 new people would bring it up to 15,800. If we'd had more than 800 less renewals than at this stage last year we'd have sold less than 15k so far, so they wouldn't be able to say we were ahead of last year's sales.

How many people won't renew is a different matter, we may have sold more by now as a result of the sale period being later even if we end up with lower sales.

Everyone that could afford to renew during the season (February/March)would have had the money in place at the normal time so the late release won't have made any difference to them.

People that couldn't afford to renew during the season and paid for it over the summer after they finished paying off Xmas would previously have missed out on the discount periods so they'd be no worse off buying in August to buying in May. This year because of the late release they'll have been more likely to be able to take advantage of the discount period which will have encouraged more early renewals.

5. N

N Active Member

The lower prices for 16-22 range would have made a big difference.

I can't remember how much my pass was last season but I think it was about £40 cheaper this time around, doesn't sound like a lot but it's great news if your a student.

6. smidgen

smidgen Active Member

Years ago (in the 60s) I lived in Montpelier Road, in Brighton, and used to cycle to work, in Hove, past the old Brighton stadium. It wasn't 5/6 miles!

To the south is the sea, so it must be kinda out in the sticks (= The Downs)

7. Hull is for heroes

Hull is for heroes New Member

Last year was the first in about 10 years i didn't get a season ticket and that was mainly due to only being able to pay the direct debit in 3 installments. That took a huge chunk out of money i needed to pay for my summer festivals and holidays etc, and also living in Leeds means I cant really get to night matches due to the ridiculous last train time of 21:33, so didnt see the value.

However, paying per match last season on top of the train fares was a bit of a strain, and now the club have allowed you to pay direct debits over 7 months, Im once again a season ticket holder. The new payment scheme may encourage some ex or new ticket holders for the season. Either way, would like to keep an average of around 20,000 and get us established as one of the bigger clubs at this level.

8. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

It's in Falmer which is why it took so long to get through planning consent. It's supposed to be buried in the South Downs for minimal impact.

Good for getting students to go (the University is pretty close) and makes for an easy getaway if you're having to drive 300 miles home.

9. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

Sorry, Dad, I'll go to my room without supper!!

10. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

He scored 13 at DQPR in a side that struggled that season no reason why he can't smash 15+ goals easily!!!

11. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

If he's played in his right position with the right support he'll do well for us.

12. N

N Active Member

I can definitely see Simpson getting 15 goals next season.

13. Jezz511

Jezz511 Well-Known Member

What do you believe is his right position, and who do you believe would give him the right support?

14. Hank Scorpio

He scored 13 goals for QPR in a nothing season for them. I don't think he was played up front but had more of a supporting role/ out wide. (Don't quote me on that but i'm sure i saw a few of their fans say that). Also not many strikers can do it on their own. I can't remember us being any good when we revirted to 4-5-1 and especially when we have the tendancy to boot it up to the forward bypassing the midfield. Anyway i'm not expecting him to win the golden boot here i just think he'll do well next season. If i'm wrong then so be it.

15. Jezz511

i'm not doubting it, i think it could be a great season for him. I think your right about the 4-5-1 thing. If we do sign a target man as it looks like we will, that will probably end the day of 1 up front. I think that the supporting role or out wide man should be our cammy stewart though.

16. Hank Scorpio

When's Stewart back? Hope he kicks on from where he left off. And Rosenior for that matter.

17. Jezz511

Don't know, but those are two first teamers as far as i'm concerned

18. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

Season pass holders could buy (I think) up to four passes. The Seagulls also have different member schemes (not season passes) who also had access before the general sale.

I've been told there might be guest ales as well as Harvey's at the Amex and then there are:

Pies......
    http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/9020473.Specially_designed_pies_on_offer_at_the_Amex/

19. H-D

H-D Active Member

I missed the Brizzle game where Stewart and Simpson played up front - I'm told they were fantastic, but that was the only game where it happened.

Stewart is definitely a first teamer. Had my doubts at first, but grew on me as the season went on (then he did his knee).

Simpson has great skill on the ball, and has been a good goalscorer in the past. He has the makings of a quality Championship striker, but we didn't see his true great form until December, and then again towards the end of the season.

15 goals next season? Possibly. TigerRoo should be wary!!