1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season ticket sales

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, May 19, 2011.

1. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

i admit to being one of simpsons biggest critics early season..he hardly moved into space etc, and looked a waste of time..
    however i was very impressed with his 2nd half contribution, i thought he looked the sharpest of the strikers in the last 6 games , including fryatt...and was often pushed wide, deep, etc..so his goals ratio is a bit misleading...
    im not saying hes the best striker in the league, but if he played a full season up front, i wouldnt fancy making painful sounding bets against him <laugh>

2. suttontiger

suttontiger Active Member

The price of most passes only goes up £50 after next week so hopefully plenty of others will renew when they have next months pay cheque.

Just read Derby's have now topped 16000 down from 19500 from same time last year.

3. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

<laugh>

If he actually gets played often enough, and in the right position, I don't see why he couldn't. It was only last season when he scored 12 for QPR.

Although, to be fair, I'm about as blindly favourable towards Simpson as NP is to Fryatt, I just hope Simmo proves you all wrong ;)

4. westhulltiger

westhulltiger Active Member

Think that didgeridoo is safe, however there is no doubt Simmo will score some important goals 4 us next season, just not 15!

5. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

I might add that in the unlikely event of my playing the Didgeridoo I will of course be backed by that wonderful Australian Aborigine Band, Yothu Yindi, who play a pretty mean Didgeridoo as well:

[video]http://youtu.be/BPYHVFvMiNY[/video]

6. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

Brighton have sold 14,000 before general sale (according to my seagull father-in-law). Hopefully we don't fall behind them, even if they do have a new stadium and have the bounce effect of being champions.

I might be absolutely deluded but I think Simpson could be a 15+ goal a season man. Some of his play really impressed me last year and he looked dangerous, musch as I like MacLean's work rate we bought the wrong Mac (Mc) from Peterborough. I like the suggestion of offering 1.5m plus Maclean for Mackail-Smith. If Peterborough come up then Darren Ferguson will be back while his Preston team swap places, Ironic.

Looking at the HDM story they mention the gift to HKR but not HFC. I used to go to the Boulevard as a youngster before leaving Hull. When HFC merged with Gateshead I think we lost a team. It pains me to say but the only team in Hull is the Robins. Just like MK Dons don't exist either.

7. Jobboshinpad

Jobboshinpad Active Member

Renewed our three yesterday, there was a steady trickle of people doing the same when I was in.

Next date for your calendar, next Wednesday you can move you're seats. I'm sat in E5 this season the blokes in front of me the previous season didn't renew and this proper pr1ck and his daughter got the seats. They obviously moved over from the west stand. You know the type, very well turned out, £20 hair cut, doesn't sing shout or show any emotion! So I might look to shuffle across into E3/4

8. H-D

H-D Active Member

I might know who you mean... :p

I've done that already - my brother wanted to get a pass, so I let him have my seat in E5, and bought a new season pass for myself in E3 next to some mates. Good seats in E5 but the atmosphere isn't great

9. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We look on course to match this year's sales so I'm expecting gates to be about the same as this year. It's no good comparing the number of season tickets sold by different clubs because clubs don't have the same mix of season ticket/pay on the day fans, look at the Huddersfield example earlier. In fact, the season when Huddersfield had £100 season tickets they ended up having more season ticket holders than people in the ground for all but 2 or 3 games

As the Withdean has a capacity of less than 9,000 how can they have 14,000 sales for next season before general sale though? (I know it's a new ground with a bigger capacity, the question is how another 5,000+ people have priority purchasing)

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

As the new stadium is opening for next season, they've been selling season tickets for a year, aided by the teams good performances on the pitch(and the large Brighton catchment), it's not really surprising that they've sold so many. But it's a shame it's going to be called the American Express Community Stadium.

11. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

and how near the town centre is Brighton's new ground?.. I'm looking forward to playing them as they performed well against us when Zamora was with them - League 2 days.. used to lose bets against my Brighton supporting flatmate

12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Five miles from Brighton and six miles from Hove, hell that's nearly as far as Melton is from Hull. <whistle>

13. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Oh no what time does the ticket office close on monday ? Cant get there till about three. Three renewals to get. Please tell me il be ok !

14. John. Walkington.

John. Walkington. Active Member

15. hu7tiger

hu7tiger Active Member

Fantastic news well done the tiger nation.

16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

It's an odd story, it says we're on track to beat our target, but it doesn't say what our target is.

If we set a target of 20% less than last season, then it's not nearly as impressive as beating last seasons sales.

I mention this only because though we've sold over 10,000 season tickets so far, I understand that this is considerably lower than we'd sold by the discount cut-off date last season.

17. HullTigerSteve

HullTigerSteve Active Member

According to OWS we have (or will by end of day) exceeded the target for season passes , in fact exceed last seasons sales.

18. John. Walkington.

John. Walkington. Active Member

19. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

800 new season ticket holders and being ahead of this time last year is impressive stuff. <ok>