1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

season ticket refund

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Qpraaron, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

AND i just seen how crap i am at maths......kids got a 12ish % discount :emoticon-0111-blush

2. Carlos Valderama's Hairy Saddlebags

This is exactly right. Someone else mentioned that why get a season ticket when it now works out cheaper to buy a mtach day ticket to every match. You would have to be extremeley lucky to get a ticket to every match if you didn't have a season ticket and you would have to go through so much fannying around and hassle to get your hands on tickets.

Also, a few quotes here about how much of a big deal Amia has made of the refunds issue. OK, he resigned over it but its not as if they've issued a press release every week banging on about it. He probably said everyone would get a refund a bit rashly before they looked at the cost side of it, logistics, implementing it etc which was probably an honest mistakeand then followed it up best he can.

At the risk of pi**ing everyone off, yes we got fleeced by previous owners, but as has been said by many people on here, we all bought the tickets thinking that was it, at least they have given us something back. Get over it

3. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

:)

4. Northolt-QPR

Good post mate.

5. Staines R's

I would suggest that resigning over the issue IS a pretty big deal....

6. jon434_QPR

jon434_QPR Member

Flav & Bernies ghost still haunts us I guess.
    The options are "something is better than nothing" or "like it or lump it"

7. Carlos Valderama's Hairy Saddlebags

Thing is though, is that he seems like a passionate guy and resigned probably as a knee-jerk reaction as he was being played around by Bernie and Flav on numerous issues and this one was probably the last straw.

I refuse to believe that he resigned as a publicity stunt cos for all we know and he knew there was no guarantee he would be getting his role back. I don't believe that they have been cynically manipulating the press and the fans.

They have just brought in a shed loads of players withthe wage bill will have gone up vastly too and the club is definitely operating at a loss which they are covering. They are putting massive amounts of there own resources into the club and yet when they try to give the fans back something with a nice gesture people throw it back in their faces, f-ing and blinding about it being a disgrace. I think people moaning about this are completely wrong.......Just my opinion though

8. Staines R's

Of course mate, its all about opinions......and we just disagree on this one. Maybe i'm just too cynical ....maybe not, and i'm afraid you and me will never know the truth.

9. HammersmithBlue

Just because you lost to Fulham 6-0 you can't demand a refund already.

Fulham put you in your rightful place as West London's fourth club

10. Carlos Valderama's Hairy Saddlebags

That is almost as funny as John Terry’s family

11. GoMadgeGo

GoMadgeGo Member

For me it's just the fact that people getting one off tickets now are paying less than I did for a season ticket. Surely the whole idea of a season ticket is to reward the loyalty of stumping up a large sum upfront by making the price per game cheaper than people that buy them individually.

Their intentions were admirable, but they've cocked it up.

12. Northolt-QPR

Oh no is BlueZzzzzzzzzzzzz back?
    Do I need to bump his boreathon thread;)

13. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Spot on!!

14. rangercol

Carlos...you are SO trusting!

15. hammersmith hoopton

hammersmith hoopton Active Member

I remember making the decision under the old regime,not to renew my season ticket this year as my own form of making a stand.I didn't want to pay extortianate prices to line the pockets of the Goons,it was a truly painful decision but one i stood by.I have been to all our away games so far this season and will now look to purchase tickets for home games when possible.For those fans that bought their season tickets at the original prices i can understand your feelings at the fact they are now cheaper to buy on matchdays,but having made your decision to purchase them in the first place,surely it is churlish to moan about the size of the refund,when at the time you bought them you weren't expecting any refund at all!!

16. rangercol

Again...this misses the point!!
    Most people aren't complaining about the size of the refund, but the fact that Amit et al were bigging up a big REFUND which has turned out to be bollocks. I spent £1,500 on 3 season tickets, which was a bit of a stretch, but obviously it was my choice to do so. BUT, my hopes were raised that I may get a couple of hundred quid back, which would have been most welcome. However, it turns out that there isn't a refund at all, as it all goes back to the club. Now I'm not that upset about that, as I support the club. I just feel a little let down.
    Finally and this is my final word on this, as I want to move on, the sceptic in me does suspect that the long delay in the vouchers being sent out was because they wanted as many fans as possible to buy their new shirts before they could use the vouchers for this purpose.
    Anyway, it's happened now and I'm fully behind Tony Fernandes with his plans to make us an established Prem club and, hopefully, my Season Ticket money will help!!

17. Staines R's

Ranger Col- PM'd ya.

18. rangercol

Thanks...no idea what that means...but thanks!

19. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I assumed it meant Personal Message but i could be wrong!

20. Northolt-QPR

Top of the page, 'notifications'