1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season ticket prices announced

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Nuggets, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Season ticket prices announced, prices below:

http://www.myitfc.co.uk/

Effectively a 12.5% reduction in most areas, with various schemes and initiatives to potentially provide further discounts. I'm personally in two minds over whether to get a season ticket for the first time in a few years, a lot of my mates who used to all go together are debating getting one for next season. Should be more chance of seeing wins and better football from us? Surely?

Anybody else enticed by the reductions or do you think the club hasn't gone far enough to get both existing and new supporters through the door?

Scowey likes this.
  2. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I think the club have just about hit the sweet spot with the pricing.. It offers enough of a discount for fans to be enticed, without going so far as to throw away potential income. The pessimist in me thinks they might not hit some of the 'targets' particularly the 14,000 figure to get a further 20% off but I think the 12,000 target with an extra 10% off is achievable (so a total 22.5% discount with potential to drop further seems like a great bit of marketing) Some of the other changes which reduces prices for families are certainly a good gesture which was needed by the club

The price freeze for the following season is also an extra perk for those who are tempted so I think the club have done pretty well all things considered.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    itfcptc likes this.
  3. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Now, i'd love us to get 15k + season ticket holders, but if you look at it in a logical way, you will only start saving money is if you go to at least 15 home games a season.

Not for me, i'd rather just spend £23 whenever i want to go - plus i already have a season ticket next season for Boreham Wood (£100)

4. TopBunk

TopBunk Active Member

Seems like a decent idea to me.....although I would have liked to have seen a little more discount.

5. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I’ll renew,but then I probably would have done regardless.

6. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

12,000 season ticket holders by 6th May is a bit optimistic (never mind the 13k and 14k sales), especially considering we only sold around 10,000 this season with the whole #NewEra underway. But maybe the drop in price and the potential for a more successful season will ensure the 12k target is met?

7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I think this is a class move from Evans, more of the same please.

If we hit the extra milestones every one is a winner. But if not, everyone is getting the 12.5%.

8. TopBunk

TopBunk Active Member

If we sell out I hear it will be 50% reduction.

9. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

There was talk of a Saturday only season ticket which I definitely would have bought. I can’t get to midweek games (or rather get home from them). Will probably pick and choose my games

10. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I would love some kind of away season ticket. Maybe a full away season ticket for all the games and half away season ticket for any 12. I don't know how you would administrate it with the other clubs but I'm sure it would be a big boost to away support. Having to order and pick up or pay cash on turnstiles every time is a pain in the arse.

11. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

This is so true. I remember visiting qpr 1 year & about 3000 of us turned up to which they opened a grand total of 3 turnstiles. I arrived at the ground about an hour before kick off and I finally got in at 1/2 time

12. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Every time Evans makes a statement he thanks the Season Ticket holders but there is no recognition at all for away support. Town have a massive fan base of Suffolk 'ex pats' across the country who get to all the matches within a radius of their homes and travel further when they can. I think the home club gets to keep all the ticket money but I really think they are missing a trick and I may even write a letter about this now that it feels as though the club are finally listening to the supporters.

13. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Our magnificent away support doesn’t put any money in Evan’s pocket so I guess he doesn’t regard them as customers deserving of any particular acknowledgment?

14. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I think that’s probably it. But away points are just as valuable as home ones and it’s points he needs it he’s ever going to get his money back.