1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Ticket Hike

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Just before the Final, purchase of Season Tickets were withdrawn. The Club have now put them back on sale with very significant increases across the board.

upload_2018-6-5_13-13-20.png

Some observations:

* since many existing ST holders will already have renewed (at the original 'early bird' prices) is this the Club simply taking advantage of increasing revenue at the expense of the Johnny Come Lately's?

* doesn't necessarily mean these will be the prices for 2019/20 but makes my eyes smart if that turned out to be the case. And seems very short sighted by the Club - especially when you look at the cost for young fans! Surely that's the generation we should be encouraging not prohibiting financially.

* does it mean that the majority of £170m extra revenue (minimum) is going to be ploughed in to the team and the added ST revenue is part of the FFP model that will have to be developed?

* the Putney end is not included. Does that mean we're keeping the 'neutral end', with it being potentially dominated by the opposition? Know there's a difficulty because of the lack of a physical separation for fans but would be a pity since the system adopted for the Derby play off game worked well.

* The points about the Putney end and prices for 2019/20 could be with the Riverside Devolpment in mind. When that is happening and folks currently in the Riverside will have to be have to go somewhere else and .
    we'll be down to something like 17,000 capacity.

2. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Wow that is a hike. What was the system used v Derby in the playoff game for the Putney end ?

Glad I've got my ticket already !

3. Cottager58

Basically still a 'mixed' area but seats were only sold to someone not having a Derby booking record. Obviously a single match rather than a season ticket purchase but there's a principle in there (somewhere!)

4. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Thanks Cottager. Makes sense.

5. Cottager58

Suspect that the Club are not including the Putney end for the coming season however so that a) they can maximise revenue by selling tickets on a match by match basis to "tourists" etc and b) it will be free of ST holders allowing them to decant the Riverside lot when that starts development the following season.

6. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

I am still a bit dubious,the riverside stand is to be built in the allocated time span,but
    if the Wembley purchase goes ahead that's where I think we would be playing.

7. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Four games less for your buck. Even Early bird STH have had a big hike in prices, because they probably bought their original tickets on the previous early bird window (ie before the Reading playoff).
    Another hike for people who have yet to commit and had to sign up prior to the Villa game.
    Suspect match day tickets will cost £10+ more than a STH price, no membership discount except for the minor games, very few bring a friend for a fiver game. A lot of changes to Saturday KO for TV. Don't you just love Premier fever.
    Guess they won't have Putney as STH section because they would be more popular price than in other sections that are still waiting to be sold.
    For me it's just another case of supporters being conned by Chairmen. Family club, custodian, blah blah blah, and I doubt if all the new stand Facilities are going to be available for all, and we can see what the prices are creeping up to be when built. Basically we are being suckered in again.
    My suspicions are that we will be moved out of Craven Cottage for the build to take place quicker if we remain in the Premier.

8. fulham traveller

fulham traveller Well-Known Member

And the Pitney neutral end is £5 more a ticket for last season
    As it’s not a home it away area it won’t be capped under the £30 cap. These tickets will be £70 or close to it for the man united games, glad I renewed early

Cottager58 likes this.
  9. Cottager58

Looking back at ST prices over time kind of puts it in perspective.

Early bird prices for an adult season ticket in Block G of the JH Stand -
    08/09 - £559
    09/10 - £579
    10/11 - £599
    11/12 - £619
    12/13 - £659
    13/14 - £689
    14/15 - £589
    15/16 - £501
    16/17 - £501
    17/18 - £501
    18/19 - £589 New £849

10. fulham traveller

fulham traveller Well-Known Member

That s y point it’s took 10 for it to go up. My mate is a spurs fan he is aged 74 since leaving white hart lane, his was paying 500 2 years ago then 600, this season at new ground its £1200 and behind the goal

11. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Interesting. Sevilla have just released their ST prices and they range from €250 for just the league games to $335 for a full package of all league, European and domestic cup games. There is also a family ticket for parents, kids and Grandparents ranging from the basic for €415 up to a full package of €720. We also have even cheaper standing area season tickets.

Ticket prices are what puts me off from attending more games. When the price of my seat at the Cottage for 90 minutes is more expensive than the one I have on an aircraft (which I sit in for about 50 minutes longer) it becomes difficult to justify.

Cottager58 likes this.