1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season card renewal

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by AshtonRed, Apr 12, 2021.

1. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Is Robins TV an option? I thought it’s only available in the UK because of Covid.

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

3. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

He’s OOC though isn’t he?, so effectively he’ll be earning zero unless he agrees a new deal, in these post COVID times players have to get used to much, much lower wages. I’ve been a fan as he gives his all, well until recently, but I wouldn’t offer him a new contract. We need to bring in a younger, more hungry replacement IMO , time to move on.

4. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Sorry for me he has only given his all this season during January, he cannot hold the ball up, despite being a big bloke he is a defenders dream because he ends up on his arse from merest of contact, he is reactive and not pro active (he never gambles), he takes up crappy positions in the opponents box, he stands behind his marker at the far post most of the time, never makes near post runs and is usually at least a yard behind crosses into the 6 yard box.

He must go IMHO.

5. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I didn’t realise that. Was it only available outside the UK before COVID?,
    If it’s not available I’ll just pick and chose my games.
    I agree it’s time for him to go, we’ll never agree on him in general, I agree with much of your criticism of him but feel he’s a decent championship player who scores around 15 goals a season, and if he improved on the things he’s poor at he’d score more and be in a better club than us. This season I believe he’s missed crowds more than some players as he feeds off the crowd and often encourages us to get behind the team, (some players miss the crowds more than others). That’s not excusing his lack of effort since Christmas though as I think it’s more to do with his contract running down , which is disgraceful