1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sean Clare

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by grumpygit, Aug 31, 2017.

1. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Wrights replacement, he certainly likes to run with the ball.

alwaysright and MJK007 like this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

Bit of shooting practise required but looks pretty decent in the vid, certainly style of player i would go for, strength and pace....but as always with that style comes a weakness, what's the catch?

grumpygit likes this.
  3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I think it's that he wants to be captain and take penalties - but then I read your bit about strength & pace - so I'm definitely not alwayswhite ................... don't you dare mess about with my username.

On a more serious note - We have big forwards who are crying out for decent service. Eaves showed us last week, that if you put in a decent cross ( two ), he'll get his head on it and score. When Dack was 'performing', he also moved forward with pace, strength and skill and with great success. Clare looks to have strength, skill and pace - I'm not overly worried that some of his shots go awry - we have got to have somebody who will provide the openings for our forwards ---- ask Cody :emoticon-0100-smile

grumpygit and brb like this.
  4. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

Something must be wrong. He is only 6 3.

5. brb

brb CR250

But see this is the area that I disagree with everyone on regarding Cody - If you have players such as Dack and who knows maybe this Clare, you don't need a Cody style of player, imho the Cody's in that style of team just get in the way and take up valuable space, restricting the movement of pacier players. Cody is a completely different striker in his own right, that's why i've always debated he cannot be in the same team as Dack.

How can i better explain it....

Let's take Joe Martin as example, you had two good players in the same team, him and Barcham, it just didn't work, Barcham took up Martin's space, remove Barcham who i loved and then Martin came into his own especially under MadDog.

When will you people listen to me <whistle>

6. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

He seems to have a decent bit of 'physicality' about him.....:)

7. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Could be useful. Looks like adds something different, hopefully will run at players. We have Binghan who is direct replacement for wright.

grumpygit likes this.