1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SD has decided to sell!!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by HeatonMackem, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Kittenmittons

Kittenmittons Well-Known Member

That's what I'm saying though, I criticised him before because of his words, not because I didn't believe them. It just took time to go through them and marry up the details which was excruciating because he speaks incredibly loosely. Despite that, it was possible to get a more complete picture of what happened from his words then, just as it is now.

Don't believe what certain posters would have you believe. I've always said he was his own worst enemy in this because you could almost sense Charlie Methven having his head in his hands as Donald told us way more detail than I think Methven wanted us to know.

2. Wibble

Wibble Well-Known Member

I don't get the FPP quote, I dont understand what they get out of giving us a loan and hoping SD comes good. I know they are minted but billionaire businessmen don't give away £10m.

3. Kittenmittons

For him to come out and say that the Americans didn't make a bid, if they actually did, is beyond mental to think is a possibility. He's a businessman, he'll take those contacts he's made very seriously indeed.

4. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Well-Known Member

That interview was a disaster. Full of contradictions. I don’t believe a word out his mouth.

5. Kittenmittons

They didn't give it away. They loaned it to us as part of a deal that could theoretically have ended up with us getting more investment if it was used wisely. They liked the club as an idea and they liked the plan that Donald had for us, but they weren't interested in owning us outright and making decisions themselves from 3,000 miles away and without knowing the market.

Dorset and Wibble like this.
  6. Iansun

Iansun Well-Known Member

Always thought it was to good to be true, should have known better.

7. Kittenmittons

Like what? I think the contradictions people are talking about are not based on things Donald has said, they're assumptions that have been perpetuated on here and elsewhere for months that fly in the face of facts.

I've said it a million times, but setting ourselves up as if FPP would be our saviours is a huge mistake. The chances of that being the case were always remote and now look pretty dead in the water. We just move on, it will be ok!

8. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

If that's the case why did Donald say something along the lines of "hopefully there'll still be a place for me" if it was him they were investing in?

I'd say it's more likely that the Americans did make an offer and SD wanted to stay. Methven and Davidson saw the writing on the wall at that stage and left. Donalds stubborness/demands have caused the yanks to say "**** it' and walked.

Now he's saying that without him they won't invest to cover up that him wanting to stay is the reason that they won't.

Owld Feller and Blond Bombshell like this.
  9. Dr Manhattan

Dr Manhattan Member

Sounds like we’re shagged then.

10. Jamesmcsafc

Jamesmcsafc New Member

He said the we've never loaned anything to get where we are, he then said he hasn't touched the loan then he followed up with the loan been used towards parachute payments?

Blond Bombshell and Sheep Farmer like this.

11. Kittenmittons

I think he said this referring to the ability to come back to SAFC in future as a fan, sit at games etc, mentioned going in the away end. It was said in context of him leaving on good terms.

Left For Dead and Jme like this.
  12. Kittenmittons

They were at least two separate questions I think. He was clear about the FPP loan. The last bit was about parachute payments and I admit I wasn't sure what he was saying.

13. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Well I never who would of believed it <laugh>

14. Blyth_bucaneer

Blyth_bucaneer Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's any help or not, wor lass reckons he's a big time Charlie, says she can tell by his eyes.

East Durham likes this.
  15. Sheep Farmer

Sheep Farmer Well-Known Member

KM has always been a proponent of the "FPP aren't taking us over" pov. SD now appears to be saying this so KM now believes him.

Blond Bombshell likes this.
  16. Brainman

Brainman Well-Known Member

Has he been taking lessons from Prince Andrew?
    We're in a great financial poHsition.
    He doesn't think him leaving is the best thing for the club but the nasty supporters want him gone so what can he do?
    He's living in some fantasy world..

Oh yeah.
    And it's Smug's fault.
    <laugh>

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Nordic likes this.
  17. Iansun

Iansun Well-Known Member

The next bury town.

18. Sheep Farmer

Sheep Farmer Well-Known Member

Is that what you heard him say or what you read in KM's transcription?

19. Jamesmcsafc

Jamesmcsafc New Member

I heard it (albeit I have a 1 year old and 5 year old so it was in background but turned up!) might not of been word for word but definately said it, km has since said he heard similar but didn't understand it and he thought it was 2 separate questions, but I'm positive that's what he said

Sheep Farmer likes this.
  20. Kittenmittons

What is this? I believed him when he said he'd loaned loads of money via the club and used it to pay Ellis Short for his shares. I wrote that down in a big thread and the first thing I said was this:

So actually, I always believed him, it was some of you who were militantly aggressive to anyone who had a different viewpoint.