1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SD has decided to sell!!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by HeatonMackem, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Kittenmittons

Kittenmittons Well-Known Member

Next thing is... who were the people in the summer? Was it Campbell? Was there a mystery group we didn't know about?

Porterfield73 likes this.
  2. Guinness Guzzler

Guinness Guzzler Well-Known Member

I'm not buying a lot of that mind. Yes they won't want to run a club themselves but they'll have chosen this club over others for reasons of infrastructure, support, potential, not just because they randomly think Donald, Methven and Hill are mint! Would they seriously not back themselves to be able to get a management team in place? Go and buy Rochdale then, bring Donald with you, no end of success will follow with that mint management team. I just don't believe for a second that they just want Stewart Donald! As for the loan not having been used, but is being used to replace parachute payments but will also go back to FPP if he leaves.

Ultimately he didn't get it right on the pitch, all we could see was big money players going but, crucially, being replaced by ****e (even by league one standards). From having a great chance to build in the summer we went backwards, but now we're suddenly meant to believe that there's a great money mountain sat there waiting to be used? Maybe if he'd used some in the summer we wouldn't be sat here. I don't believe he was ever going to massively strengthen in a January window, but let's see what he comes up with

3. Magnus

Magnus Well-Known Member

• He’ll try his hardest to hang on till the summer and hope we go up so he’ll Then make more money

For him To say the never wanted to buy the Club is ridicules

• jack Ross literally said it was a take over
    • Are own players said it was a take over
    • Making a company on company’s house to take over
    • Telling roker report it was done
    • Sd liking tweets about the take over
    • FPP coming to games

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  4. Confucius

Confucius Well-Known Member

Why would they invest in him? The club is the one constant here and a decent CEO would be able to turn it around with the right backing. That could be me or one of us, but the club is the package not him

Bank of England 2 and Draig like this.
  5. Kittenmittons

He didn't say this though mate, he's saying they wanted the package of the club + his vision for it, and that's different and more usual. Not many people who are 'hands off' are going to invest in a business without an owner.

You'd be surprised how good he could have made the club look though. I don't doubt that he tried to get them to buy us. and I don't doubt that they considered it (he said as much last time) but ultimately they did not make a bid to buy us because they're 3,000 miles away and - I can't stress this enough - they don't sound like they want to be responsible for appointing new people, managing their performance etc remotely and ultimately having nobody else involved.

Everyone always says 'I'm sure these rich people can appoint someone' etc. I know that sounds great, but have you ever considered that they know their own limitations don't extend to intimate knowledge of who is right to guide a club from League One or the Championship? I'd guess from knowing people like them, that they know exactly this would be a weakness for them. They could end up appointing someone to hire the CEO to hire the manager. If they get any of that wrong... hands off investors don't like to make these decisions. They like to invest in people who they believe can make them. Trust me ;)

Their deal was always loan now, loan again in future etc, probably never getting to majority status. Of course we're attractive too in terms of already having the stadium etc, but there's not a lot to separate us from teams in the next tier in their eyes because they (in all honesty) had probably only passing knowledge of football in England.

6. Wackyjacky

Wackyjacky Well-Known Member

I'm sure he's said previously the only 'other' people than FPP that he was close to a deal with was Campbell but it wasn't right for the club. So it would have to be him and judging by his struggle to buy both Falkirk and Chesterfield I'll be surprised if he can afford us.

7. Comfy

Comfy Well-Known Member

And why did they add a company on companies house with the sol as their address. Something is not sitting right with what he has said, I say it again he has lied before

8. Kittenmittons

I get junk mail for my investors because they use our address. They do it because they are extraordinarily wealthy and don't want their address in the public domain. Remember the honours list last week? Think that...

9. Comfy

Comfy Well-Known Member

Then why register a company in their name ?

10. Kittenmittons

Because they wanted to do due diligence and if they went ahead with an investment or acquisition, it is simpler to attribute all of the costs of that + everything else to their SAFC related activities. It also takes 5 minutes online.

As you may have noticed about Donald, wealthy people like to use companies to facilitate purchases too, as the liability is not passed on to them in the event that something goes tits up at any stage.

11. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

The problem with listening to Donald is he contradicts what he has said a few sentences previously. Is he lying with his first statement or his second statement? Listening to the bloke and trying to make sense of it is like doing a cryptic crossword.

Nordic likes this.
  12. Comfy

Comfy Well-Known Member

So have you changed your mind and started believing him cause before I’m sure you slagged his every word.

13. Kittenmittons

I used most of his words to crucify the bloke. As I said when the FPP deal was concluded, if I was prepared to take his admissions in the RR podcasts at face value, I should be prepared to take subsequent ones too. I don't know if you're one of the people who think I'm someone else or what, but I've been pretty ****ing consistent on this :D

14. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

He probably has the Bonko affliction, everyone things he is a liar, cos he makes a statement then a couple of minutes later contradicts himself. This is because they say the 1st thing that comes into their heads, and they are too dim to remember what they have already said. Also they never read briefs or attempt to understand them.

Kittenmittons likes this.
  15. Comfy

Comfy Well-Known Member

I’m a nobody on here mate I come on for the crack. I’m just curious as to why you used to “crucify his words” before then believe his radio interview today.

as I said he has lied to us on other radio interviews and you disbelieved him why change you thought process after this one today

16. Left For Dead

Left For Dead Well-Known Member

This sounds wrong given the recent Donald interview - fpp never going to takeover, care to comment mate?

17. Left For Dead

The likes of Campbell are a disaster - I fear Donald flogging to any no mark now looking for a bit prestige

18. Left For Dead

Absolutely this - but as out support is reactionary we will always turn on folk given a few failings

19. Comfy

Comfy Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t believe a word that Donald says mate, tells to many lies and trips himself up

Smug in Boots likes this.
  20. Left For Dead

We'll be sold to some half arsed millionaire - the dreams of Dell up in flames - fact