1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Scrap Metal

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Support for and helping Ukraine has all been one way up till now sending supplies etc and rightly so, but there's been a development in Cardiff.

With the decimation of over 2.500 Russian tanks, armoured personel and support vehicles, a convoy of empty pickup trucks is heading out of Rover Way.

2. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

I heard it differently and that the trucks were from further west with caravans in tow.

3. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

That one has been abandoned - they couldn't get EU approval for the horses. <ok>

robbiethemole and clingo like this.
  4. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Bunch of neigh sayers

5. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

<laugh>

6. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Don't understand this thread......there's a load of scrap metal rusting away just on the edge of Swansea. It will be easier on the horses!!!!

clingo and ccfcremotesupport like this.
  7. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

This is one of the funniest threads ever, but nowhere near as funny as yesterday's 0-4 score line.

Don't give up the day jobs. That's assuming any of you have gainful employment.

Apologies for being a tad rusty with my satire.

<laugh><cheers>

swantastic likes this.
  8. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

I'm retired now which means painful unemployment <laugh>.
    But I'm more concerned about you posting at 4am! Hope everything is ok and that there's no I'll health behind your apparent insomnia <ok>

robbiethemole and LIBERTARIAN like this.
  9. LIBERTARIAN

I'm often abroad at that hour, or even earlier. Too much black coffee during the day. But thanks for the concern.

Never lonely though. Sinatra, Fitzgerald, Washington, Holiday, and the like, all keep me company. <cheers>

clingo likes this.
  10. LIBERTARIAN

You lot need some new material.

Scrap, horses, rust, caravans, etc., are so very Jon Hughes.

Let's bring you up to date.

Tan was asked if he intends to accommodate any Ukrainians.

" Of course ", he replied, " one must do what one can. But definitely no cheques ". <whistle>

swantastic likes this.

11. robbiethemole

robbiethemole Well-Known Member

Bloody hell Vetch, don’t hear from you for months and then only come to gloat? Nothing changes over the years.
    FOA nin, we scored again in added time yesterday, in the 99th minute as Blackburn were going down like flies claiming cramp and stuff. Time wasting of the highest order, but karma again for us. I’ve lost count of how many that is now, but it’s like “Fergie” time of old

clingo likes this.
  12. LIBERTARIAN

Moi, " gloat ". You are confusing me with somebody else, methinks. <cheers>

It's just not true that " nothing changes over the years ", as I am older, and many who regularly post on here, are no wiser. <laugh>

13. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Excellent choices of company. Can also recommend the Tony Bennett/Lady Gaga duets. Great jazz and swing and a good selection on YouTube.

LIBERTARIAN likes this.
  14. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

The timing of your equaliser did raise a smile on a dismal afternoon. How's Cuba?

15. LIBERTARIAN

Had the great pleasure of seeing Tony Bennett in the Capitol Cinema, I think it was called, back in the late '80's.
    Sat in the stalls, row six, or thereabouts.
    £ 8.00 a ticket. Those were the days.

I saw them on TV recently, and they are very good, even though I tend not to go for the duet recordings.

I was given the first Sinatra Duets CD when it first came out. The giver knew I was a massive fan.
    It stank from start to finish, and I was embarrassed to even have it my possession.
    I took it to Smiths in Newport, and got chatting to the lady behind the counter.
    After a while I produced the offending item, looked sad, told her I didn't have the receipt, and begged her to give me something else, anything else, as a replacement.
    " It is awful " she said, with a sexy twinkle in her eyes.
    She gave a refund, bless her. <laugh>

Happy listening, cling.

clingo likes this.
  16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Morning Vetch - I've chosen not to vist your forum for many a year now, though some regard the fact that you beat us as full justification for paying a visit over here. That's just the way it is - no problem. You're welcome to chip in if only to get some posts on here......<laugh>

Such is the nature of football forums and those who inhabit them. If you'd lost, we wouldn't have seen any of you for dust - c'est la vie. <ok>

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  17. LIBERTARIAN

Bore da, sparkey. Good to know you are still talking to me.

I tend to avoid 606 nowadays, often disappearing for long periods. The number, and quality of posters has diminished down the years, leaving too many spouting the same crap day in and day out. Anger and bitterness tend to take priority over commonsense, and humour. That's not to dismiss all posters, but I think you get my drift. Every forum has them.

The main problem with most posters is that they take everything so seriously, and personally. If their team wins, they are cock a hoop, but if their team loses, their world has virtually come to an end. All a bit pathetic really. If people had worthwhile lives, and an identity other than a football Club one, they would see football for what it is, and get a bit more pleasure out of interacting on these forums.

It used to be a pleasure popping on to your board, tongue in cheek, looking for reciprosity, but it all became so spiteful, and pointless.

Which is not to say, win or lose, that I won't be back. <cheers><laugh><peacedove>

18. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

I would prefer dust to Vetch. You get more sense from dust. Thankfully I've blocked the miserable tw@t so don't suffer his rancid cr@p. <ok>

19. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

No problem with any of that from my point of view Vetch - it's only a game. I don't bother with the jack board for the same reasons.

I will say though I didn't find it necessary to pay a visit over there when you got stuffed 4-0 by the Blades and 5-1 by Fulham recently, but there you go - whatever floats your boat. <ok>

20. LIBERTARIAN

Thank you for your kind words. I expect no less from you.

But I feel you have been too generous in your rapturous exhortations. <laugh>

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022