1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Scotty Parker...

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by good kop red kop, May 17, 2011.

1. good kop red kop

good kop red kop Active Member

Evening All. I've been away overseas for the past three weeks but logging in from time to time. Just wanted to know what everyone thinks about Scotty Parker joining the Reds, now that the Happy Hammers are down.

It's been a story that hung around for while, but wondered how you guys would feel about him joining the club?

2. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Wouldn't want him, he's old and to be honest, I don't rate him as a footballer. He stands out in a poor West Ham team.

We already have a couple of hungry ball winners in Lucas and Spearing - we need some composure and quality in central midfield.

3. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

I agree there's not really a place for him. But at £5 million I think we can find one. Poulsen out, Parker in?

4. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

Too old,and looked good in a poor West Ham team.A little bit like Bryan Robson at Man United in the 80s.Stood out as being the star player but when the personel improved in the early 90s,didn't stand out as much.Parker looked pretty poor for Chelsea because he was surrounded by top players.Man United fans rate Robson highly but for me,He was nothing more than a poor man's overpriced Jimmy Case.Robson was offered to Liverpool by West Brom in 1981,Bob Paisley said no thanks as he already had the best reserve side in England.

5. -jordan-

-jordan- Guest

**** not good enough for a top side..overrated all season and only got poty because hes english and tries hard

6. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

Probably too old. I think we are O.K in centre midfield anyway. Good player though.

7. KingPepeReina.

Same reason why Bryan Robson was rated so highly in the 80s,because he was the stand-out in a Man United team that contained rubbish like Arnold Muhren,Jesper Olsen,Gordon Strachan and Ray ''The crab'' Wilkins.

8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Good player but too old now.

9. Four2Three1©

Four2Three1© Active Member

The United Obsession continues <whistle>

10. KingPepeReina.

United obsession continues.
    No it doesn't.
    Robson like Parker looked good alongside crap players.Robson would never have made it alongside quality like Souness and Case and McMahon and Molby and Whelan.He as I said would have been not good enough for Roy Evans all conquering Liverpool reserve side of the late 70s and 80s.A reserve side that in 9 seasons were champions 7 times and runners up twice,a reserve side that once contained Everton Legends Kevin Sheedy and Dave Watson.Ian Rush and Ronnie Whelan started in it before making their mark in the first team in 1981.

11. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

from a manc on the lfc board

please log in to view this image

12. Four2Three1©

There's a slight difference between:
    -commenting on your board(me), and
    -commenting about your team on every board I visit (KPR).

Surely even you can realise this?

I've probably posted on 6/7 Prem teams' boards.
    What's your point?

13. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

A point well made Hash. four2three wake up mate! I know the Pool board is better than yours, but remember your place!

Anyway...

I think having Parker would mean Spearing wouldn't get too many games. But all this talk of being too old is bollocks, we would only pay around 6mill for him. He is worth it in terms of costs. What we don't have compared to those above us is strength in depth. Having him on the bench as an option I think would be excellent.

I suppose you could say he's too old in terms of our blueprint for new players, but I think this is a time where we break the mould.

Get him. Sell Poulsen.

14. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

if you cant see the irony fair enough , im not here to educate you <ok>

15. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

lol ouch!

16. Four2Three1©

Where's the irony?

Ohhh right, anyone who posts on another team's board is obsessed.
    Sorry didn't know.
    Thanks for clearing it up <ok>

17. KingPepeReina.

Four.
    I was making a comparison.
    Firstly I'm entitled to my opinion that I never rated Robson.He was an average player in a poor team and looked good in it.Peter Reid another average player would have looked world class alongside dross like Wilkins and Strachan.

18. Four2Three1©

Fair enough
    Just find it interesting that 2/3 of your posts are about United.. That's all.

Was really a just a little joke to be honest, but obviously it's a touchy subject with you guys so yeah, whatever.

19. robin_van_ fiberglass

robin_van_ fiberglass Active Member

If you aren't obsessed by united KPR then why do you talk about them all the time?

20. BringBackfootie

BringBackfootie New Member

Way I see it.

This is where negative United comments belong, or should we post them all on the yernited board???

Since you are trolling this board, 1 it is better than your board or 2 you are looking for conflict if you are jumping on united posts and counting them. If it is just good debate you're after, see 1.

My god, United fans are the dumbest twats ever, always moaning about negative united posts on the "liverpool" board, omfg really? I'm shocked!. it is exaclty where they belong I would think.
    I was on the yernited board the day after the blackburn game and there was plenty of negative LFC comments, but not many liverpool fans moaning about them, countering is fine, but this colliky moaning from overactive losers is rich, not naming any names but grow a set guys