1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Scott Dann £5.7m

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by parkersafc, Aug 10, 2012.

1. parkersafc

parkersafc Active Member

Is the latest bid apparently but Blackburn want £6m. Id rather we just popped a bit more money in for Fletcher and get that done than spend 6m on a centre back.

2. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

I'm confused as **** by our dealings now.

If he comes in I hope Bramble (Big wages) goes out. Doubt it mind.

3. poolie_mackem

poolie_mackem Well-Known Member

shows a lack of imagination with regards to new signings, the lad is very average

5.7m!! Would rather Laing was brought into the first team set up as I like what I have seen of the lad, he looks a canny player.

there is better options in the prem and other leagues around europe than wasting 5.7m on Scott Dann!

4. Eat Sleep Watch F1 Repeat

I'm not having a dig here but Martin O'Neill showed people when he was at Villa that he wastes money.

5. Disco down under

He can waste as much money as he wants if we finish sixth over the next couple of yours like he did at Villa.

6. Ammy

Ammy Active Member

Think he'd be a good backup for you at best, however you could do a hell of a lot better for the price. The only thing that concerns me about you for next season is your targets, not the step up in quality that you need to push on.

7. Eat Sleep Watch F1 Repeat

But risk facing money problems long term?

8. Disco down under

Problem is we're concentrating far too much on long term success at the moment. We've seen no short term thinking at all.

9. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Why are you being linked (key word there, nothing is real until it appears on your club website.) with players who got relegated two years in a row. This would be a worry for me personally. Dann is not exactly going to set the heather alight.

10. Redandwhiteoxford

I've been saying it for ages, MON is not the best (nor the worst) in the transfer market. Reo-coker 8.7 million from west ham to villa..... I'm concerned I'm telling you..

11. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Question is, did he have financial control at Villa AND does he have it with you guys too? With us, the board determines the value but the manager draws up the list. Still, player wise, it does not look too good. However, newspapers lie!!

12. T.P

T.P Member

Why do people keep bringing up MONs bad buys. Every manager makes mistakes in the transfer market, SAF as made plenty. It's what his teams do on the pitch what counts, and his teams normally do very well. I'm confident this will be the case at SAFC aswell.

13. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

What this ^ man said, no way we should be looking at him

14. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I'm with Poolie mind, Laing should be moved up, at least to the bench, next season.

People seem to knock MON's signings, but that Villa team was excellent, Milner, Downing, Young etc weren't shabby signings, and all were moved on for great profits.

I do agree though that the players we are being LINKED with (as our friend from Tyneside points out), are way below what I'd be hoping for.

15. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

The only position at the back that needs addressing is lb, which frees up rico as the utility player most clubs crave, i actually think this paper talk is utter garbage. Rw and strikers is all we need at the moment. Then and only then should we look to strengthen (and dann wouldnt imo) in other areas.

16. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Can't argue with that, the only way we need another CB is if either a) Titus or Killa go, or b) they are a HUGE improvement, Dann isn't.