1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Say No to Hull Tigers

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Obadiah, Sep 21, 2013.

1. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

...at another ground...with another name...

2. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Then stop provoking it and, like Obadiah, engage in the discussion.

3. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Well, that lasted less than the other times you said it didn't it? <laugh><doh>

4. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Can anyone explain why some rugby loving football hating simple minded almost fossilised dinosaurs would give a flying **** about their least favourite team being called Hull Tigers instead of Hull City?

Really, not a single **** will be given on their part, in fact they'll probably enjoy it due to its result of pissing off a large part of our fan base.

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Why not, they could all be done for the same spurious reasons.

6. John. Walkington.

John. Walkington. Active Member

Has there been any suggestion of this, or are you also dreaming this up?

7. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It all depends where someone draws the boundary of what "The Club" is.

I reckon it should make reference to what and where it is and what and where it represents. So, it's a Club in the City known as Hull and it plays Association Football. What's a succinct name to represent all that?

8. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Apologies to the rest reading this, I know he doesn't like people disagreeing with him. But I can't stop myself.

9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

It hasn't been suggested at all.

I'm merely asking the question, if people are happy to accept a name change on the basis that they swallow the increased revenue nonsense, then presumably they would accept the kit change for the same reason?

10. John. Walkington.

John. Walkington. Active Member

This thread looks to be turning into the OLM and DMD mutual appreciation society. <laugh>

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I'm glad you apologised for that post, it was a complete crock of ****.

Do you ever actually post about our football team?

It's just occurred to me, that I don't remember any of your posts that weren't either you bitching about marches, or trying(and failing miserably), to join in Carmine and Hazz's Lonsdale/Brut conversations.

12. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

As no one can explain why the council should give a ****, I'm guessing I'm on the money here.

13. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

I know, it seems some people know what buttons to push to get a response. The thread as moved from us raising over a £1,000 pounds (all paid in cash) to discussion about balloons, Melton, Tigers, enagaging in discussion. None of which detracts from the simple fact that those opposed to the name will be campaigning in the future to remain Hull City AFC. I'm sure this discussion will be one we all come back to in the future.

14. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Obadiah, you have the essence of my point. I believe many are disgruntled with the change and see it as a pointless exercise which is only being done at the whim of the owner of the club; the reasons for the change are something that really doesn’t affect them so why become upset about it. If you were to read my back-posts on the subject you would discover that I am vigorously against any change, including dropping AFC; were my position has shifted is that I have grown to believe that any protest is futile, although still necessary.

I will not waste my time responding to DMD to justify figures, my point was a general one and an opinion, the only figure I used was the 16,000 dependable gate from last season – not something worthy of nit-picking. I do believe that the campaign ‘activists’ (and I do not use that term in any derogatory way) are in the minority, I believe they will struggle with a prolonged campaign as, tactically, that plays into the hands of AA who has the same opportunity to influence the outcome, but with far more clout. As I have said previously (how dare I repeat it <whistle> ), I believe that reasonable in-ground protest is the way forward, it is visible and it would reach a wider audience; I also believe, that if the weight of opinion is so heavily against the change, that all routine co-operation between supporter-groups and the club should be suspended and a unified statement produced that will attract media attention. But is there really that unified weight of opinion. Selective communication could take place between these groups and the club, or better still a coalition of nominated representatives, to try and resolve what is claimed to be a huge void between the supporters and the club.

Like many, I travel extensively with my job and speak to lots of folk and they mostly find it all a bit of a fuss really and not something they have a strong view about, one way or another.

Despite the inane postings of DMD, I will continue to support the campaign, but I will reserve the right to give my opinion in open forum, when and how often I see fit.

15. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Do you get some sort of a kick from this? Can you not see that you are doing exactly what you lambast others for supposedly doing, repeating your posts to the level of tedium? Stop it and let folk discuss their thoughts.

16. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Exactly.

17. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Nope, it bores me and others silly. I wish you'd just move on and stop trying to invent problems and issues to justify your obsession.

NOBODY is stopping people posting their opinions.

18. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

Fez we have a number of audiences but only two really matter. Assem Allam could say he's changed his mind after listening to the fans. I'm sure if he used the words The Tigers in big bold font in any Asian campaign with Hull City AFC in small font nobody would complain.

Alternatively he could follow Everton's example and ask us and agree to abide by the result.

The other body that matters is the Premier League. Assem Allam must show he has consulted the fans. If we can show any consultation was a sham they may refuse the application.

If we don't do anything we lose the one thing that binds our footballing community together. The thread that ties those fans calling us City to Canada Tiger's generation who call us Tigers. We need both words, but not in one title. Hull City AFC is our name for Sunday best, whilst City and/or The Tigers are our everyday names.

19. mostynthecat

mostynthecat Active Member

with regards to OLM's "silly" suggestion that what happens if we change our kit to red (using the Cardiff example) or move our ground (presume referring to MK Dons). Firstly if we are going to be called the Tigers - unless I have missed something in nature Tigers are black and amber so the kit colour is safe. As for the moving of ground - erm if we are the Hull Tigers why would we play outside of Hull.

What is interesting this morning is Mr Wenger being interested in Barnet as a feeder club. Now Papa, if we go down the feeder club route (if it does come to pass), will be even more determined about the name change because then our feeder club can also be called (and looking at Conference Premier there are 2 possibles) either Lincoln Tigers or Grimsby Tigers - meaning it is easily identifiable which club is associated with the mighty Hull Tigers.

20. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

We already have a feeder club, Manchester United Football Club.

Obviously we should be shortening the name, they'd never achieve any global recognition with such a long name.

Man Tigers vs Man Hunters at the Canal Street Stadium. Wonderful