1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic SAVE Jeremy Clarkson Campaign

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by johnnywarksmoustache, Mar 11, 2015.

1. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

You can make racist jokes pinch ladies bums and deck people in the workplace just like the 1970s just as long as nobody makes a complaint.
    Obviously the producer complained .

2. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Newsnight, famously helmed by Jeremy Paxman, a self-confessed 'one nation' Tory ... I've watched it a few times.

3. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

And you've never done any of these things?

4. johnnywarksmoustache

You obviously never saw the interview with Michael Howard then! <doh>

5. SUPERNORWICH 23

If I punched an employee I would have been suspended then fired for gross misconduct.
    Clarkson has already been warned over the racist comments about Mexicans and the Eany meany song dropping the "N bomb".
    He thought he was bigger than the BBC and could act how he wanted but even they had to act at common assault.
    His contract expires in a month and the Beeb will be heavily out of pocket by canning the final 2 episodes but they had no choice.
    After the Savile scandal they wouldn't dare cover up for another out of control Icon.

6. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

From Stewart Francis:

Saw a show called Last of the Summer Wine. If you haven’t seen it, it’s about three creepy old guys who roam the countryside trying to be funny and failing miserably. No, Top Gear, it’s called Top Gear!

<laugh><ok>

7. Nuggets

Okay Warky, a bit of research has dug up this:

Chris Patten, former Chairman of the BBC Trust (2011-2014), stood as a Conservative MP.
    Andrew Neil, Chairman of the right-wing Spectator Magazine.
    Daily Politics Editor, Robbie Gibb, is a former Chief of Staff to former Tory member Francis Maude.
    Nick Robinson, as mentioned, former Conservative Youth member and Chief Political Commentator for the BBC.
    Guto Harri, former BBC Political Correspondent, was appointed Boris Johnson's Communications Director.
    David Dimbleby, a former Bullingdon Club member and Conservative.
    Jeremy Paxman, privately-educated and confessed Conservative.

As for that Paxman interview, it's well-known he was stalling for time when he repeated that question, and that was going quite easy on Michael Howard who, bless him, was completely out of his depth. See Paxman's interviews with Tony Blair for some hard-hitting journalism.

8. Nuggets

That Stewart Lee stand-up is hilarious, and surprisingly apt. "It's just a joke, like on Top Gear!"

9. SUPERNORWICH 23

Stewart Lee or Francis ?

please log in to view this image

ncgandy likes this.
  10. Cruyff's Turn

Cruyff's Turn Well-Known Member

Loving this thread. Congrats to me old mucker JWM for coming up with a real crackerrr. (It's the way he tells 'em) Many men have heroes who climb into Spitfires and shoot Nazis into the English Channel,or they sail some decrepit boat to the Antarctic and hike to the South Pole and heroically freeze their bollox off. JWM's hero socks some little Paddy half his size for offering him the charcuterie platter rather than a T-bone. Jezza is truly a hero of the celebrity age. (Enter a pair of light bulb headed Geordies to commentate)

Bigalreigned likes this.

11. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

It might have been just a friendly punch in the kidneys that was misinterpreted....<laugh>

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  12. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

Some people can't get offended quick enough with some of the things Clarkson/Top Gear do or say, but if he has hit his producer then he can't continue to be employed. No Matter how much he may or may not be missed. Yes, Top Gear is heavily scripted, but all entertaining shows are and you can't easily reproduce the same relationship between any random three presenters. I was thinking of this yesterday when discussing potential replacements, my conclusion was you would have to replace all three and "re-boot" the whole show. Even then you couldn't guarantee the same success, I've never even been tempted to watch American Top Gear.

I do agree with Warky that there needs to be some consistency with how BBC employees are treated, anyone tax avoiding or accused of anything illegal should be instantly suspended.

On the BBC Bias debate - I think that the fact that everybody seems to think that the BBC is biased towards the opposite political wing shows it's relatively well balanced.

itfcptc likes this.
  13. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Like Clarkson/ hate Clarkson it's KEY the BBC keep him. Top Gear is their biggest money spinner, and is shown in over 200 countries world wide.

If they don't, sky will have him.

Sadly Clarkson is untouchable! People love him, the BBC will need to ensure he's kept.

14. johnnywarksmoustache

Jezza is far bigger than the BBC or indeed any other broadcaster...In The WORLD.

15. Westlake33

Exactly Warky - Some people are. It's all well and good saying " get rid of him bla bla bla " but money talks. Speaks volumes they aren't showing the last two shows. The BBC have to do whatever they can and hang onto Clarkson - end of. Anyone who thinks otherwise has zero idea about viewing figures and economics. The fact over 500,000 people have already signed a petition speaks volumes.

It's a bit like Romario at PSV. He's the only player in Bobby Robson's managerial career he's allowed to do as he pleased. Some games he'd turn up 30 mins before kick offs, other times he would go missing, sometimes he'd do nothing in training. But he'd guarantee you a goal a game alright ....

16. Hoppersblue10

Hoppersblue10 Well-Known Member

I personally think the show will survive without him there are any number of larger than life personalities out there who would jump at the chance to take his drive in the show.....I just want Top Gear back on my TV ASAP.!

17. SUPERNORWICH 23

Chris Evans is a shoe in.

18. Hoppersblue10

Hoppersblue10 Well-Known Member

How about a guest presenter each week.......Roy Keane first up.!

That would be an interesting nights viewing...another punch up on the cards me thinks.!

19. johnnywarksmoustache

Speaking about Cars, Bloody hell Hoppers you were right about those bloody Road Works at Copdock mate! <grr>

Took me ages to get back on Saturday!

20. Westlake33

Chris Evans perhaps, can't think of anyone else that springs out to mind!?