1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic SAVE Jeremy Clarkson Campaign

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by johnnywarksmoustache, Mar 11, 2015.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

All 6.5 Million of them. <laugh>

2. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

No you daft **** i have used amusing charicature villains that by your flawed logic could easily attract admiration from Idiots. <cheers>

3. SUPERNORWICH 23

Or 350, 000

4. johnnywarksmoustache

You do my fecking swede in sometimes mate! <ok> <laugh>

How's things on the Budgie board btw?

5. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

9.1 million people watched the X-Factor Final. Doesn't make it good television and popularity certainly isn't indicative of a programme's quality.

I don't have a problem with people who watch Top Gear, I used to be into it myself and I can see who the 'humour' can appeal to a certain demographic. I don't have a problem with people who like Jeremy Clarkson either, although I find the man's 'banter' and politics completely repugnant. I do have a problem, however, with the hundreds of thousands of people signing a petition just because their 'hero' might finally be getting the sack, when, if the allegations are true, he's done something that's clearly unjustifiable and illegal.

Okay, if it had been for one of those attention-seeking, mildly racist barbs that he sometimes comes out with to boost his profile, then it wouldn't be so bad. But he's apparently hit one of his co-workers over a catering issue. The BBC, which has become progressively more Conservative over the years, were not quite so quick to pull their punches when Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand left a voicemail that one time, but oh no, it's something else when a presenter, with a litany of prior misdemeanours, hits a work colleague.

itfcptc likes this.
  6. SUPERNORWICH 23

Gone a bit quiet since we started winning.

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  7. johnnywarksmoustache

Nuggs I'm really surprised that you are spouting all this Bollyx!

8. Nuggets

Blame the parents Warky.

9. SUPERNORWICH 23

Warky you employ people?

If one of your staff punched you in the face would you fire him?

10. johnnywarksmoustache

11. SUPERNORWICH 23

The e petition doesn't mention anything about backing the decision if he is proven to have attacked someone.
    If an employee makes a complaint then he has to be suspended pending investigation like every other workplace or the BBC would get sued.

12. Nuggets

It's now being widely reported that Clarkson hit him. Apparently, it originally came from The Sun (which I'd usually trust as far as I can throw), but as Clarkson's got a column in that rag, and is presumably matey with some of the journalists, we can presume some of Murdoch's journos have Clarkson on speed dial. And 'a source close to' is usually the person himself (or at least it is in the football world according to my, admittedly, very limited experience in the media). Anyway, hasn't James May confirmed it too?

Of course, 'innocent until proven guilty' and all that, but if only those petition-signers practiced what they preached and rested the pens until they got the full facts before them. If it transpires Clarkson has hit a producer, then if I was one of those half a million people that signed the petition, I'd be feeling pretty ashamed.

SUPERNORWICH 23 likes this.
  13. johnnywarksmoustache

Nothing like a bit of context! <doh>

14. Nuggets

Context? As in, context for Clarkson punching a producer? Okay, well, being a man in his position, with the luxuries he has in his life and the presumably 'thick skin' he needs in his industry, I can't imagine what lengths somebody would have to go to get 'Mr. Man of the People' to smack them in the gob. We've been given a 'reason' already, but don't tell me you think Clarkson missing out on his din-dins warrants a beating?

15. SUPERNORWICH 23

If Clarkson punched a member of staff they had to suspend him, saying" we don't care because he's funny " is ridiculous .

itfcptc likes this.
  16. johnnywarksmoustache

An alleged punch is hardly a beating is it! And as for the Beeb getting progressively Conservative is just plain wrong and very bizarre! The Beeb couldn't get any further up Millibands arse!

17. Nuggets

If you want a centre-left news station, watch Channel Four News with Jon Snow. If you want a right-wing slant, watch ITV News or Sky News, or pick up pretty much any national newspaper. The BBC usually strikes a very good middle ground, but to suggest it's 'left wing' is lunacy, in my opinion. Ed Miliband doesn't get an easy ride by any news outlet. I'm not his greatest fan, but he clearly isn't as incompetent as the right-wing media desperately try to make out. The frequent ridicule doesn't stand up to some sensible policies that favour working class people, like myself, otherwise David Cameron would be gladly debating Miliband in a head-to-head debate he's doing everything to avoid.

If any political party is getting preferential treatment and a disproportionate media coverage, it's UKIP.

18. Nuggets

For me, the BBC is getting more conservative in its views. I know the institution has a reputation for giving the governing party at the time an easy ride, but when most of your staff are privately-educated, Oxbridge graduates and your Chief Political Correspondent was a member of the Tory Youth, then you've got to seriously question it's left-wing credentials.

19. johnnywarksmoustache

The Beeb is a The most Left Wing news organisation out there! Their Director of Strategy is a former Labour Cabinet minister for heavens sake. I take it you never bother to watch Newsnight or Question Time?

20. johnnywarksmoustache

You are talking Bollyx mate!