1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Saunders

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

It’s because you didn’t tell him what you’d done, obviously.

<doh>

2. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Its very hard getting the pure stuff now and washing powder was on sale in Costco. At least he can now tell everyone he is keeping his nose clean.

3. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Not a bmw/audi driver then

Delusional Full Stop likes this.
  4. Captainpancakes

Captainpancakes Well-Known Member

im calling for harsher punishments on all crimes and less singling out for unpopular ones

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  5. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Like what? What is an "unpopular" crime? Surely all crimes are unpopular?

Driving a car is one of life's greatest risks so being under the influence by alcohol or drugs should be a serious crime and treated equally. Which is why I would advocate for having speed cameras that are actually hidden and in random locations. Then again, I also believe people who reguarly do not indicate should also be punished.

But, the issue we have is that there are too many people committing the lesser crimes to make bigger punishments warrantable.

My local council upon being asked about speeding down the street I live on replied "we don't care about speeding"

I also think that people who cause harm to the Police should be given the worst possible punishments.
    People disrespecting the police and the laws of this country like Saunders did should be sentenced and made to serve every single minute of that sentence.

Munson. likes this.
  6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Never said otherwise. Hammered or slightly over the limit makes absolutely no difference. If you're over the limit you should not be behind the wheel and deserve to be punished in line with what the law says and if you are a famous person, you should not be treated any differently. He's not on a traffic cop programme. If he was I'd say its tough **** - that's the way the cards fall. Here it would appear the CPS are handing over footage to the press. That might not be how it works, perhaps all cases like this the footage is available. Perhaps someone from the press sits and goes through that footage hoping to find a good example. I honestly don't know how it works. I'm just not sure why this kind of stuff needs to get into the public domain. Surely he can be prosecuted without that? Surely if that is the CPS handing over footage to the press he is being treat differently to the rest of the public which is wrong.

I'm not saying anything is wrong here, I'm just interested how it gets in the public domain. I ain't interested in getting pious either. We all do things we shouldn't at times. I find it interesting like Chaos that we get a lot on here and in the world generally that shout from the rooftops about terrible crimes like this but aren't whiter than whiter in their own lives.

To me this isn't newsworthy. There are far more important things going on in the world. Modern journalism is pathetic.

Munson. likes this.
  7. YAJERK

YAJERK Active Member

I probably disagree, it's hard to tell. I think these sorts of things should be highlighted to the public consciousness because there are more cars on the road, and more arseholes than ever driving.

I think drink driving offences and similar should be all over the media every week, whether the perps are famous or not, because people doing something dangerous behind the wheel kills someone innocent pretty much every day. There needs to be more focus on it as a society.

8. Captainpancakes

Not really theres a few that seem to be overlooked ... nobody makes much noise about dealing or selling things illegally in general , but its all blood money, but hey if it suits them and saves them a few quid who cares right?

9. Warmir Pouchov

That would be different and something I could get behind. If he is not being targeted because he's famous or acted like a prick when caught, but more people are routinely named and shamed whether famous or not, I have no problem with that if it is proven to help reduce the carnage out there.

I'm all for making things safer, as long as we don't creep into a nanny state. Some of my colleagues at work would like to see the age at which you have to retake your test come down. Indeed some think we should all be more tested routinely regardless of age (every 10 years was mentioned). Others have suggested that retaking tests should be mandatory if you've been involved in an accident.

I think its overkill personally. However I don't think enough is done to get bad drivers off the road. Drink is of course only one issue. Speeding is still the biggest killer on the road and yet I see people driving constantly over the limit. A young lad was doing about 60mph near ours the day, its a 20mph area with a massive field and woods nearby populated regularly by kids. We really should get to the root of why the **** thinks that ok. I'm happy to do the interrogation.

10. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

They are in my house:cry:

Schlem Boogerman and Flash like this.

11. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Pouchy says that but I know better <laugh>

Mick O'Toon likes this.
  12. Captainpancakes

If it was gazza itd be oh its so sad to see this ...

13. Warmir Pouchov

She's got AIDs mate. The bad AIDS.

14. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

She has herpes now mate. And scabies :1980_boogie_down: