1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Saturday 31st. July 2021

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Jul 30, 2021.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Saturday's Meetings

Galway Festival
    Flat 8 Races 12-50-4:50p.m.
    Newmarket
    Flat 7 Races 1:00-4:30p.m.
    Glorious Goodwood
    Flat 7 Races 1:20-4:45p.m.
    Doncaster
    Flat 7 Races 1:45-4:37p.m.
    Lingfield(E)
    Flat 7 Races 5:00-8:45p.m.
    Hamilton(E)
    Flat 7 Races 5:45-8:50p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races
    Sporting Life
    Racing Post

Good Luck<ok>

#, Joe_z, Grendel and 1 other person like this.
  2. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Telly Terrors

GW

150 Elysian Flame

225 Baaeed

300 Maydanny

335 Dragon Symbol

410 Mogul

Good luck all <ok>

3. Grecian Mick

Grecian Mick Well-Known Member

Day
    Day late Reebs:)

gazboy likes this.
  4. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

<doh>

karlos5001 likes this.
  5. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

2.00 Galway-Royal Pippen

Each Way @ 18-1 [Paddy Power] 5 places

Ran well here during the week

Grendel, karlos5001 and # like this.
  6. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

15:40 Goodwood - Commanche Falls

(Just an 'interest bet' on the annual cavalry charge which is the Stewards' Cup. Selection having a great season. Connor Beasley takes the ride for the Michael Dods yard. 14/1 general price at time of writing.)

Goodwood final day as tough as ever, so probably best to watch everything. Will take a look at Doncaster and Newmarket later-on. Wish you all an enjoyable Saturday racing, and good luck with your wagers! :emoticon-0167-beer:

Steveo, Reebok, Grendel and 3 others like this.
  7. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

These would have been my Saturday Racing League Selections

1320G Oo de Lally
    1445Nt Portfolio NAP
    1455D Tendentious
    1530D Good Birthday
    1602D Ascot Adventure
    1610G Imperial Fighter

# and Grendel like this.
  8. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

You could spend ages sifting through the Stewards Cup field and probably pick six without finding the winner. William Hill are offering 7 places but I couldn't find one at big odds that appealed as likely to land the win part of an each-way bet.

Hurricane Ivor made a stunning debut when trained in France but flopped next time out. He then seemed hit and miss afterwards. Now with William Haggas he was second to Significantly last time when questionably drawn. Neither of his last two races have worked out so far and he seems short at 6/1 in a field this size,

Fresh ran a cracker in the Wokingham and he has improved 20 lbs since this time last year. I prefer him to Hurricane Ivor but again the odds are skinny.

Summerghand won this last season and is only 1 lb higher despite landing a Group 3 this season, the stable are in good form,

Punchbowl Flyer has won three of his last four starts but has 6 lbs extra for his latest win, which makes life tougher.

Commanche Falls is another up by 20 lbs since last season and he has won 7 of his 15 races to date.

Zarzyni was tried highly as a youngster in Ireland and is still feasibly handicapped with the 6 lbs penalty based on his former best rating in Ireland.

Ejtilaab is another on the up but has hit quite a tough mark on 104 for new trainer Charlie Fellowes.

Meraas was fancied last season for this race. He was 6th then but now finds himself 3 lbs lower after what might seem an exercise in lowering his mark since then to sceptical eyes.

Great Ambassador has improved for the move to Ed Walker and is unexposed. He has a look of being laid out for this after a third to Chil Kite last time. Looked like he was still learning about the game that day and had been impressive at Kempton in March, quickening to come away from his field,

Bielsa started his career in terrific fashion and has looked better this season than last. I just wonder if he is a few pounds too high in the ratings.

Conclusion:- The draw seemed inconclusive in last season's race. Odds have to be taken into account for me and despite the 7 places each-way I would rather do one at bigger odds and take 6 places.

Great Ambassador struck me as one with more to come. He hasn't improved as markedly as some but they are reaching a level where it is harder to keep finding more. Zarzyni looked like a horse who could make the first six places at 25/1 for the Barron stable. He ran behind Armory and Lope Y Fernandez as a 2YO and after a disappointing season last year, seems to be going the right way since leaving Mick Halford's stable.

3.40 Goodwood Great Ambassador 15/2 win only. Zarzyni 25/1 EW (Places 1,2,3,4,5,6)

Good luck if playing.

karlos5001, SwanHills, # and 2 others like this.
  9. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

20:50 Hamilton - Chinese Spirit

(Only 8-runners but a very tricky handicap nevertheless. Probably selection's last race, at this track, came too soon after previous run (5-days) so, in spite of that, did well to finish 2nd. The previous run, again at this course, was encouraging as he kept on well to finish 2nd again. 3lb. claimer, Harry Russell, gets the ride for the Linda Perratt yard who are in good form at present. 11/2 is readily-available at time of writing.)

# and karlos5001 like this.
  10. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Hi horsey peeps. Today's Telly avoiders are ............. not the same as yesterday <doh>

GW
    120 Master Zoffany
    155 Power Over Me
    230 My Frankel
    305 Wonderful Tonight
    340 Commanche Falls ew 7 places Skybet 14-1 (sorry Swanny!)

Nmkt
    210 Symphony Perfect
    245 Portfolio

Pretty much all ew and my picks if Saturday comp was running, leaving out Wonderful Tonight.

Good luck all <ok>

Steveo, #, Grecian Mick and 1 other person like this.

11. Grecian Mick

Afternoon all, will be having a few bets today and here are the ones to avoid.

1.35 New AL SIMMO 5/2
    2.45 New SAYYIDA 9/4
    3.55 New FINAL WATCH (2 from 2 over c/d) 7/2
    4.02 Don POPMASTER 9/4

At Goodwood there are a few I like but last night I thought I would just follow one jockey instead and my dart landed on Tom Marquand. Has some good looking rides and as Skybet go several extra places in the races most are of course ew singles.

# likes this.
  12. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Power Over Me and Boundless Power have form in these conditions in the next at Goodwood. That ground looks more soft/heavy than good/soft.

13. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

It may be pocket talk but Symphony Perfect was hampered a few times there. May not have won, but would have placed I think

14. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

5th

Reebok likes this.
  15. Grendel

The 4.10 Goodwood sees two colts who were 2nd and 4th when they first raced meet again. Oddly enough it was the horse who was 4th and beaten two and a half lengths by the other that lines up at the shorter odds this time.

Khanjar represents William Haggas and he is by Kodiac, He didn't get a clear run that day and was keeping on in 4th place. Flying Secret is from the Johnson Houghton stable and the son of Showcasing did well to finish second in the same race, given that the winner and third had previous experience. He didn't get the clearest of runs either and finished two and a half lengths ahead of the Haggas runner in going down by half a length to the winner. I feel he is the value at 9/2, with Khanjar at 3/1 with ground to make up.

Newcomer Ring Of Beara has been supported and is vying for favouritism. The Richard Hughes colt is by Wootton Bassett and changed hands for 200,000 guineas as a yearling. Maybe he is smart and Ryan Moore is doing the steering but too short for me at 3/1 and I thought Flying Secret was the value at 9/2 with scope for improvement.

4.10 Goodwood Flying Secret 9/2

SwanHills and # like this.
  16. Grecian Mick

Gutted, I’ve backed Mr Wagyu the last 4 times he ran and deserted him today. Anyway this next race at Goodwood could be anyone’s however I’ve gone ew on last years winner HOCHFELD at 50/1.

# and Reebok like this.
  17. Grendel

My previous selection Buckaroo was out today bit not worth sticking up here at Evens. Joseph O'Brien's colt held off his father's horse Stone Age by a neck with the pair six lengths clear of the rest. I doubled Buckaroo with Nectaris in the 3.13 at Galway. The Harrington horse has been 2nd and 3rd so far and I felt he was the one to beat at about 7/4 today. Fingers crossed.

# likes this.
  18. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

My best each way bet was Zarzyni in the Stewards Cup…..
    Oh well <laugh>

19. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

Also got each way bets on Great Ambassador, Major Jumbo, Bielsa, Lampang and Mr Lupton

20. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

woohoo ... had to wait for the last race but ..... woohoo Commanche :)

Bustino74, Steveo, # and 1 other person like this.