1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Saturday 26th. September 2020

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Leave it :)

Resurgam likes this.
  2. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

****ing hell! How did High Definition win that Curragh race?

3. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Leave it

Resurgam likes this.
  4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

All or nothing.

Resurgam likes this.
  5. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Good call, Grendel. Terrific performance by High Definition. A very nice ante-post bet too. Bravo! <ok>

Pilgrim, Grendel and Reebok like this.
  6. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Last one for me ...... a win for Tempus will net me a £467 profit on the day unless I cash in for £72 ... which I won't!
    An ew 5 places Data Protection.at 50-1

7. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Good run from Lucander in 2nd, but that winner was a handicap blot

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bloody hell, didn't see that coming. Easiest win since Prince de Galles, that I remember

9. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

BUGGER!!

10. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Me too Res :D

11. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

Mini boooom today... 2nd, 3rd and 8th. I actually did good birthday 8 places not 7. Must have selected wrong column. Settle for that though..:emoticon-0148-yes:

12. stick

stick Bumper King

Shout.

Shocking ride on Jay Jay Reilly

SwanHills likes this.
  13. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Looked like the horse was barely broken in!

14. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

Another luckless run, this time losing the race at the start<steam>

15. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Won. SP 12/1.

CaptainPops, Ron, Reebok and 5 others like this.
  16. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

.....and never had a flipping penny on it. Sometimes, this P2P form is well worth considering. Well done Pilgrim, btw! <ok>

Pilgrim likes this.
  17. Daddy Pig

Daddy Pig Active Member

Wild flower in the lucky last

18. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Awsaaf 16/1 ew 4 places for me

Pilgrim likes this.
  19. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

An amazing win from the rear by High Definition. I thought staying is going to be his game and my heart sank when he was sitting so far back off what looked like a crawl. Coming to the business end he made up a little ground but seemed too far off the pace. He kept coming and I thought he might finish a running on 3rd, then maybe an unlucky second but he got up in a late burst that wasn't good for the nerves.

10/1 for the Derby in the aftermath, he looks like staying will be his game and the trainer said they will probably put him away for the year now and perhaps make his reappearance in one of next year's 2000 Guineas races. 16/1 for the mile classic looks too short based on the way he won the Beresford and the jockey will have to be more alert than he was dawdling along at the back in a race won in a time more than nine seconds slow, which was by far the slowest run race on the card. He will need to be much more positively ridden in a Guineas. Promising showing and the trainer stated that he's a big striding colt who is one to really look forward to.

The Cheveley Park and Middle Park were uninspiring. I had tipped up Alcohol Free last time when she was runner up in the Group 3 Dick Poole but felt she was too short at 7/2 this time and I didn't play on the race. She scrambled home but it looked a mediocre renewal. I don't know what Sacred was doing in the race, as she didn't last the 6F when last tried at it and unsurprisingly didn't get home, with an even more emphatic display of not staying. Surely the trainer will take the hint now and hard to believe that Sacred was once the 25/1 Favourite for the 1000 Guineas earlier in the season.

Supremacy's form had been shot to bits since he won the Richmond but he did win that Goodwood race easily. I fancied him for the Morny but they pulled him out for fear of soft ground and it was left to Campanelle to land the French Group 1 race. It looked like he was there to be shot at in the Middle Park but he kept pulling out more to fend off Lucky Vega, with Minzaal coming from the back to finish third. I have seen some sentiment that Minzaal was given too much to do and that he is the one to take from the race but I can't buy into that because I thought he had ample time to get rolling and just didn't pick up well enough. His Gimcrack win looked overrated at the time and it hasn't worked out well since. Tactical was 4th and ran to about his OR and I feel he is about a 105 rated colt and stuck at about that level. The saddle slipped forward badly on Method after 2F and he had to run the next half mile with the jockey up near the neck and unsurprisingly he had to stop riding and was tailed off. Sadly we didn;t get a chance to see what he can do but I have read some feeling that Method remains as a potential Group 1 colt.

Hard to imagine the race having a bearing on next year's 2000 Guineas and that has been the case with this race even in years when there was a dominant winner.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  20. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

12/1 Sun Rising Hill, some SP after being 5/1. Hope it was a Best Odds job for you.

I didn't back anything in the Cambridgeshire. I was waiting to see if King Leonidas would take up his entry but I think something went amiss with him after he was disappointing in the Jersey Stakes. A mate of mine reckoned Al Ruffa was Gosden's horse for the race but he was god awful and it is unusual to see the trainer with a 20/1 shot in the race given his record.

Pilgrim likes this.