1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Saturday 17th. Feb. 2018

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

‘They’ll be having it off’

Not sure where this says I had a bet on Presenting Percy?

2. Bostonbob

‘Paying for their week at cheltenham.’

Not my week at Cheltenham. I’m set for that ta very much.

3. Bostonbob

Once again you’re just desperate to try to catch me out so you’re inferring whatever you want to fit your agenda.

I said what I was betting on yesterday and he smashed up a decent field and now I go on holiday for free this Summer and don’t have to think about where my Cheltenham Festival bank is coming from.

Cheerio Pops

4. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

Sounds like you 're just trying that little bit too hard to justify yourself Boston :emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm

I 'll leave it there...

Kodiac's Front likes this.
  5. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Not one of my cliffs, in fact I don't remember ever backing it. Including Saturday <doh>

6. beeforsalmon

beeforsalmon Well-Known Member

I don’t think I’ve been more impressed by a chaser this season bar Footpad than WAITING PATIENTLY. They took no prisoners in that race, the jumping was thoroughly tested and he’s just cruised through some good animals and made them look pretty ordinary. Really hope they go for the Ryanair, can understand them wanting to do the right thing by the animal, but does seem churlish to say the track mightn’t suit it they ain’t tried him there? From memory his first race this season was on a fairly undulating track and he’d no issues there. If the grounds too quick that’s fair enough not to run though personally I think gd/soft, soft in places should be a minimal ‘softness’ to run jumping horses on, not Claisses gd/soft bollocks where it’s like a road by the bumper... Doesn’t seem logical to wait to Aintree or Punchestown either as the ground surely will be even firmer by then. Hopefully there’s some showers during the week and they let the horse take his chance.

floridaspearl, Pilgrim and Reebok like this.
  7. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Unless the ground is soft the horse will not run in any way.

8. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

A good way of judging his performance is to pretend he wasn't in the race. You'd then have Cue Card beating two mid-160 horses by about 15 lengths and everyone marvelling at his best performance for years, possibly back to his very best. Then you put Waiting Patiently back in and remember how he cruised past Cue Card at the 2nd last with Hughes looking round for dangers. (Not at all putting them on a par, but you get the same effect when you watch Frankel's Juddmonte International - take him out of the race and St Nicholas Abbey, and Farrhh fighting out a stirring finish having pulled well clear of Twice Over. Then you put Frankel back in 7 lengths clear of that pair and just think wow!)

I think it is the ground more than the track (Carlisle is quite up and down, but more galloping than Cheltenham) and he is a very well balanced horse so I don't think Cheltenham would disadvantage him. If anything I'd look at the Melling Chase if it came up soft. Not sure Punchestown but the King George has to be his big target next season.

9. Doalittle

Doalittle Well-Known Member

Or a 12 year old Cue Card beating Frodon who's mark was highly inflated for winning a handicap by having it run to suit (Been rated low 150s for nine previous runs) and Top Notch who didn't like the ground. Not knocking what he did, he was visually impressive but even just looking at Cue Card finishing second having pushed that pace would rise doubts about the form.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  10. Bostonbob

<laugh>

11. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

so timeform are also fooled , jesus wept man , it was a very honest race , cue card almost back to his best and you're looking for excuses to find fault , not pocket talk with that abysmal performance from Coney Island that you were bigging up pre race ? he's the one with the dodgy form , not the northern star !

Bostonbob likes this.
  12. Bostonbob

Even at 152 he’s put up a 170 performance if you use Frodo’s normal mark and that puts him in the top 5 chasers in racing.

I get why he’s barking up this tree but it’s just a daft argument.

13. Doalittle

What am I pocket talking?

Are you actually using a 12 year old who forced a really strong pace and still finished second to justify the form?

14. stick

stick Bumper King

They were promised a second coming. He came. Not all believed.

Bostonbob likes this.
  15. stick

stick Bumper King

Anyone going to chuck in that the ultra reliable 4th who is rated 164 over fences was beaten 20 lengths plus <whistle>

Bostonbob likes this.
  16. Doalittle

Ground.

17. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

ok , you put up coney island so i assumed you'd backed it , but Cue Card is a special horse , blows hot and cold ,he was on fire in that race and would have won , deservedly apart from the new star on the block !

18. Doalittle

Ya I backed it. He didn't run a race. What's that got to do with how good the winner is?

19. stick

stick Bumper King

Dont make yourself look daft fella, Top Notch won the Scilly Isles on worse ground than that and won on heavy over hurdles. Henderson wouldnt have run him if he had been worried about the ground.

20. Doalittle

Watch it again and tell me he's handling that ground. And there's no need to be telling me Don't be making myself look daft after you tried to put people off Sanroe Santos today