1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic SARS-CoV-2 Covid-19

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by AmalCarb, Jan 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Nah, boozer.

The difference between an alcoholic and a boozer, is that us boozer's don't have to go to them silly meetings. <ok>

tigerscanada likes this.
  2. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

A word of warning:

If you receive an email or WhatsApp with the subject “ding dong” don't open it, they're Jehovah's Witnesses working from home.

3. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Good luck with that Boz. Just heard a cop tell Sky news we don't have the personnel to make it work. But nevermind we can dream on and I guess we'll make it work. Somehow! Won't we ??

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  4. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

Howden Tigress, balkan tiger and DMD like this.
  5. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

With this image attached no doubt :emoticon-0105-wink:

please log in to view this image

DMD likes this.
  6. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

7. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

8. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

I just cancelled 2 jobs tomorrow and will spend the morning calling other customers to tell them I'm closing up for the foreseeable.

Just need the chancellor to come through for the self employed now.

Real ale tiger, TIGERSCAVE and GLP like this.
  9. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Good luck fella...

FLG likes this.
  10. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Taxi drivers essential??

11. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

That can't feel good. It's not that long ago they were saying what a great thing it was that the UK had so many self employed, so that should show that they know about you and respect you, so should support you.

My guess is they'll look at previous tax returns, which will no doubt upset those that have been 'imaginative'.

12. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I'm no expert, but i don't think the taxis are much use without them.

Stockholm Tiger, Kempton, GLP and 3 others like this.
  13. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

I have faith and there seems enough vibes that something will be done by the chancellor.

It's not a money thing, I think I'll be ok and I'm really just mothballing for now. My financial situation isn't a major problem

There is no need for me to be going to 2/3 houses a day with what I do.

I'll be back as soon as we're all told we can, but my priorities are my family, me, everyone else - in that order.

Be ok.

14. allowentry

allowentry Well-Known Member

been in the back of a stinking filthy taxi isn't a place i would like to be, cant see half of them cleaning handles after every journey

15. Chazz Rheinhold

Sweeping generalisation

16. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...dance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others

Full guidance on staying at home and away from others
    Published 23 March 2020

The single most important action we can all take, in fighting coronavirus, is to stay at home in order to protect the NHS and save lives.

When we reduce our day-to-day contact with other people, we will reduce the spread of the infection. That is why the government is now (23 March 2020) introducing three new measures.

1. Requiring people to stay at home, except for very limited purposes
    2. Closing non-essential shops and community spaces
    3. Stopping all gatherings of more than two people in public
    Every citizen must comply with these new measures. The relevant authorities, including the police, will be given the powers to enforce them – including through fines and dispersing gatherings.

These measures are effective immediately. The Government will look again at these measures in three weeks, and relax them if the evidence shows this is possible.

1. Staying at home
    You should only leave the house for one of four reasons:

• Shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.
    • One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household.
    • Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
    • Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home.
    These four reasons are exceptions - even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.

These measures must be followed by everyone. Separate advice is available for individuals or households who are isolating, and for the most vulnerable who need to be shielded.

If you work in a critical sector outlined in this guidance, or your child has been identified as vulnerable, you can continue to take your children to school.

2. Closing non-essential shops and public spaces
    Last week, the Government ordered certain businesses - including pubs, cinemas and theatres - to close. The Government is now extending this requirement to a further set of businesses and other venues, including:

• all non-essential retail stores - this will include clothing and electronics stores; hair, beauty and nail salons; and outdoor and indoor markets, excluding food markets.
    • libraries, community centres, and youth centres.
    • indoor and outdoor leisure facilities such as bowling alleys, arcades and soft play facilities.
    • communal places within parks, such as playgrounds, sports courts and outdoor gyms.
    • places of worship, except for funerals attended by immediate families.
    • hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campsites, caravan parks, and boarding houses for commercial/leisure use (excluding permanent residents and key workers).
    3. Stopping public gatherings
    To make sure people are staying at home and apart from each other, the Government is also stopping all public gatherings of more than two people.

There are only two exceptions to this rule:

• where the gathering is of a group of people who live together - this means that a parent can, for example, take their children to the shops if there is no option to leave them at home.
    • where the gathering is essential for work purposes - but workers should be trying to minimise all meetings and other gatherings in the workplace.
    In addition, the Government is stopping social events, including weddings, baptisms and other religious ceremonies. This will exclude funerals, which can be attended by immediate family.

4. Delivering these new measures
    These measures will reduce our day to day contact with other people. They are a vital part of our efforts to reduce the rate of transmission of coronavirus.

Every citizen is instructed to comply with these new measures.

The Government will therefore be ensuring the police and other relevant authorities have the powers to enforce them, including through fines and dispersing gatherings where people do not comply.

They will initially last for the three weeks from 23 March, at which point the Government will look at them again and relax them if the evidence shows this is possible.

17. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

Aye, me too. They were not happy, but **** em.

18. Chazz Rheinhold

Mate high up in social services in the north east just said they been allocated a military coordinator

19. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

Heard this afternoon that you'll get 80% like the rest of us.

20. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.