1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic SARS-CoV-2 Covid-19

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by AmalCarb, Jan 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Off The Line

Off The Line Well-Known Member

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Mckechnie Orange likes this.
  2. Off The Line

Off The Line Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting with honesty. My children have Attachment difficulties with one having SEN as they're on the Foetal Alcohol Spectrum. I was all for putting them in as they thrive on structure and have become completely dysregulated by events of the last week or so, but if they're not going to have that, then it will not help them to regulate.

3. Heimdallr

Heimdallr Well-Known Member

It's fair enough for everyone to be concerned about how they can do their jobs in the situation. It's not selfish or entitled to be angry about how the government has handled this - a complete u turn in a week. Not sure why the UK is so far behind the rest of Europe regarding testing. The figures of infection published are clearly a small fraction.

I'm not there, but the media pictures from the UK are appalling - panic buying, long queues, selfishness, crime, refusal to self isolate. Compare and contrast to Poland now. Sad times.

Leon T Trout AFC likes this.
  4. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

F1 racing teams amongst 1,400 other companies have agreed to switch to manufacturing ventilators.

<applause><applause><applause>:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl

Cortez91 and look_back_in_amber like this.
  5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

They’re not ‘clearly a small fraction’, they might well be, but equally they might not. We’re only testing those presenting at hospitals with symptoms, we’ve tested almost 60,000 people so far and 95% tested negative.

I’ve not stockpiled anything, nor have I have any significant difficulty getting hold of things as normal. Some people are ****ers, most people aren’t, ‘twas ever thus.

6. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Well I would invite you to try and buy bog paper in Teesside. It’s a ****ing jungle out there.

7. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Shakes head....

FYI.... for some change 'problems' to bankruptcy, insolvency. These 'problems' cannot be reversed.and some at significant cost mentally as well as financially.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    Cambstiger and DMD like this.
  8. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

I really don't get the bog roll thing, with a bit of imagination you can come up with 1/2 dozen alternative ways of cleaning your arse. Food is a different thing altogether, if there's no food there's not much alternative.

DMD likes this.
  9. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

How will history represent the great 2020 bog roll famine?

10. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Thankfully check out staff seem to be managing to think on their feet without guidance.

There are plenty of people in jobs that get no guidance, and that would generate an imedeate negative impact if they couldn't deliver.

Thankfully, they cope.

balkan tiger likes this.

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

This has already gone viral, but hopefully the more that see it, the more will stop behaving like pricks...

12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I was at Aldi in Hessle on Wednesday night and they were completely out of bog roll, but they still had plenty of kitchen roll and in the middle aisle there was a band saw, so you could easily make your own.

13. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Taking it to another level, apparently Currys are short off fridges.... go figure!!!!

And I dont get this... yesterday Makro only allowed people form the restaurant trade in for the first hour or two!!!.... visiting a restaurant anytime immediately anyone...?

14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Matt Hancock has just been on breakfast news, saying that a company has developed a home tester, that gives instant results and the government is hoping to get them into production immediately.

Blaknamberblood and Ric Glasgow like this.
  15. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

Pasta is the answer to bog roll crisis.
    Whilst all the spaghetti and twirly stuff is flying of the shelves there are plenty of packs of lasagne sheets which, when soaked, are a handy alternative.

16. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Correct!!! Use a newspaper like our old Granny's and Grandads did.....Improvisation could be key in the coming weeks.

balkan tiger likes this.
  17. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Without getting too political, in one of the run ups to one of the Brexit deadlines we were being told of all the impending shortages due to hold ups at ports. Not to worry they said every available warehouse is full of stock including toilet rolls which are mostly imported was the claim. Now a few months later they are telling us not to worry about toilet rolls as they are mostly made in the UK. A big factory near Hexham I believe, not so far from Teesside you could nip up there and ambush a truck as it leaves the factory.

AlRawdah likes this.
  18. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

please log in to view this image

19. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Ironic. I am pulling you up for coming on here and complaining that having to go in on Monday to ‘babysit’ when you don’t know how many kids there are or what you’re supposed to teach them so their parents can continue to work in hospitals is a waste of your time.

Stop trying to hide your selfish, arrogant attitude behind fancy words.

More likely you’re the reason society is so self centred and all everyone can think about is “me me me”.

20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

That company that stockpiled 3.5m rolls, sold them all in 48 hours apparently, though I don't think they had to worry about it getting stuck at ports, 90% of the bog roll sold in the UK is made in the UK. There's two UK companies alone, that are currently producing 6.7m rolls a day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.