1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sarri .

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Stan the Man said Sarri was useless and should be gone already. He said the same about Conte, so stating the obvious doesn't make Stan clever.
    Chelsea Managers always go every 2 years, so Stans' on safe ground.
    I prefer to give the Manager 1 year then judge.
    But that's impossible at Chelsea because the Board NEVER do what they say, which is back the Manager in the transfer period so he can "build' for the future.
    Sarri is the latest in a never ending line of quality Managers let down by our Board.
    I will also say I think Sarri is no good. I was happy to see him try, but he's shown himself to be rigid, blinkered and unimaginative.Add to that lacking in courage.
    That's 4 strikes. one more than needed to be out.
    He'll do nothing for Chelsea except drive out what little talent we have. Kante, Alonso, now Azpi, are all surplus to Sarris' needs.
    Hazard is off to Real at seasons end.
    RLC, Christensen, CHO, Michy, Ampadu, are all looking to go because of no playing time. Partly down to the Board, largely to Sarri.
    I'd quit now and get rid of, he's a very big mistake and it will be an ugly ending.
    Look for a PL manager of a low team who's doing the business. Stop with the Italian flops.
    Won't happen of course, RA is a "Star ****er" and only employs "stars".
    How's that going Roman?

Tottenham. If we don't win this one, Sarri should be out the door. If he plays the "same old" he should be out the door.
    Time to give the supporters a glimmer of competence, instead of blaming everyone except himself.

2. chelsea - over 100 years of history

To be fair, the board gave him 50 million to get Jorginho and are about to sanction going against transfer policy to get 31 year old Higuain.

Don't think the board are at fault here. Its either Sarri being unable to adapt Sarri ball to fit the players we have or the players not being able to adapt themselves to the system.

I think it's a bit of both but playing your best 2 players out of position verges on criminal. Higuain should solve one of those issue hopefully.

3. Chelsea Pensioner

Couldn't agree more. It's bloody difficult to apportion blame over transfers, and maybe even team selections.
    Sure Sarri is under immense pressure to "win", so he plays safe and sticks to our proven "winners" week after week.
    But when the "winners' play like donkeys and still keep getting selected, something is amiss.
    You're right on both counts. Sarris' "hero" of Napoli Sarri Ball, Jorghino, is hopeless in the PL, and our great players , like Kante, Alonso, Dave, Hazard are not as good at Sarri Ball as they are at their natural game.
    So our best players underperform playing out of position, and our others can't play Sarris' game.
    So do we dismantle our squad and sell our best players in the hope Higuan et al will regurgitate Napoli a la Sarri, or simply forget Sarri Ball, and better set up what we have?
    I'm going for the latter. Sarri Ball out, use our squad better.

4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I am beginning to lose patience. Any system that cant get the best out of Kante and Hazard is not worth playing. There has to be a degree of flexibility all round.

5. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Breaking news, Higuain deal off....

He didn't realise Sarri wanted to play him in goal.

#false1

Blueman and Chelsea Pensioner like this.
  6. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Who would you like to take over?..... I'm happy to give him time,he deserves that just for bringing Franco back.
    Not sure whats gone wrong since the Liverpool game but like to think we'll improve again.Wonder if Higuain is the
    answer?....On 300k a week lets hope he can do something.

7. Chelsea Pensioner

Haven't given that any thought at all, I'm usually not for firing managers mid stream, but this one is seemingly unable to get anything or anyone playing well.
    I don't subscribe to Stans view that Managers don't matter, but at Chelsea we've tried just about everyone who's any good and nothing works anymore.
    Higuan will be better than Morata for sure, but will he get anything from our midfield?? I doubt it, and hope I'm wrong.

8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

What difference will it make?
    Whoever comes in will just get arse ****ed by our board and leave within 2 years anyway!
    I am getting to the stage where its Roman out, to be honest.
    He needs to sell the club, to someone who:
    a) Is allowed in this country
    and
    b) Isn't just interested in small bursts of glory and actually wants to build a legacy.

Roman is starting to get like Wenger was at Arsenal, in that the fans dont want to speak ill of him, because he has done so much for the club in the past, but it is becoming clearer that he is the hindrance, he and his board.

9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Sounds ungrateful but I wouldn't mind this at all. Someone who gives a manager 3 years of winning nothing whilst bringing through some of our youth.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

I was in Fulham Road when the Chelsea bus went along with RA's first premiership team, the entire neighbourhood was going off and joy was in the air.
    Then Jose was gone, and I don't honestly remember the order, but we had a succession of managers, all well credentialed, some great, some far from great, but all complained of exactly the same treatment.
    1. Roman let the players call the shots, and let the Manager down. RA likes being associated with "stars", Players first, Managers 2nd.
    2. He and his cronies, and they are and always were cronies, decided on who to buy and sell with almost no regard for the Managers choices.
    3. There was always a hint of amateurism and lack of football brains on the Board. At least now the Company is well run, but the Football side of things is still shambolic.
    4. RAs' extraordinary dedication and financial spending won Chelsea lots of trophies, and fans of 50 year like me, were as happy as a drunk locked in a brewery.
    That was then.
    Now we have had 3 -4 years up and down like a brides nightie, and are more likely to get 4th than win, might even struggle for 4th, are wasting huge amounts of money on the wrong players, we're driving away our best youth players, and still acting like things haven't changed in the last 7 or 8 years.
    It's uncomfortable to say so, but despite all he's done, I strongly believe if RA had more football brains and less Billionaires ego in the mix, he could have won everything he did, spent less AND have in place a system that needs only occasional "topping up" of huge priced players to keep us in the hunt for every trophy.
    I also wouldn't mind seeing RA sell, Let him enjoy his boats and jets, his mansions and cronies, change his girlfriends as often as his managers, and let someone else have a go, who may not be more dedicated, but is more interested in getting the Club ,and keeping it, in the top echelon rather than getting off on it.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    Bodinki likes this.

11. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Exactly how I am feeling too to be honest.
    I can't bring myself to hate Roman, how could I?
    I saw my team become Champions of Europe because of him, but I also feel that he has taken the club as far as he can.
    Give the Political climate, and the Anti-Russian sentiment in the West right now and our desire to see a different Chelsea Football Club, I would like him to sell the club......

We can wish.....

12. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Careful what you wish for........Mike Ashley<laugh>

BobbyD likes this.
  13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

14. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Do i reckon the club could be better run? Deffo. RA has made a lot of mistakes and whilst it does seem to have worked in the past, it is not great going through so many managers and not seeing the youth come through.

Think you will find it takes an extraordinary manager and situation to build a dynasty. Even fergie has his highs and lows.

City owners are sort of doing it right and have arguably one of the best managers in footie (when given loads of cash, dont rate him personally), pretty much unlimited money and yet they are unlikely to go through this period of dominance you speak of cp.

Its just the nature of the PL beast nowadays.

15. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I think it's also naive to think Fergie would have dominated or lasted as long in this era. Great manager but had very little financial competition until Roman came along. Most seasons only a couple of teams good enough to challenge, now there are 5-6 clubs big and rich enough.

16. The Ginger Marks

I can’t be critical of any of the past three Chelsea owners especially Roman. If he has any faults it is he is impatient. Seeing my club win everything in football in my lifetime I have to tell you Im chuffed to bits. Think Sarri is a good football playing manager but is vastly doing it with Contes team. Imho all this team needs is a playmaker and a 25 goal a year striker.

#Sarriin

BobbyD likes this.
  17. Chelsea Pensioner

It's not dominance I would like Bobby, just to see the football side of things better planned and executed. The running of the Company is done professionally and very successfully, cause that's what RA is good at. Choosing Directors of Football and members of the Board with enough knowledge to have a valid say in Player transfers, and knowing how to work with Managers is not his strong suit. Can't see him changing now, and the thought that RA' methods have taken us as far as he can is probably best describes my feelings.