1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sarri wants to leave.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Blueman, Jun 1, 2019.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Not just that managers with philosophies are stubborn and take time to implement.

As you say look at pep who was ridiculed in his first season.

Then look at klopp who knackered his players out and had a shoddy defence.

Of course i wasnt a fan of our football a lot of the times but it was infinitely better than under conte

You could also see sarri adapt and started using rlc and cho more

Bodinki likes this.
  2. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

was it a lot of fans? Or was it a vocal minority which was overblown by the media? According to the media Sam Allardyce was totally hated by all of us and, every week, we protested him being at our club, yet that wasn't really the case, which is why they always had to use a photo of the same banner, held by the same people at the same match everytime they wrote about it.
    please log in to view this image

Blueman and BobbyD like this.
  3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Let's be honest though. He played CHO more when he got capped by England. If it wasn't for that then he wouldn't have got much game time and would have walked. Never rated Sarri, and good riddance.

4. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Very true. It was a vocal minority of match goers.

5. chelsea - over 100 years of history

The booing of Sarri (and Jorginho) was poor but I guess if you've travelled to Manchester or Bournemouth to see us get embarrassed you have a right to be vocal.

I'm not convinced Sarri has ever really fully settled and with Juve calling, he may have gone anyway. Its so us to be like a soap opera every 5 minutes though!

As for Frank, its would largely be a sentimental of course, but it's one at the right time if ever. With the ban looming and lots of promising kids on the fringes, this is the ideal time for a Lampard/Jody Morris appointment.

Even without the ban, how many times have we appointed well established coaches for it to completely fail or fail after a year or 2.

Lampard will be given time because of his link to the club plus the transfer ban and might actually be able to build something. He'll have the immediate respect of the players. The atmosphere certainly wont be toxic like it was at times this year. We are well off City and Liverpool and can't spend so why not take this time to do something a little different?

Above someone said it would be like United appointing Giggs or Ole. I don't completely buy that because Frank has worked under so many top managers that he can forge his own style rather than be Fergie-lite. Plus he is clearly a very intelligent guy which helps in the modern era. Lets not forget that Pep's experience was managing Barca B before he took over Barca. They had great players of course but he took them to a new level with no experience.

Another 5 years managing championship sides or lower half prem sides wont prepare Frank for managing Chelsea either. At some point, someone will have to take a punt on him and I'd rather it was us.

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

What I mean is keep playing most of last seasons players like Willian, Pedro, Giroud, etc or use the likes of Reece James, Batshit, Zouma, plus the 2 injured kids. A gradual but regular use of youngsters could unearth a couple more CHOs and RLCs, and set us up for years. Or we could keep playing most of Sarris squad . I’d opt for the second route. Either way we’re unlikely to win anything but might end up in a better place at the end of the ban.

7. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I think it’s provably set up for Lampard and Morris despite it being one or two years early. I mean, if it wasn’t them who else would we get? We’ve been through pretty much every other “top” manager haven’t we?

I don’t think it’ll be great next season but we’re fortunate that Arsenal and United are poor teams too so we’ll still be in a chance of the top 4. I think everyone outside the top 6 is still too far away just yet and Liverpool and City are miles ahead at the top.

A good opportunity for some of the youngsters to make an impact this season and then add some quality to them next season and finally get rid of the older players, Giroud, Luiz, Pedro etc will be well into their 40’s by then.