1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Sanchez to Man City

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BrunelGooner, Apr 12, 2017.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Loving Wenger's stance on this:

'If he wants to play Champions League football, then he needs to help us get back in it'

2. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Exactly the right thing to say. Spot on <ok>

PINKIE likes this.
  3. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

As nice as it is to hear and as much as I agree we shouldn't sell even if it mean losing him for free next year... The statement is hollow. Whether Sanchez plays well next year or not, or whether he helps us reach the CL or not, he can play CL in 2017/18 anyway as he will just choose to sign for another club that's in it regardless of where we finish.

Helping us get back into the CL makes no difference to whether he can play CL football in 2017/18 or not.

Sir Tennisball likes this.
  4. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Its soo ****ing ridiculous we cant get our own players to renew their contracts before they run down.

The only conclusion I can draw from this that we are too ****ing cheap to actually pay the players what they are worth. On top of that we have the opposite problem in that we normally pay our fringe players FAR too much. (hence our huge wage bill)

5. AndyI

AndyI Well-Known Member

Pretty much nailed it there.

If Wenger and the Club don't want to sell and/or he really wants the move to City or another PL team (not abroad), then he will stay for another season and then go to City or wherever for a massive signing on fee as it seems pretty obvious he's not signing a new deal at Arsenal

It's just like Lewandowski's situation in his last season at Dortmund. He wanted to go to Bayern and no where else but Dortmund where sick of losing there best players to their biggest rivals, so he stayed and saw his contract out then moved for a whopping sign-on fee.

However in his last Season, he helped beat Bayern in the Super-cup, finished top scorer in the league as Dotmund came second and got to the cup final (losing both to Bayern)
    Sanchez is a top pro and will put 100% in next season if he stays but he will then leave as his right.

cini65 and gooner4ever like this.
  6. TheBear

Some rumours suggesting PSG have offered Matuidi, Moura and cash for Sanchez!

I have to say that's a tempting offer.

Matuidi is a little dynamo in midfield and Lucas Moura has absolutely World Class ability. He hasnt performed to the level that was expected of him (he was compared to Ronaldo) - yet still managed 19 goals from a wide position last Season. Still only 24, if Wenger can get consistency from him he could be an amazing singing.

------------------------Cech-------------------------
    -------Holding----Koscielney----Mustafi-------
    Bellerin-----Matuidi----Xhaka------Kolasinac
    --------Ozil------Lacazette------Moura---------

Be sad to loose Sanchez - but I would like Moura and Matuidi at Arsenal for sure.

7. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

If we got Matuidi then I suppose at least we'd have one good central midfielder.

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Matudi is 30 though, not sure he's a long term investment. Moura would be decent but if Sanchez is going then I'd like to see us get Carvalho and Lemar

If PSG really want to do business then give us Veratti <ok>

gooner4ever likes this.
  9. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Why not bid for Verrati as he might tempt Sanchez to stay !

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Would be amazing if we could get him. But if Sanchez is going, then I reckon we definitely need Lemar, and I really want to see us go for Carvalho. I still think we've got a weak area at DM. Coquelin isn't good enough imo. Some rumours that Elneny might be off. If that's true then I hope it's because we're bringing in Carvalho.

11. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Selling Sanchez and getting Lemar as a replacement is a step backwards. Lemar is a quality player but he's still not in his prime or acclimatised to the PL, which will take over a season. We would lose a significant attacking threat. We need two players to replace Sanchez, one for either wing as Oxo, Lemar and co will not be able to contribute enough attacking wise to make up for Sanchez's absence.

TheBear likes this.
  12. TheBear

Agreed - I like Lemar but I doubt he will ever get the goals Sanchez gets us. He's more of a creative player.
    One of the big issues with loosing Sanchez is we will be loosing 25-30 goals per Season. He also scores alot of winners(more than any other EPL player)

Unless we get a Bale,Mbappe,Greizmann then I think it will take two top players to replace Sanchez contribution.

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yeah I agree. Losing Sanchez will be a big blow. I hope the club stick to their principles and keep him even if he walks away on a free next summer.

14. TheBear

Arsenal need to stop faffing around.

• If Sanchez just want more money. I would give him what he wants and sign him up on a new deal.
    • If Sanchez genuinely wants to leave - I would sell him now to the highest bidder and re-invest - Providing we can get a good fee.

If he actually wants to leave and If we can get 70-80 million then I would sell.

For that money are Madrid willing to sell Bale? (looks like they will be spending 150+ million on Mbappe) or Athletico willing to sell Greizmann?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  15. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Griezmann was set to join M. Utd but chose to stay because of Atletico's transfer ban. I expect he'll still end up at Utd next summer or whenever

16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Gareth Bale to Arsenal would be worth it just to see the Spuds go into meltdown about it.

17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Only if Lukaku flops.
    United would look a bit silly have a £90m striker on the bench