1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Same gut reaction today as Bolton 15/16 from me

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Dec 26, 2017.

1. yorkiegit

yorkiegit Active Member

Oooh controversial lol

2. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

May as well be...the town are not giving us much else to enthuse over

fieldmarshall likes this.
  3. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Yorkie come on mate it's a forum we all participate and say what we think! I'll give my two cents, I love hearing all of your opinions.

The reason I'm like I am re Bristol City is the fact I live 10 miles from the city, have been to Ashton Gate 40 times plus over the past 15 years and have bucket loads of friends who are all season ticket holders with both the Bristol clubs.

I honestly don't rate Lee Johnson as a manager - he lost 11 on the spin last year and I was amazed Lansdown didn't pull the trigger. He's put an absolute fortune into the club, they signed a guy for £5 mill this summer and pay a bucket load more than us for wages.

Bristol City fans DESPISED him as a player and had massive issue with his ability - many were of the opinion he only played due to daddy Gary Johnson managing them at the time.

I just don't buy the media ' little Bristol City ' like they did with Bournemouth the year they cheated and went up by spending an absolute bucket load of cash!!!

Bristol City are absolutely flying this season though - watched the game last night and they were superb. Very unlucky to lose and liked the way they played the game.

So maybe I'm wrong and he's a good manager - however I don't think he'd do a particularly good job at us as we're bankrolled far less than Bristol City are. How pathetic is that........ we're a bigger club for heavens sake.

I really don't like the way we do things under Mick - it's bloody horrible to watch, however to a point I get it.

Like you all I'm just absolutely fed up right now. That said, I think many a club in this division is. £££££ has absolutely ruined the game, crying shame.

4. Westlake33

Maybe tard was a bit harsh - potentially poor taste so if any offence caused it wasn't supposed to. Perhaps ' limited ' was more what I was getting at.

That being said, we're far too PC as a nation at times it's borderline embarrassing. SORRRYYYYYY Uk culture. I've walked into someone before and they've said 'SORRRYYY ( Inbetweeners ) ' to me and I've thought ' hang on, I WALKED INTO YOU... yet you're apologising to me!?! '

5. stretchyboy

He does look and talk like a tard though

6. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

<doh>

Much like your response Stretchy (I suspect) that head slap is meant ironically.

7. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I haven't lived in England for several years so can't comment on how the culture is now but it's tough just being an employee in the US. You can get in trouble with human resources by somebody taking offence to something they hear you say even if it's not directed at them or them being part of the conversation. They kill all of your personality until you're left with a few predetermined copy/paste responses that you feel safe using. It's a very strange form of oppression.
    When I feel like i don't have freedom of speech then PC has gone too far in my opinion.

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  8. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

While some the outrage against 'PC' talk is understandable when it is taken too far, I've always had the viewpoint that 'being PC' is simply just having good manners and respect for people.

9. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

I read that as a defence of Mick but point one highlights the problem. Sears great at the start, attacking instinct seems to have been trained out of him, stifled by how he's used. Chaplow as you say wanted to play on floor more than he was allowed.

Point 2 is really dependent on who's on Mick's wish list

10. Westlake33

Sears cannot play in a 4-3-3. He's fine in a 4-4-2 WITH the bag man ala Murphy for flick ons. Hence why he's been crap since 14/15 for me. I don't think anything to do with coaching etc, Sears simply hasn't fitted into the way we've played for quite some time.

As for political correctness, it does my head in. We've gone way too far........ people are offended for the sake of being offended. So many in this country need to get a grip and get over the self entitledness. Hasn't done us any favours.

San Diego likes this.

11. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Not to go off topic too much, but at Christmas just gone, when my extended family were discussing political correctness going too far, I asked them "how has political correctness had a negative factor in your life?" (Yes, I'm fun at parties). Nobody really had an answer and certainly not a negative personal experience. Interested to hear different on here, as the topic has been brought up.

Mike_Holmes1990 likes this.
  12. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

It was so much more fun in the old days,you know,when you could throw a banana on the pitch if the opposition fielded a black player.
    Or if two men walked down the road holding hands you could beat the living crap out of them without any fear of retribution.
    Or if the wife gave you any lip you could just belt her in the safe knowledge the police wouldn’t get involved as it was “only a domestic”.
    The days when you could stick your hand up some bird’s skirt and you know she would just see it as a bit of fun.
    I do so miss those days!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Scowey and Nuggets like this.
  13. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

We mustnt confuse PC with manners and courtesy because they are not the same, i heard a woman berating a man for holding the door open for her as she was quite capable of doing it herself and she hadnt asked him to. I hold doors open and appreciate it when someone prevents the door slamming in my face surely this is common courtesy and deserves a thankyou.
    The examples BA gives are not to be tolerated anywhere but some instances you hear and see are simply examples good manners and not an insult or insinuation of weakness and should be appreciated as such.

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  14. stretchyboy

I had a debate with the missus not long ago, in regards to sexual harassment in the workplace.
    I don't understand how it can be regarded as sexual harassment if you compliment a female on her nice breasts, or arse - but it's absolutely fine to say she has nice eyes, or a nice smile!

I also used to get called zorba all the time (being of Greek origin), but it was just banter and a bit of fun (looking back now, i even remember often saying to female colleagues "whilst you're doing there" when they bent down in front of me).

Oh those were the days :)

15. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

For a while at my work there were two Chris's. When the second one joined our team I started calling him 'mini Chris' just because he was slightly smaller than the 'original Chris'
    I got in trouble for calling him mini even though he loved it as a nickname because I was told somebody else might take offence. It kind of pissed me off that I wasn't allowed to use that nickname even though the person it was aimed at was perfectly fine with it.
    Working in the US is a drag when it comes to watching what you say just in case someone the other side of the damn room doesn't like it.

16. Westlake33

As for political correctness, it does my head in. We've gone way too far........ people are offended for the sake of being offended. So many in this country need to get a grip and get over the self entitledness. Hasn't done us any favours.[/QUOTE]

The main difference I would say to now, is people will say what they expect others to deem socially acceptable, yet behind closed doors be completely two faced about the same issue.

Brexit to me for instance wasn't remotely a surprise - though if you asked ' leave ' people in the st
    Amen Stretchy - especially women with their jugs out ( must have the tv show bottom on their brain ) - if they have them out for all to see, and I want to have a look, I'm going to have a look.

Same with people who have tattoos - I don't have one, nor would I ever get one, however if you have one and I want to have a look at it - then don't have a nervous breakdown if I look at it.

17. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Only sometimes, i would say most of the time!

18. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Gender neutral toilets! WTF!!

San Diego likes this.
  19. Westlake33

Haha very good Mr Positive ;)